BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield United (a) - 20/8/22

They're a strong solid organised side who are dangerous on set pieces.

We are quite a weak side atm with a sprinkling of quality but need hard work and intensity every game to cover the weakness.  I think this one is all wrong for us coming off the back of tonight.

Blades   2     Rovers    0

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Sheffield United (a) - 20/8/22

I thought this match would be the first defeat, sadly now I think it'll be the second defeat.

But we'll come back with a win against Bradford in the cup then there's two home games. It'll be a well fought draw against Stoke then narrowly beat Blackpool.

3 or 4 signings will happen between now and then which will define the season.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Not good enough to start but you'd have em on bench.....🤷‍♂️ they aren't good enough to play any first team matches.

I think Dolan is much better coming on for the last quarter. He’s got bundles of energy and is a nightmare for lagged defences. QPR game he cause then loads of headaches…

• Like 1

Watched part of their game last night and they were very good albeit against a 10 man Sunderland. Berge is better than Championship level, and (unfortunately) Ahmedhodzic was immense, though still trying to figure out where he played. Seemed to be anywhere but cb!.

Anybody else any idea where he was supposed to be playing?

Sheffield Utd have played three at the back all this season, and like under Mowbray I can see playing teams in 343 or 352 is going to be a big issue for us. We tend to be very top heavy with a lot of attackers, and what Reading did so well was strangling us in midfield and across the back line. The players up front were isolated, and not physical enough to retain the ball the few times they got it. It will be more of the same by Sheffield Utd I think....

We really need to match them up in my opinion. We can just about do it with the players in the squad but it means 1) leaving quite a few attacking players on the bench or out of the squad, 2) hoping no defenders get injured as there is literally no one to come on...

Kaminski

Phillips    Ayala    Pickering 

Britain   Buckley    Travis     Morton    Edun

Hedges    Brereton

Subs : Pears, U23 defender?!, JRC, A Wharton, Gallagher, Dack, Sammie/Dolan

Already lack of flexibility in the squad very clear

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Watched part of their game last night and they were very good albeit against a 10 man Sunderland. Berge is better than Championship level, and (unfortunately) Ahmedhodzic was immense, though still trying to figure out where he played. Seemed to be anywhere but cb!.

Anybody else any idea where he was supposed to be playing?

I believe there is a big bid in for Berge and he could be gone anytime, from abroad I think.

I listened to the first half on the radio, Sunderland were the better team until the red card on 33 mins.

This may be our toughest road game of the season. I feared it going into the season, and fear it more after the wipeout in Reading. 

Obviously, sans Wharton, we have woes in the backfield. I am happier with Phillips playing than Pickering, but not truly happy with either. Strangely, Morton & Edun square peg/round hole might be better off. I think we score, but not enough, 

2-1. 

Edited by WacoRover

Heckingbottom will have seen how our lot couldn't handle aggression and pressure last night and will get his team to play the same way. Expect them to play a high tempo game that will pin us on the back foot and expose the flaws in our fragile team.

Another reality check I'm afraid

Blades 3 Rovers 0