BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sam Szmodics-Your thoughts?

7 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Its a message board and people judge players by their perfomances to date. Underwhelming is mine. Moight come good and I hope he does. Just think we have a better player in Dack ont he bench. 

I hope I am wrong, but I think Dack is history. If JDT had any plans for Dack, when we went two-nil up would have been an ideal time to bring Dack on.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rigger said:

I hope I am wrong, but I think Dack is history. If JDT had any plans for Dack, when we went two-nil up would have been an ideal time to bring Dack on.

I think they need to justify this chasing all summer bollocks of Hirst.  Looks a right donkey to me personally, I'd spend the time getting BD totally match fit.  What a waste.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I think they need to justify this chasing all summer bollocks of Hirst.  Looks a right donkey to me personally, I'd spend the time getting BD totally match fit.  What a waste.

Perhaps a decision has already been made. It could be that the club don't think Dack will ever totally recover. If he is still in match-day squads, but not actually playing, perhaps another club will put in a bid ?

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Dack is a number 10 and bring in on much early would have need a changing how the front 3 were playing or change of formation. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dack is a number 10 and bring in on much early would have need a changing how the front 3 were playing or change of formation. 

I think you will find that Dack is a footballer. If he is asked to play anywhere, he should make a decent fist of it. After going two-nil up is an ideal time to bring on a dangerous attacker, as the opposition are forced to attack, and will leave space at the back.

Again this is my opinion, please don't reply and make this topic boring for other board members.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rigger said:

I think you will find that Dack is a footballer. If he is asked to play anywhere, he should make a decent fist of it. After going two-nil up is an ideal time to bring on a dangerous attacker, as the opposition are forced to attack, and will leave space at the back.

Again this is my opinion, please don't reply and make this topic boring for other board members.

Absolutely Dack could play anywhere up front and probably in CM too....some people are so keen to agree with the management that they happy to hang our best players out to dry.. .some have short memories 

• Like 2

Underwhelmed to say the least.  Markanday has caught my eye more than this fella and he seems to be in Siberia somewhere.  Please prove me wrong cos we splashed decent cash and this calls into question the recruitment skills of our DoF and manager.

16 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

That's because the onus seems completely on finding young rough diamonds to maybe buy and polish up to sell rather than actually building a promotion side.

He does look like a player who would be better suited on loan in the lower leagues building himself up rather than competing to start in an upper table championship outfit.  I suspect we aren't contributing much to his wages that's why he's here, a cheap squad filler.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rigger said:

I think he is too. In my opinion, however, he is twice the player of Smoszdics even if 50% the player he used to be. 

21 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dack has played much of his career as a CM - so stop labelling him as a number 10. Here, yes he played as a 10 but at Coventry he often played as a CM.

Edited by JacknOry

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Lovely assist and a goal today. That's more the contributions we want. I missed most of the game through work today, how'd he do outside of the goal moments?

I thought he worked extremely hard and perhaps second only to Hedges in distance covered. A lot of his running was of the selfless type as he tracked back and ran the channels without always seeing the ball. From what I have read and seen it was the type of energetic performance Tomasson expects from his front men.

• Like 2

My thoughts on SS are that he is inconsistent at Championship level, and that he will produce the odd decent performance, such as 2nd half against a tiring Rotherham. Similar to Gally's record over 5 years. 

He was feathered off the ball much too easily in the 1st 60 minutes of the game, and contributed little(similar to most of his performances), so hope JDT can improve his consistency. He certainly shows quality, in flashes. 

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 1

Szmodics might be better as a sub to come on in the last 30 minutes when teams tire and gaps start to appear. Certainly when he starts games he shows little appetite for the midfield battle as teams get stuck in at each other. Alot of money to pay for an "impact sub"

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Szmodics might be better as a sub to come on in the last 30 minutes when teams tire and gaps start to appear. Certainly when he starts games he shows little appetite for the midfield battle as teams get stuck in at each other. Alot of money to pay for an "impact sub"

He didn't play in midfield but more of pressing forward/false 9 in the front 3. He worked his socks off yesterday and the reception he got going off was much deserved. Our 3rd best player on the pitch yesterday