BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham United (h) 08/10/2022

15 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Waggott would never change pricing strategies based on what one individual fan says in an informal chat over a cup of tea and a few biscuits. That has been proven across his tenure, if indeed he even has final say. He clearly just trots out business talk.

Maybe people have to understand his point of view, but have you ever tried contact Steve Waggott or Lynsey Talbot to discuss your thoughts over ST prices or match day prices instead of posting on here. 

Steve Waggott is very open and will answer questions. I had a glass of cold water when I had my meeting with him. 

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

No point, he’d only end up throwing his wide ranging agenda in the bin after a couple of sips of Swag’s special tea, just like that other fella did (you know the one that strutted about on here for a week beforehand)…

Having a dig at me Matty there? 

I would say instead of keep mentioning and posting on here like you do Matty, actually contact the people in charge at Rovers and put your thoughts and ideas over to them 

6 hours ago, Mercer said:

If Waggott wants to utilise my expertise then he'll need to pay the going rate!

what's the going rate? glass of wine or good tip at betting? 🤔

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

what's the going rate? glass of wine or good tip at betting? 🤔

I don't come cheap!

Scaled right back now and just do a bit here and there and it has to be something I really fancy.

A case of fine reds is usually the 'tip' (on top of my invoice) from satisfied clients.

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I don't come cheap!

Scaled right back now and just do a bit here and there and it has to be something I really fancy.

A case of fine reds is usually the 'tip' (on top of my invoice) from satisfied clients.

well out my price range Mercer

22 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Being lectured at by the fella that literally put his much vaunted ideas back in his pocket as soon as Swag poured him a brew  glass of cold water. 🙄

I’ll wait until we have a CEO that wants to listen.

You can't resist keeping the dig coming can you Matty. At least I did make the effort and got a meeting and put my opinions to him. Instead, you just make unnecessary digs at people who actually do something instead of just posting them on a messageboard. 

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not worth the time of day. Tells you what you want to hear without making any actual changes.

So no effort to even engage with the club with your opinions but complains about the club and other things on here

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well out my price range Mercer

You can't resist keeping the dig coming can you Matty. At least I did make the effort and got a meeting and put my opinions to him. Instead, you just make unnecessary digs at people who actually do something instead of just posting them on a messageboard. 

So no effort to even engage with the club with your opinions but complains about the club and other things on here

Out of interest, what changes have been made as a result of what you said to Waggott?

I didn't realise that we are only allowed to complain about things once we have taken the time out to have a meeting with him.

You had an agreeable chinwag with the CEO as he gave you some insights into the club, and that’s perfectly fine, I’m sure you learnt some interesting stuff.

However, on you own admission you did not ‘put your opinions’ to him at all on all the potential initiatives you wanted him to pursue (and went on about all week before you went), I.e on ticketing.

So you undertook no ‘effort’ to help improve the club, it was just an enjoyable afternoon of gossip with a gregarious club bigwig. So stop with the martyr routine.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Out of interest, what changes have been made as a result of what you said to Waggott?

I didn't realise that we are only allowed to complain about things once we have taken the time out to have a meeting with him.

The meetings wasn't changing anything specific without but answers to the question I've posed. 

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

You had an agreeable chinwag with the CEO as he gave you some insights into the club, and that’s perfectly fine, I’m sure you learnt some interesting stuff.

However, on you own admission you did not ‘put your opinions’ to him at all on all the potential initiatives you wanted him to pursue (and went on about all week before you went), I.e on ticketing.

So you undertook no ‘effort’ to help improve the club, it was just an enjoyable afternoon of gossip with a gregarious club bigwig. So stop with the martyr routine.

I did find out some very interesting things. I did put my opinions to him. No I didn't put my ideas on ST or tickets prices to him as that wasn't part of why I emailed the club in the first place. I stay focus on the subjects that I wrote in my email. Maybe if I have another meeting with him I will raise with him