BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) 01/10/2022

On 24/09/2022 at 12:38, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Going to this with a colleague from Chile - would be a good time for BBD to break his goal drought, perhaps with one of those curling efforts from outside the box nestling sweetly in the top corner, eh?

Agree it would be great for your colleague to see that, but, goal drought? He's gone two games without scoring and has scored 4 in 10 games. I don't think that qualifies as a goal drought!

On 24/09/2022 at 14:37, WacoRover said:

BB-D needs to start increasing his goal tally, otherwise, we will be wishing we had the £12 mil offered. Sadly, another player we lose, without getting anything in return. 

I will go with SCW’s score; I will say Gally with the winner, 2-1, good guys. 

Again, 4 goals in 10 isn't bad, but we never had a £12 million offer. Broughton is on record recently saying that none of the offers reached 8 figures.

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Agree it would be great for your colleague to see that, but, goal drought? He's gone two games without scoring and has scored 4 in 10 games. I don't think that qualifies as a goal drought!

Again, 4 goals in 10 isn't bad, but we never had a £12 million offer. Broughton is on record recently saying that none of the offers reached 8 figures.

You are right, of course - I keep forgetting we aren't in Shearer territory, where we used to feel short changed if he hadn't netted for a full 90 minutes 🙂 I do live in hope that he (BBD) will put his foot through one of those curlers soon, and become the scourge of Championship defences the length and breadth of the land, but especially that living down the M65.

COYB!

COYBBD!

19 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

You are right, of course - I keep forgetting we aren't in Shearer territory, where we used to feel short changed if he hadn't netted for a full 90 minutes 🙂 I do live in hope that he (BBD) will put his foot through one of those curlers soon, and become the scourge of Championship defences the length and breadth of the land, but especially that living down the M65.

COYB!

COYBBD!

Careful now, Tony Mowbray will be quoting you as an example of Rovers fans thinking it's still 1995!

Shearer was something else. When he went one-on-one with the keeper you were almost already celebrating.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Careful now, Tony Mowbray will be quoting you as an example of Rovers fans thinking it's still 1995!

Shearer was something else. When he went one-on-one with the keeper you were almost already celebrating.

I was living in London during the 90s when Rovers were in their ascendancy and with Shearer in the side we did sometimes feel invincible. Incredible times and, ridiculously, I felt a flutter of that old invincibility for the first 3 games this season!! Lol! Then, of course, back down to earth with a big fat BUMP!

Anyway, the gurning chump can quote me all he likes. I want JDT to ram his inane mutterings squarely down his tombola tactical throat, when the Mackems come a calling to Ewood.

10 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

I

Anyway, the gurning chump can quote me all he likes. I want JDT to ram his inane mutterings squarely down his tombola tactical throat, when the Mackems come a calling to Ewood.

Why? What has Phil Jones got to do wuth anything? lol

19 hours ago, bluebruce said:

To many pessimists at Ewood BBD is class wont be long before he finds the net again. No player scores every game he's marked out of some games with the opposition who have done their homework on him. Thats when his team mates should help out and find the net. 3-0 Rovers.

5 hours ago, smiller14 said:

Can't see us winning this one - we seem to struggle particularly against well organised, physical teams (and have done for a while, but especially this year). Hopefully we find a way - type of win that would offer reassurance we are progressing. 

Not to mention how bad we are historically after an international break.

7 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

If we score first we'll win,if Millwall score first its 3 points for them.1-0 to whoever scores first

Yes, I think that is a fair assessment, as we seem to lack the guile to bounce back from setbacks in games.

So, for me the game plan has to be avoid conceding at all costs. That should  mean no fannying around trying to play the ball out through Ayala, but you know that is going to happen, and we will be caught out if Harry the Dog and his mates can string a few telling passes together in our final third.

The big prize here is 3 points. We need all three.

Optimism rears its head after the boring international break.

Millwall are no great shakes as 6 points from their last 5 games testifies.

Up and at 'em with an early Rovers' goal leading to a comfortable win.  At 11/8 for Rovers' win, there's good money to be made.