BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wigan Athletic (a) 11/10/2022

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Not even sure he knows the full details, he brushes away questions about injuries and leaves it up to the medical professionals. Obviously he gets updates on timescales from them though.

We can't play Travis there against Wigan though it would be suicidal just having Morton and Wharton against the likes of McClean. I'd like to think he's learnt that from the last game. I think Mola will be given a debut and Carter at right back. Not ideal but it is what it is.

He clearly doesn't want to tell the media. 

I think back 4 will be Carter at right back, Hyam and Scott Wharton as centre backs with Pickering at left back 

13 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Hopefully he will already be well drilled, and not an amalgam to be spit and rinsed by the opposition. I'm going to nickname him Flossy if he's any good 😉

Just hope he becomes a first team regular and doesn’t rot and decay in the reserves like the Portugeezers did

• Like 1

19 hours ago, R0verb0y said:

Is it a mark of how, erm, "unpredictable" our season's been so far; or that there's no midweek game; that all the recent posts have been about where to drink in Wigan?

Just wondering!

Yes I noticed that. Football definitely coming second!

On 04/09/2022 at 13:10, JHRover said:

I think we will get bullied here. Bad memories of January.

They've had a decent start to the season - only one defeat - but yet to win at home. 

It matters not what form we are in, who we have available or their form as no matter what we tend to struggle there.

January was down to the fact Mowbray threw that game, he wasn’t interested, when Ayala nutted in what could and should have been a late equaliser the players hardly reacted in relief and joy, Ayala had a face on like wtf have I done so it was clear Mowbray sent that team out not to bother, he just fielded a strong looking team so nobody could question it but his mistake in that is not realising it’s about the effort and enthusiasm plus mentality towards the cup games that counts regardless of if it’s a strong 11 or not, jdt has proven that winning two cup games already with a second string that Mowbray would have lost 

• Moderation Lead
21 hours ago, R0verb0y said:

Is it a mark of how, erm, "unpredictable" our season's been so far; or that there's no midweek game; that all the recent posts have been about where to drink in Wigan?

Just wondering!

People will need a bev to numb the pain of us getting slapped yet again in Wigan would be my guess….

• Like 1

The big question is which Rovers will turn up? The four games we have won have been deserved and we showed some really good attributes in these wins. Intensity, pace, quick ball movement and tactics that were really suited to us getting a result. The four we have lost were almost polar opposites and we fully deserved nothing from these games. Hopefully Tomasson has learnt that the Championship is a league where you need to be at it all the time and first and foremost we should be aiming for a clean sheet in every game. The rest will take care of itself.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Oh, please! Enough of these dentistry puns, it was bad enough in the transfer thread. I'm sick to the back teeth of them!😜

Shut your mouth!

Ok. Now, open wide, please 🙂

And unlike last season, or any of the last umpteen years since we cleaned the pie eaters out, no rinse and repeat.

Were getting mullered in CM at the moment. Two small, young lads with decent technique but no physicality isnt a championship CM. Need to get back to being solid and nick a goal on the counter like the start of the season. 

No idea what Mola is like but hopefully he can add some strenght and steel in there.

Kaminski

Carter Hyam Wharton Edun

Travis  Mola Dack

Hedges   Hirst  BBD

32 minutes ago, benhben said:

Were getting mullered in CM at the moment. Two small, young lads with decent technique but no physicality isnt a championship CM. Need to get back to being solid and nick a goal on the counter like the start of the season. 

No idea what Mola is like but hopefully he can add some strenght and steel in there.

Kaminski

Carter Hyam Wharton Edun

Travis  Mola Dack

Hedges   Hirst  BBD

A bit unfair on Adam Wharton that, I think he showed good physicality in the first 1 and a half games he played, but looked knackered in the last game. He's had a week to recover so hopefully the first two games he played in are the true indicator of how he is.

I'm not saying I'd definitely stick him straight back into the team but against Blackpool he was covering both flanks, the middle, putting in decent passes and getting forward.

A Wharton and Travis may be a good pairing.

• Like 4

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/21224014.blackburn-rovers-injury-latest-ahead-wigan-athletic-trip/

Doesn't sound overly confident regarding Ayala or Wharton. If Ayala is ever a doubt, safe to say he won't play.

Surely stick in Mola, he is a new signing earmarked for that position. Would raise questions over the signing if we left him out assuming Ayala and Wharton don't play. If Travis is at right back, we may aswell not bother.