BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Forgotten Players

11 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I could never figure that out. When my son and I were discussing who would need replacing when we made the step up to the Premier League he was one of the last players to be replaced. 
How soon is soon matey ? Lucas Neill came about 10 years after Curtis had gone. David May replaced Curtis.

We are talking about the same John Curtis here aren't we!? 😄😄😄

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, oneandycrawford said:

Bobby Svarc - came with Jim Smith from Colchester

Bobby stayed in Blackburn after his football career ended and I'm sure many of us ended up with a burglar alarm bearing his name.

27 minutes ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Gary Flitcroft.  I think the clubs philosophy back then was if anyone played well against us we would sign them.

That 1999 team was full of duds

I thought Flitcroft was a decent player for us. I would love to see someone of his quality in our midfield right now. He would be the perfect foil for Morton and A Wharton.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Gary Flitcroft.  I think the clubs philosophy back then was if anyone played well against us we would sign them.

Think there was a fella Gary Croft aswell.

Crazy comment! He was a fixture of our midfield for not far off a decade.

Remember Croft scoring a scorcher against Chelsea in our early season title challenge in 97/98

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Think there was a fella Gary Croft aswell.

True dat about your opening comment😄 but to think Flitcroft was a "Forgotten player" isn't far off saying Dunn or MGP are forgotten players. 

Flitcroft did all the dirty work that allowed the likes of Tugay and Dunn to flourish.

Id say more of an unsung hero than forgotten 🤔 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 8

Now that names are just getting repeated on this topic maybe a new similar topic for Unsung Heroes Could be the next topic 

There's been players over the decades that might have only played a handful of games(or even just one!) and saved our bacon in some way (think jon stead for an obvious example) then theres others like Flitcroft above that captained the side for years but kept a relatively low profile and rarely made headlines

2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Got 69% but SO annoyed by those I missed (I knew them all apart from Anthony Dobson. Who the fuck?)

You should also try these then https://www.sporcle.com/games/Freddie/football-league-xis-blackburn-rovers

https://www.sporcle.com/games/culverhouse/top-xis-blackburn-1980s-1990s-copy 

God! Just remembered one "forgotten player" that I don't think has even got a mention on here yet even though he's pretty much the epitome of the topic imo!  Nicky Marker🙌 The most dependable , reliable no nonsense CB or DM you could have as back up on your bench. Always filled in brilliantly when the likes of Hendry, batty , etc.. were injured 

Marker also pretty much destroyed man u class of 92 graduate Ben Thorleys blossoming career with a nasty tackle that literally snapped Thornleys leg in half pretty much 😞 I think it was only a reserve gave as well

good little interview https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/february/champions-nicky-marker/

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

17 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

God! Just remembered one "forgotten player" that I don't think has even got a mention on here yet even though he's pretty much the epitome of the topic imo!  Nicky Marker🙌 The most dependable , reliable no nonsense CB of DM you could have as back up on your bench. Always filled in brilliantly when the likes of Hendry, batty , etc.. were injured 

Marker also pretty much destroyed man u class of 92 graduate Ben Thorleys blossoming career with a nasty tackle that literally snapped Thornleys leg in half pretty much 😞 I think it was only a reserve gave as well

good little interview https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/february/champions-nicky-marker/

He put Ossis Ardiles out of the game when he was playing for Rovers.