BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

1960s Retro Rovers Shirts - JUST TWO LEFT

4 hours ago, SanDimas1988 said:

According to Mike Jackman’s book, Douglas wore 8 on 9/5/54.
Then the next season he wore 7, 8, 10, and 11. 
Then 3 complete seasons at 7. 

1960-64 was a combo of 7, 8, 10, and 11. 
1964-66 was almost exclusively 10

The point being is Dougie was wearing the No10 shirt most of time when we were wearing the shirt in question.

• Like 1

On 19/12/2022 at 08:53, arbitro said:

I noticed that several fans who bought them wore them on Saturday. I wore mine for the first time albeit under a jumper so being superstitious it has been washed, will be ironed and ready for Wednesday. If we beat Forest rinse and repeat for Boxing Day. Hopefully it will be worn out by the time the next batch are available 😂😂.

Stupid shirt 😙😉😉😂😂😂

• Like 5

I had all sorts of superstitions in my playing days. I remember having a hot bath just before a game and playing great. So I did that until I had a shocker ! Having a pint before the game. That didn’t last too long. Spending half an hour warming up. Again it worked for a few games until the inevitable poor game. Loads of other involving “ lucky  boots laces “ etc.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I had all sorts of superstitions in my playing days. I remember having a hot bath just before a game and playing great. So I did that until I had a shocker ! Having a pint before the game. That didn’t last too long. Spending half an hour warming up. Again it worked for a few games until the inevitable poor game. Loads of other involving “ lucky  boots laces “ etc.

I had a pair of lucky underpants for match day only and I always out my shorts on last. I remember reading a player profile in Shoot magazine years ago and he was asked about any match day superstitions he had. He replied that he always put his socks on before his boots 😁😁.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I had a pair of lucky underpants for match day only and I always out my shorts on last. I remember reading a player profile in Shoot magazine years ago and he was asked about any match day superstitions he had. He replied that he always put his socks on before his boots 😁😁.

I still have a pair of “ lucky socks “ . Unfortunately I only wear them now for hospital appointments ! They’ve worked so far.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

My shirt arrived today as well as a load of other goodies.

Thanks so much to everybody who made this happen. I am looking forward to the short sleeve and short shorts next time around.

@Tyrone Shoelacesspeaking  of hospitals, I am currently waiting in a&e as I suspect I may have broken my ribs.

Oh dear, I hope you’re not waiting too long.

A team mate always wore his wife’s knickers to play football in which we all thought was a bit odd even 50 years ago. My pre match routine before Saturday games was always bacon and egg lunch - win or lose I didn’t change it. I alternated between 7 10 and 11 in my playing days. 11 was the favourite and seemed to win more than if lost

• Like 1

BREAKING RETRO SHIRT NEWS

After reconciling the stock, we have 2 x XL (44”) &  1 x 2XL (46”) left over.

If anyone would like to secure these last shirts (of this run) then please PM me on here & I will advise of the process (I’m making it sound overly mysterious but it will involve a direct transfer to our bank account & sharing delivery address basically…😉).

FIRST COME FIRST SERVED - book early to avoid disappointment etc…

Price is £30 including UK postage BTW (postage is more to an overseas address…)

We will be in touch with Ribero in the New Year to confirm pricing/production schedule of a further run which we hope will include a short-sleeved version as well…💙🤍

Keep an eye on this thread for further details of that in due course…👍🏻

FAFC985A-3EB7-4492-BFB9-EC11E521E651.jpeg

2FD90594-41DB-458B-B1D2-5B64382A9026.jpeg

• Like 1

• Herbie6590 changed the title to 1960s Retro Rovers Shirts - 3 more for sale…
  • Herbie6590 changed the title to 1960s Retro Rovers Shirts - JUST TWO LEFT

I can only apologise, due to travelling and other commitments since the successful debut of the shirt I haven’t worn it since as wasn’t able to watch the games. 

That will be corrected this evening as I’m home and the shirt is with me so will be at Ewood, specifically my old stomping ground of the Blackburn End, this evening to help get us back to winning ways. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Short sleeves being investigated…short shorts…not yet but….😆

I see the current England woman's team wear shorter shorts. Back in the day when shorts were really short I remember seeing Glen Hoddle wearing his shirt outside his shorts and you couldn’t see his shorts at all.

I suppose the clue is in the name - shorts.

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I see the current England woman's team wear shorter shorts. Back in the day when shorts were really short I remember seeing Glen Hoddle wearing his shirt outside his shorts and you couldn’t see his shorts at all.

I suppose the clue is in the name - shorts.

Shorts…

https://youtu.be/lpuJBtcMMp8?t=30

• Like 1