BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) 01/10/2022

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why that? He is shaping the squad into how he wants to play and anyone who won't fit that model will be gone. 

Because the players we have don’t fit that model. And players who do fit that model will be difficult to find as they will cost a lot of money and be sought after. 

Im not talking about his game plan in general. Just the decision to want to play everything out in short balls from the back. I reckon it’ll shoot us in the foot shortly, and then we will see him eventually start to tell them clear it from the back a bit more direct more often.
Another thing that worries me a little bit of whether he will be prepared to mix it up with a plan B if plan A is not working. Luton and Bristol City games suggest not.

Edited by Hasta

8 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Because the players we have don’t fit that model. And players who do fit that model will be difficult to find as they will cost a lot of money and be sought after. 

Im not talking about his game plan in general. Just the decision to want to play everything out in short balls from the back. I reckon it’ll shoot us in the foot shortly, and then we will see him eventually start to tell them clear it from the back a bit more direct more often.
Another thing that worries me a little bit of whether he will be prepared to mix it up with a plan B if plan A is not working. Luton and Bristol City games suggest not.

That why players like Hyam and Morton to help us play that way. Plus the players are training to play this way but this will take time and given the lack of training that can happen with world cup disrupting the England football calendar this is why he has highlighted the 5 weeks gap being important for the team. Being 6th after 11 games is what I thought it would plan out with new footballing structure with new DoF and head coach plus a new way of playing and tactics I was thinking mid table at best.  

on the plan B I would suggest that would be 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 formation. 

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

The way I'd sum us up now is if we can sort out the final pass we should make playoffs. Reckon we'll do it. Just need to get Dack/Buckley/Adam Wharton into the midfield and make it work.

Were not in a false position, we've played some good teams. Just need to keep refining. Winning games while not playing particularly well is a good sign, not a bad one. Shows we've got more to come.

I agree we have beaten one ore two teams that are expected to be in the play offs. If we can get Bradley Dack back to the player he used to be, we will be a force to be reckoned with.

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

And in my opinion that is why he will fail.

What would be your definition of failure? Personally, I can’t believe this ambitious over-achiever came to Blackburn Rovers to try and scrape Mowbray’s legacy squad into the Prem this season only to lose 0-8 every week next season. I think he came because he has been promised time, money and a fantastic crop of youngsters coming through to implement the way of playing he believes in. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That why players like Hyam and Morton to help us play that way. Plus the players are training to play this way but this will take time and given the lack of training that can happen with world cup disrupting the England football calendar this is why he has highlighted the 5 weeks gap being important for the team. Being 6th after 11 games is what I thought it would plan out with new footballing structure with new DoF and head coach plus a new way of playing and tactics I was thinking mid table at best.  

on the plan B I would suggest that would be 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 formation. 

Very perceptive @chaddyrovers

Where do you see us being after 22 games, 33 games and finally the end of the season?

Would also appreciate 6 numbers for Wednesday night's lottery!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

What would be your definition of failure? Personally, I can’t believe this ambitious over-achiever came to Blackburn Rovers to try and scrape Mowbray’s legacy squad into the Prem this season only to lose 0-8 every week next season. I think he came because he has been promised time, money and a fantastic crop of youngsters coming through to implement the way of playing he believes in. 

I sincerely hope you are right. If you are it could be good days ahead.

48 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

What would be your definition of failure? 

I’d probably put it as failing to get in the top 6 in the next 3 seasons. Or being seriously in a relegation battle in any of those seasons.

Edited by Hasta

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Very perceptive @chaddyrovers

Where do you see us being after 22 games, 33 games and finally the end of the season?

Would also appreciate 6 numbers for Wednesday night's lottery!

top 10 all season. 

I would have thoughts with all those millions in the bank you would be racking it in. I don't do the lottery anymore. waste of time. 

3 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

I agree we have beaten one ore two teams that are expected to be in the play offs. If we can get Bradley Dack back to the player he used to be, we will be a force to be reckoned with.

Does the new coach rate him? I'd have him at least on the bench every game if fit.. One slide rule pass late on can determine the result but he doesn't even get that opportunity.

• Like 1