BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield United (a) - 20/8/22

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

One thing's for sure, we can't be starting Phillips, Pickering or Szmodics or we will lose.

We have to start either Pickering or Phillips.Who else would play centre half?

3 games in a week is a lot for Phillips though especially considering the conditions last Sunday.

Wouldn't be surprised if Pickering lined up alongside Ayala with Edun brought in at lb 

We desperately need reinforcements at the back 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We have to start either Pickering or Phillips.Who else would play centre half?

3 games in a week is a lot for Phillips though especially considering the conditions last Sunday.

Wouldn't be surprised if Pickering lined up alongside Ayala with Edun brought in at lb 

We desperately need reinforcements at the back 

Pickering will get absolutely destroyed at centre back. We’d be better off playing Annesley, and that’s saying something. Phillips will have to start even if he doesn’t last the 90.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Pickering will get absolutely destroyed at centre back. We’d be better off playing Annesley, and that’s saying something. Phillips will have to start even if he doesn’t last the 90.

No we wouldn't be better off playing Annesley, I doubt he will make it as a pro. Non-league is Annesleys level, for me. 

5 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

An 8-0 defeat, but a meteor will hit earth just as the final whistle sounds and wipe out the human race making the score line null and void. 

So swings and roundabouts really. 

In that case, I am going to drink heavily this Ash.

Edited by rigger

15 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Phillips could get absolutely destroyed aswell.

I honestly think it's too much to be asking him to play again especially after a thumping the other night .

Nothing ideal but wouldnt surprise me if Pickering features at centre half.Jdt has moved him there a couple of times now .

I obviously don't want Pickering at centre half but there isn't another option if JDT thinks too much for Phillips to start again 

Edited by islander200

7 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

An 8-0 defeat, but a meteor will hit earth just as the final whistle sounds and wipe out the human race making the score line null and void. 

So swings and roundabouts really. 

It would be just our luck that they hit enter and upload the result to history books a second before.

Aliens will discover the result in 1000's of years time.

• Like 1

Hoping JDT has a plan up his sleeve as he did at Swansea, but the way we were bullied at Reading doesn't bode well going into this one. I expect Sheff Utd to be too physical for us to handle. 2-0 home win.

I also think we could see Pickering at CB and Edun at LB. Far from ideal, but there aren't many other options. One of those games where a draw will feel like a win today.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Swap Gallagher and Hedges round and it would be about as strong as we can hope for.

Sick of this false 9 bollocks.  Play a feckin centre forward there not a winger.

I know it's supposed to be a "fluid front 3" but I was really hoping that the days of Gallagher coming off the right would be over once Mowbray was gone.

• Like 2

The "my striker" handshake on social media was not the signal many seemed to think!

I definitely dont think that the attacking side of our performances and the chances we have (or moreso havent) created have convinced as of yet. With Wharton to return and presumably defenders coming in eventually, as frustrated as I am that Tomasson is having to work with such little, I have seen plenty on how organised we have been in the main to be more worried about how the attack will click across the season rather than the defence. The key could be Dack but we need a striker.

Edited by roversfan99