BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

1960s Retro Rovers Shirts - JUST TWO LEFT

12 hours ago, bazza said:

I wish I had ordered one or two of these retro long-sleeved shirts. I say two because my grandson would love one as well. Hope we can order again soon, Herbie, hey?

We plan to do another run in the New Year at some point - ideally including a short-sleeved version ready for summer holidays.

Keep an eye on this thread 😉

2DF25106-3B9E-4812-B3FD-CE235A472783.jpeg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

We plan to do another run in the New Year at some point - ideally including a short-sleeved version ready for summer holidays.

Keep an eye on this thread 😉

2DF25106-3B9E-4812-B3FD-CE235A472783.jpeg

That’s a great shirt. I might be tempted to buy one in the summer. If not for myself but for my grandson. He’s only 16 but he’d need the Coddington or Mulvaney size.
Then you see the date on the photo 1969-70 season. Fifty odd years ago ! Where did the time go. Several of those players are no longer with us unfortunately. John Barton looking a fine figure of an athlete on the end. Did goalies actually train back in those days ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That’s a great shirt. I might be tempted to buy one in the summer. If not for myself but for my grandson. He’s only 16 but he’d need the Coddington or Mulvaney size.
Then you see the date on the photo 1969-70 season. Fifty odd years ago ! Where did the time go. Several of those players are no longer with us unfortunately. John Barton looking a fine figure of an athlete on the end. Did goalies actually train back in those days ?

John Barton used to give this portly kid the inspiration that he could perhaps one day become a professional footballer 😆

• Like 4

On 03/12/2022 at 08:38, Herbie6590 said:

Photos of them worn in the wild would be great 🙏🏻 😀

Son loves it, but he needs a size smaller, this ones for my dad at Christmas 👍

D6D981A3-0DDD-48DB-91A4-6EE45BB4B53A.thumb.jpeg.b66223ef341bd90aeaf242eb412349e4.jpeg

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, blackburn bhoy said:

Wish I ordered now during the original run of these,I always ask my dad if he would give me his 1960s rovers shirt but he won’t part with it so I will need to wait till the re-run of these come out 

Given the interest on here we'll definitely look to do another run...👍

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Brilliant...thank you 😃

Just for clarity in case anyone is wondering...the blue is DEFINITELY on the left on the front... 😉

Yes it certainly is. I did the pic by putting a background on MS Teams then screenshotting it - I mirrored the background so that looked right but didn't think about Teams also mirroring me & the shirt - it looked fine to me as that's how I see it when I look in the mirror! 😆

For those also wondering, my left eye is on the other side of my face as well! 😂

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 4

My shirt arrived earlier and many thanks to Ian and anyone else who was involved in the procurement of these. When I opened the package my mind went back to a day around sixty years ago. A bus ride from Shadsworth into town, a walk from the Boulevard, through Thwaites Arcade and into Johnny Forbes shop. My mother spent some of her hard earned money to buy me a Rovers kit, almost identical to the one I got today. I couldn't wait to get home, get changed and go and play football on the pitch at Shadsworth Junior School. I felt a million dollars and from that time I was hooked.

Thanks again to all involved.

If I knew how to post a picture of it I would do it. 😂😂

• Like 6

• Backroom
17 hours ago, arbitro said:

My shirt arrived earlier and many thanks to Ian and anyone else who was involved in the procurement of these. When I opened the package my mind went back to a day around sixty years ago. A bus ride from Shadsworth into town, a walk from the Boulevard, through Thwaites Arcade and into Johnny Forbes shop. My mother spent some of her hard earned money to buy me a Rovers kit, almost identical to the one I got today. I couldn't wait to get home, get changed and go and play football on the pitch at Shadsworth Junior School. I felt a million dollars and from that time I was hooked.

I can post on your behalf if you send me onf via WhatsApp?

• Like 2

• Backroom
21 hours ago, arbitro said:

IMG-20221209-WA0000.thumb.jpg.a7f73a74938575476ab195f13afc0669.jpg

• Like 2

On 08/12/2022 at 14:02, arbitro said:

Thanks Tony…our pleasure 💙🤍

• Like 3

• Herbie6590 changed the title to 1960s Retro Rovers Shirts - they are here

Does anyone know where I can find a color photo of a player with a number on the back?  I'm an American and my local team (Rochester Rhinos) previously had Laurie Calloway as a coach.  He played for Blackburn and wore this shirt, and I would love to put his number on my shirt when it arrives.