BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wigan Athletic (a) 11/10/2022

4 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I won’t be paying £30 to go to this shithole again and watch a below par performance even though it’s a 10 min drive for me. 0-0 derby day stalemate 

Very poor effort given the attitude you take on here mon.

• Like 6

We have to draw at some point and that's as good as we tend to do at Wigan, so I'm going for 2-2. Dack to get his first of the season, and one of the CB's to score a header from a corner would be nice!

We really need Brittain back so Travis can move back into midfield. If JDT wants to continue playing 4 at the back as he apparently did most of the time at Malmo, then the defenders need greater protection than two inexperienced 18 year olds. Yes they did brilliantly against Blackpool but teams with more tactically astute managers than Michael Appleton will know how to set their teams up to overpower that midfield. If we switched to 3 at the back then you'd need that central player of the 3 to be confident in stepping out from the back as well, something that Van Hecke generally did very well at times last season, and I'm not sure we have anyone who can fill that gap now.

Hopefully S. Wharton and Brittain are back, and If so I'd like to see this team:

GK. Kaminski

LB. Pickering

CB. S. Wharton

CB. Hyam

RB. Brittain

CM. Travis

CM. Buckley

LF. Brereton

CAM. Dack

RF. Hedges

CF. Hirst

To me this seems like a team that is more than capable in this division...but I do worry about the midfield and the lack of protection they can give to the defence...especially as they seem to be experts in giving the ball away as we continue to try and play it out from the back.

1 minute ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Hopefully S. Wharton and Brittain are back, and If so I'd like to see this team:

Think JDT has already said that Brittain won't be back until after the international break.

They were hopeful on Wharton though, maybe move Carter out to right back and bring Wharton in at centre half?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

I agree with a lancashire telegraph article, we need to put inconsistency right. Were blowing hot and cold at the moment. Lets get that winning mentality and cement a place in the top 6. After saying that most teams in the Championship seem to be beating each other.

I think every time goes through inconsistent spells in the championship. Let’s put it this way, out of the 7 games on Saturday I only got 2 results correct. The others were shock results IMO

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

I agree with a lancashire telegraph article, we need to put inconsistency right. Were blowing hot and cold at the moment. Lets get that winning mentality and cement a place in the top 6. After saying that most teams in the Championship seem to be beating each other.

WLWL etc is frustrating but iv'e always thought it's better than draw draw draw and celebrating the 'unbeaten' run.

It's clearly going to be one of those seasons so to hear some people throwing in the towel already is a bit pathetic to say the least.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I think every time goes through inconsistent spells in the championship. Let’s put it this way, out of the 7 games on Saturday I only got 2 results correct. The others were shock results IMO

Perhaps we should start a predict the championship results thread.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

WLWL etc is frustrating but iv'e always thought it's better than draw draw draw and celebrating the 'unbeaten' run.

It's clearly going to be one of those seasons so to hear some people throwing in the towel already is a bit pathetic to say the least.

I am not throwing in the towel, never say die is my attitude, if we can go on an ubeaten run like last season the supporters might start to believe, but like JDT stated rome wasn,t built in a day. We have some talented players at Ewood, the supporters get frustrated when they don't perform.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Absolutely.

Three draws in a row and 1 win and two defeats, yields the same points tally, but if feels horrible losing the two. Obviously like every other football fan, I hate my team losing, but with a win on Saturday, I will be content with the start.

• Like 1

On 04/09/2022 at 06:52, matt83 said:

We’ve not won in 12 attempts I think it’s up to now. Probably the favourites in the vast majority of those games as well, they properly have the Indian sign over us. With this squad I can’t see anything other than that trend continuing.

Ps. Re the pie eaters it’s something to do with striking miners in Wigan losing and forced to go back to work therefore, having into to eat humble pie or something like that. 

If they play like we know they can, I am confident of a Rovers win.

• Like 1

On 04/09/2022 at 07:40, Ossydave said:

Burnley result aside they're having a good start to the season, coupled with us being poor yesterday and our awful record at Wigan it's hard to see a positive result I'm afraid. Suspect our away following will have taken a hit because of yesterday too....

We've got to draw one at some point so I'll go for a 1-1 in the interest of positivity.

They have just been promoted from div 1, a comfortable Rovers win my prediction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

It’s a choice I’ve made! Go to many games but Wigan charging £30 is taking the proverbial 

Fair comment

I agree is too dear for that hole but it's becoming standard prices now the days of cheapos between us and them seem gone.

I'll be going because i'll probably get there and back from Chorley quicker than i do to Ewood.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

If someone thinks that they are not getting value for money, then they will not spend the money. It is not a difficult concept to grasp.

It isn't but a win v Bristol no matter how shit the performance and suddenly more are paying it.

Fine lines and seeing how fickle some are isn't difficult either.

And that's not aimed at anyone in particular but it pisses me off about a section of Rovers fans since the early 80's.  It's my choice to state that so grasp it or don't it's up to you.

Edited by tomphil

Given that Wigan usually bully us (The extra little barge on Dack that I say caused his 1st ACL) and we wuss out, guven we are still finding ourselves and we don't have players of the quality JDT needs to okay his way ut's another somewhat embarrassing loss.

Unless JDT figures out a way to play that suits his current crop until he has what he wants we will continue to look lost on the pitch at times.  Still feel JDT can pull this off.  When his 1st choice defence is availabe we will be better.

Why does he not fancy Markanday looked good to me in the 2 cup games 

• Like 1

On 04/09/2022 at 08:44, jim mk2 said:

If bringing back Szmodics is seen as the answer I’m not sure if people understand what the problem is. I’ve never been as underwhelmed by a signing since the last underwhelming signing. And we paid about £2m for him apparently. This is becoming Mowbray-esque. ….. juggling around a set of inadequate players albeit with a different cast

Very concerned about this lad Szmodics he looks a million miles from championship quality.  Other than the one goal which was a good finish he has done nothing of note.