BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (a) 04/10/2022

2 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Not convinced about changing the back 4 / 5.... thats the one thing that should be a constant in my opinion.. at least pre game

If I was going to rest a centre back it would be Ayala not Wharton. Another change in the way we’re playing. If we get a result I’ll hold my hand up. If we lose I’ll not be a happy guy with that team.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Overall I won't be surprised if we capitulate, but of course I'd be delighted if we were to grind out a better result than the six fingered brigade did at the weekend. That is our benchmark - go one better than Burnleh, wherever they've been - because if we can do that, we will finish above the knuckle dragging scunge at the end of the campaign 🙂 Simples!

I'd rather finish behind Burnley in 2nd than ahead of them in 7th.

• Like 1

Just now, davulsukur said:

Big games needed from Buckley and Szmodics, neither have done a great deal in their appearances this season so far.

I still have total confidence that Buckley will kick on and be excellent for us medium term, but there's no doubt that he's taken a step back after a couple of great strides forward last year.

Hopefully tonight he really turns it around. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I still have total confidence that Buckley will kick on and be excellent for us medium term, but there's no doubt that he's taken a step back after a couple of great strides forward last year.

Hopefully tonight he really turns it around. 

There is a player in there for sure.

Yep, lets hope he has a blinder.

16 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we`ve now got the numbers so a bit of rotation is welcomed,i hope jdt has given buckley a rocket "go missing tonight and you can **** off to the u23`s next week,it`s up to you" has phillips upset our manager,he`s not been in the reckoning for the last month??

Phillips has signed his contract, so he won't be seen unless there are injuries or suspension. Although Phillips is undoubtedly one for the future. The present is Ayala, Hyam, Wharton and Carter. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Really odd that we've gone 4231 again off the back of a win. Also Scott Wharton is our best distributor from the back.

Maybe it's fitness related?

Or maybe the formation change is due to us facing a tough away fixture, and JDT thinks a central defensive pairing of Hyam and Ayala is the best option.