BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield United (a) - 20/8/22

3 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Bring Morton into the starting 11 to help out the midfield. I didn't see the Reading game but sounds like they struggled badly (as did everyone!)

If we had enough CB's we could have gone for a back 3. 

1660895701800.png

This is the team for me.

Expecting a loss unfortunately, they’re a strong side and we’re lacking depth to replace some tired legs. 

Followed up by Usyk beating AJ, then Usman beating Edwards early morning. It’s a sports marathon. 

• Like 2

sheff utd 0-rovers 1,we spend 90 minutes under the cosh,sheff utd hit the post and bar 10 times,miss a penalty and 2 open goals,rovers are playing like we did at reading,on 90 minutes kaminski declines the passing out from the back bollocks and boots the ball long,it sails into the utd half with anel whatziamane under it,shockingly he misjudges his header and it bounces over his head onto an onrushing gallagher who gleefully rounds the keeper in front of the rovers fans who go completely mental 😂

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

sheff utd 0-rovers 1,we spend 90 minutes under the cosh,sheff utd hit the post and bar 10 times,miss a penalty and 2 open goals,rovers are playing like we did at reading,on 90 minutes kaminski declines the passing out from the back bollocks and boots the ball long,it sails into the utd half with anel whatziamane under it,shockingly he misjudges his header and it bounces over his head onto an onrushing gallagher who gleefully rounds the keeper in front of the rovers fans who go completely mental 😂

I'll have a pint of that! 🤣

• Like 1

Watched a re-run of the Sheff Utd v Sunderland game and didn't actually think the Blades were all that. I thought Sunderland looked the better of the two sides before having a man sent off at 0-0 and also managed to pull a goal back at 0-2.

That said, if we fail to compete physically as was the case on Wednesday night we'll get stuffed.

25 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Watched a re-run of the Sheff Utd v Sunderland game and didn't actually think the Blades were all that. I thought Sunderland looked the better of the two sides before having a man sent off at 0-0 and also managed to pull a goal back at 0-2.

That said, if we fail to compete physically as was the case on Wednesday night we'll get stuffed.

thats what concerned me most,i can only hope that we were shattered from what was an energy sapping game vs west brom(they were equally as poor vs cardiff)

I fear another drubbing here. Sheff Utd are one of the best teams in the league and will win the majority of their home games. 

Vale and Dolan will hopefully be nowhere near the starting 11 for a while, both are poor players. I'm still not convinced by the false 9 play despite it working in the first 4 games. Interested to see how JDT changes it tomorrow after a horror show at Reading. Five at the back with Pickering tucking in and Edun playing at LB?

After the dreadful performance at Reading (the worst since the Fulham 7-0 imo) my confidence is on the floor, so who knows what the players are currently thinking.

One thing is for sure though, another performance like that and we could be on the end of a proper spanking here. It’s a bogey ground and they have a squad packed full of talent and assembled with big money. One of the promotion favourites and for good reason.

My XI: Kaminski, Britain, Ayala, Philips, Pickering, Travis, Buckley, Hedges, Dack, Gallagher, Diaz

Nobody could complain about being left out after Reading. I can’t see anything other than a 2 - 1 defeat unfortunately. Dack for Rovers and Khadra and the big lad from Malmo for the blades.

Surely we can’t be as bad as we were on Wednesday?

Edited by JeffRover

I would set up in 5-3-2 formation and be defensively solid and play on the counter here. 

Here my line up 

Kaminski

Brittain  Phillips  Ayala  Pickering  Edun

Hedges  Travis  Morton

Szmodics  BBD

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would set up in 5-3-2 formation and be defensively solid and play on the counter here. 

Here my line up 

Kaminski

Brittain  Phillips  Ayala  Pickering  Edun

Hedges  Travis  Morton

Szmodics  BBD

Hedges in central midfield?

We cant go 5 at the back because we havent managed to get any defenders in, Pickering is not a centre back and Edun is just generally poor.

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hedges in central midfield?

We cant go 5 at the back because we havent managed to get any defenders in, Pickering is not a centre back and Edun is just generally poor.

Yes for his energy and work rate. This is going to tough game and that we be decide how we stop Norwood and Berge in the team. Put Szmodics on Norwood when we are without the ball. Stop him and we can win this game. 

Yes we can go 5 at the back cos we do have enough defenders. If you disagree fine by me but I would match Sheffield United and play on the counter. We need to defensively solid first and get that clean sheet 

Been seriously worried about this game since the Reading shocker.

Placed a sizeable bet on SU at evens (think best SU odds are now 5/6) just after the Reading game.

TBH, I think we'll be lucky to get away with a defeat by less than 2 goals.  3rd game in 7 days, tired legs, up against a strong physical team and desperately short of quality and depth are all factors pointing to a very difficult time.

JDT desperately needs some help and the Brereton issue needs resolving quickly.  If we aren't careful, our promising start will quickly fall apart at the seams.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Been seriously worried about this game since the Reading shocker.

Placed a sizeable bet on SU at evens (think best SU odds are now 5/6) just after the Reading game.

TBH, I think we'll be lucky to get away with a defeat by less than 2 goals.  3rd game in 7 days, tired legs, up against a strong physical team and desperately short of quality and depth are all factors pointing to a very difficult time.

JDT desperately needs some help and the Brereton issue needs resolving quickly.  If we aren't careful, our promising start will quickly fall apart at the seams.

Dose of reality for once. Pour a glass of Lidl's finest as a reward

I was shocked how bad we were at Reading. SheffU could bang in 5 if we're not up for it

18 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Dose of reality for once. Pour a glass of Lidl's finest as a reward

I was shocked how bad we were at Reading. SheffU could bang in 5 if we're not up for it

TBH Jim, had a couple of half decent wines from Lidl in the past.  A few years ago they did a white Chateauneuf-du-Pape which retailed for about £14 and was very good.  They also currently have a Barolo which retails about the same price - lacks a bit of depth but not to be sneezed at given the price.

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

TBH Jim, had a couple of half decent wines from Lidl in the past.  A few years ago they did a white Chateauneuf-du-Pape which retailed for about £14 and was very good.  They also currently have a Barolo which retails about the same price - lacks a bit of depth but not to be sneezed at given the price.

A perfect summation of our squad. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Would you be open to a thread in I Can’t Believe It’s Not Football titled “Mercer’s Wine Club” where you and others (but mostly you) review wines? I honestly think it would be huge. In fact I’m happy to delete this entire thing and turn BRFCS in a wine website. 

• Like 6

• Backroom
Just now, J*B said:

Would you be open to a thread in I Can’t Believe It’s Not Football titled “Mercer’s Wine Club” where you and others (but mostly you) review wines? I honestly think it would be huge. In fact I’m happy to delete this entire thing and turn BRFCS in a wine website. 

Whatever happened to the Ale thread?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, J*B said:

Think I get castigated enough for my postings without risking further wrath for what might be perceived poor recommendations!

• Like 2