BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (a) - 17/9/22

8 hours ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Same team as Watford please. Brittain might be in the squad but Id be surprised if he was thrown straight back in from the start.

We'll need that same back 3 if we are to keep Luton's forwards quiet, especially as the midfield battle to be very tough, probably tougher than Watford given Luton haven't won at home yet and they'll be desperate to change that.

Let's hope the team goes into it full of confidence and not the slow and tentative approach that we've seen in other games. Rovers really have been a Jekyll and Hyde so far this season.

I'll go for a 1-1 draw. Rovers to score first, and we'll probably be hanging on a bit by the end but we have to draw at some point...right!?

I totally agree with that analysis, up to the final paragraph. For some reason, I just reckon that Tuesday night's result will have given the team confidence to take the Luton bully boys on and think - hope? pray? - we'll win by the odd goal in 3.

29 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Fine with Wharton getting 90mins bossing an under 21 game.

Can't see the point tbh, other than in the hope the U21s finally win a game from it. Plenty good enough to be getting time in our first team, and I should think he will be fresher than Morton as he didn't play Wednesday.

23 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Can't see the point tbh, other than in the hope the U21s finally win a game from it. Plenty good enough to be getting time in our first team, and I should think he will be fresher than Morton as he didn't play Wednesday.

Exactly. Our U21’s need points. I would hate to see them get relegated from PL2. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Exactly. Our U21’s need points. I would hate to see them get relegated from PL2. 

So would I. But I'll take 3 points at senior level over 3 points at U21 level every day. The real solution would be to have U21 games after senior games (when feasible) as I've said before. Then anyone who didn't get enough minutes on the Saturday can play for the U21s the next day, keeping them match sharp and improving the U21s chances.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Aqualung said:

He's a IFK Gothenburg supporter and absolutely loves English football. Plus he's bringing the beers. 

His jinxing us has to end soon. 

Go round to his. That way you bring your mysterious powers across the threshold and banish the hoodoo.

We should have a thread for matchday rituals and irrational beliefs (I'd be telling the story of the Sarsaparilla tablets from holly tree shops and their legendary goal attracting powers)....(cost me a tooth in the 1990s!)

I wonder what side of the bed the squad is getting out of this morning 🙂

COYB!

The last time I was in Luton, was to catch a flight to Eindhoven to see England lose a 2 goal lead, to a Luis Figo inspired Portugal side, in Euro 2000, we lost 3-2......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMn7I3rImWk

Hoping for a better result today, but still bearing the scars from Reading and Sheff Utd away, I'd take a point now.

1-1

Safe trip everyone.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

So would I. But I'll take 3 points at senior level over 3 points at U21 level every day. The real solution would be to have U21 games after senior games (when feasible) as I've said before. Then anyone who didn't get enough minutes on the Saturday can play for the U21s the next day, keeping them match sharp and improving the U21s chances.

The two scenarios aren’t mutually exclusive. I think the focus is on the individuals and the improved options we have on the bench.

So, Wharton and Phillips get 90 mins of football vs none or a 20 minute cameo and the first team gains Brittain and Szmodics, two experienced first team players who will be glad of a 20 minute cameo…

win - win 👍🏼

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Luton yesterday made 200 tickets available in the Oak End which is split roughly 50/50 between home and away fans. That indicates to me that we haven't sold out from an allocation of just over 1000.

To me that would be indicative of the poor sales system the Rovers employ.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, rigger said:

To me that would be indicative of the poor sales system the Rovers employ.

Or it could indicate that thousands of Rovers fans have gone to that there Lunnun to pay their "respects" to Her Maj, a well known Rovers supporter

Or more likely they haven't