BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (a) 04/10/2022

We were dire at Luton and we were dire for most of the match yesterday so is there any reason to expect anything different at Cardiff?  The slow, laborious build-up and unnecessary passing from the back which has cost us so many goals is reminiscent of Mowbray and will lead in the end to the same results

Cardiff 3 Rovers 0

And that's being optimistic

8 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Midweek away at Cardiff is a bit of a shiiter if you're travelling down but I suppose that is what you get when you have a World Cup in the middle of the season. 

I'm optimistically going for a solid 3-0 win for the mighty Rovers.

What say you BRFCS?

I was going by train and coming back on Wednesday, but the strike has put the kibosh on that.

4 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

We were dire at Luton and we were dire for most of the match yesterday so is there any reason to expect anything different at Cardiff?  The slow, laborious build-up and unnecessary passing from the back which has cost us so many goals is reminiscent of Mowbray and will lead in the end to the same results

Cardiff 3 Rovers 0

Nothing about this post is optimistic.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Cardiff 3 Rovers 0

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but to me this is just unnecessarily pessimistic. I'm not saying you won't be right as any result is possible, but going into games with this kind of attitude is crazy.

I guess some people just like to focus on & magnify the negatives, whilst overlooking the positives and therefore have a skewed view that is out of context with reality.

Another way of looking at it is that we've won 6 matches to Cardiff's 3, having lost the same number of games, & start the game in 6th compared to their 18th. But I'm not using those few cherry-picked stats to support a pessimistic 3-0 away win, because reality is far more nuanced than that.

I agree with a post above that this looks likely to be our first draw. A defeat would be disappointing but not disastrous, a win would be excellent. 

• Like 3

Got the feeling that we might just click into gear on  Tuesday, and it seems strange saying it from our  position in the table, looking at it, you'd think we already had. 

I don't really like predicting Rovers to win, but I can just imagine us having too much for them on the break, 0-2.

I genuinely have no idea. I was concerned about Saturday's match and didn't see us winning, so happy to see us win (despite it not being a vintage performance).

Cardiff are a funny side. Looked good at times under Morison, consensus seems to be he deserved more time. There doesn't appear to be any imminent plans to replace him either. They seemed to give the Dingles a good game on the weekend, but this one should be there for the taking really if (and that's a big 'if') we turn up.

I predict a dour 1-1 draw to break the run of no draws but to reinforce the infuriating inconsistency we demonstrate.

As a Cardiff resident I'll be there, feel free to give me a message if you want pub recommendations. As a quick rule of thumb, I'd avoid pubs in the vicinity of the ground - Canton can be quite rough, and the non-rough pubs in Leckwith aren't the best. City centre is your best bet - can then get a taxi to the ground or a train to Grangetown/Ninian Park - or it's a 30-40 mins walk. 

• Like 1