BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (a) - 17/9/22

• Moderation Lead
12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Or people can't afford the total cost of the day which would 80 pounds plus or can't make due to number of factors like working or family reasons or personal reasons 

£80 plus a lot more! Ticket and travel would probably be not far off that, then, you’ve got food and drink to think of….

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

£80 plus a lot more! Ticket and travel would probably be not far off that, then, you’ve got food and drink to think of….

Ticket were 27 pounds. Then it would cost around 40 to 50 pounds in fuel(me and my best Friend I go would split that cost), then cost of breakfast, lunch and tea.

I won't go down on Train or coach

They only put tickets on open sale in midweek after about four stages of qualification. So you imagine a fair few south east based fans who may have gone had made other plans by then. If it had been a standard sales criteria with open sale a week/10 days ago it would’ve pretty much sold out.

The club really doesn’t understand fandom and what drives interest in certain away games at all. It sold out quickly last season because we were second in the league as we approached February and hadn’t played a league game there (in front of fans) for 40 years, so big demand. Of course it wasn’t going to be anything like the same clamour this time.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Gav said:

The last time I was in Luton, was to catch a flight to Eindhoven to see England lose a 2 goal lead, to a Luis Figo inspired Portugal side, in Euro 2000, we lost 3-2......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMn7I3rImWk

Hoping for a better result today, but still bearing the scars from Reading and Sheff Utd away, I'd take a point now.

1-1

Safe trip everyone.

Yes  remember.  We were 2 up after about 15 minutes.  Scholes and mcmanaman. Keegan was useless. I know I'm off topic

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rigger said:

To me that would be indicative of the poor sales system the Rovers employ.

If there were enough people who wanted to go, they’d have got tickets. Not saying Rovers couldn’t do things better but I don’t believe that 100s of fans didn’t bother because of the sales system.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

If there were enough people who wanted to go, they’d have got tickets. Not saying Rovers couldn’t do things better but I don’t believe that 100s of fans didn’t bother because of the sales system.

Because tickets where not on open sale until this week, I could not commit to going. I bet there are a few in that position.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

They only put tickets on open sale in midweek after about four stages of qualification. So you imagine a fair few south east based fans who may have gone had made other plans by then. If it had been a standard sales criteria with open sale a week/10 days ago it would’ve pretty much sold out.

The club really doesn’t understand fandom and what drives interest in certain away games at all. It sold out quickly last season because we were second in the league as we approached February and hadn’t played a league game there (in front of fans) for 40 years, so big demand. Of course it wasn’t going to be anything like the same clamour this time.

They don't understand much about running any kind of business to be fair.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, rigger said:

Because tickets where not on open sale until this week, I could not commit to going. I bet there are a few in that position.

In true rigger style:

“Repeating the same line over and over again doesn’t make it true”

Edited by Gav

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

The two scenarios aren’t mutually exclusive. I think the focus is on the individuals and the improved options we have on the bench.

So, Wharton and Phillips get 90 mins of football vs none or a 20 minute cameo and the first team gains Brittain and Szmodics, two experienced first team players who will be glad of a 20 minute cameo…

win - win 👍🏼

Not sure you understood my post. My scenario was the one in which game time in both teams wasn't mutually exclusive.

Tells you a lot that there are only 5 pages of interest in this game, 2 hours or so before kick off 😉

I'd like to see a full on combative and skills-led approach to the game by JDT and the team.

Whether the Luton bully boys will allow that, remains to be seen. 

COYB!

I remember when we played Luton on the last day of "lockdown" season and they had to win to stay up. I was okay with that as I didn't know enough about "little old Luton".

Well since that game I've just started to more and more despise them, their Gollum manager especially. If there was ever an away game I'd love us to stuff a team by 4 or 5, his team would be it.

Can't see it, a win would be fantastic given the venue and an opposition tactics/mentality we always struggle against, a draw would be the minimum here. A crap loss wouldn't shock me.

£10 on Luton.

28 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Tells you a lot that there are only 5 pages of interest in this game, 2 hours or so before kick off 😉

To be honest, traffic across the board is down and I'm not just talking about BRFCS, all sites I monitor have seen a drop in traffic and engagement over the past week and I can only put that down to current events.

Also, as a kicker for BRFCS the period after the transfer window closes is always a bit quieter too.

Just been to pick up my DJ stuff from the Gables in Leyland & the pub was packed with Sheff Utd fans on their way to Nobbers. Really pissed me off when they started singing about Adel Whatshisname for some reason.

Anyway, really hope we give these lot a bloody nose today. Hate their manager & his shithouse tactics. Don't think we'll quite do that. First draw of the season, 2-2. Ayala & Diaz for us.