BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham United (h) 08/10/2022

5 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Tbh I think if the Rotherham manager looks back over the last few games he will have a tough job guessing how we will setup.

I know Im not a football manager, and there's probably loads more to it than I think, but to sort us out seems pretty simple...

-We should play three at the back so if we are trying to pass it around we have options, and so the wing backs can push right up, and so we are defensively solid.

-We should stop passing the ball around our six yard box. It's incredibly dangerous and creates absolutely nothing for us.

-We should play three in midfield so we don't get outmatched in the middle, can retain the ball, and can pick up positions in the number 10 role to slide it though to the fowrads.

-We should play two up front as we don't get the ball enough into three anyway and need more bodies in midfield and defence. Two feeding off through balls from midfield and crosses from wing backs is enough.

It seems pretty obvious to me and thought that was where we were headed until the team came out last night.

-

give this man a job on the coaching staff, agree with every word!

• Like 1

Need to stick with 3 at the back. Zero chance of this team but I'd fancy their chances.

Kaminski

Carter    Hyam    S Warton

Hedges                                          Pickering

Morton A Warton

Gallagher Dack Breton

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah we’re back where  Mowbray left us. Nobody, including the manager, knows what our best team is. 10 blokes could post a team on here and every team could be different and all 10 could be wrong on Saturday. 

The best team idea is out of date for me and its a squad game now where you rotation and play players depending on how you want to play. I bet we would pick different Manchester City starting 11 if we had to choose

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The best team idea is out of date for me and its a squad game now where you rotation and play players depending on how you want to play. I bet we would pick different Manchester City starting 11 if we had to choose

I’m talking about knowing what your best team will be to play Rotherham on Saturday.

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yeah - but they would know what system to play and that system will work? 

We don't know what our system is and if it will work... Being ultra flexible with the approach is premised with being solid in your base setup.

KaminskI.              

Brittain.  Hyam.  Wharton.Pickering

Travis.      Wharton

Hedges.        Dack.            Brereton

Gallagher 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Dack has to start and we have to go back to basics 2-0 Rovers

Its a must imo that Dack plays from the start and not brought on mid second half or wasted on the bench. 

Ok he's been injured but if fit for the bench every week he must be fit to start games. Give him the chance to contribute with his game thinking ability and skill that's been locked away.

Edited by Cherry Blue
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

KaminskI.              

Brittain.  Hyam.  Wharton.Pickering

Travis.      Wharton

Hedges.        Dack.            Brereton

Gallagher 

Love it (ayala in perhaps). But we'll never see it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Dack has to start and we have to go back to basics 2-0 Rovers

Agreed - even though he was quiet for a lot of the time he was on the pitch last night, he scored one (albeit disallowed) and had our next best chance, purely from being in the right positions.

Adam Wharton has to come back in as well. I felt last night was screaming for a player like AW.

And, to repeat literally every Rovers fan at the moment, stop pissing about with the ball at the back.

Edited by Andy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m talking about knowing what your best team will be to play Rotherham on Saturday.

JDT will pick the team you think will have the biggest impact on the game but as you have seen we all pick as our starting 11 and there is some difference in it

4 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah - but they would know what system to play and that system will work? 

We don't know what our system is and if it will work... Being ultra flexible with the approach is premised with being solid in your base setup.

Rovers playing squad can play either system of 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-3. All the players have played in either system

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

JDT will pick the team you think will have the biggest impact on the game but as you have seen we all pick as our starting 11 and there is some difference in it

Rovers playing squad can play either system of 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-3. All the players have played in either system

Yes, they can and have played both systems. Just not very well.

• Like 2

Rotherham on Saturday wont be easy but feckin hell, we should be on the front foot, in their faces and go on to win the game.

Would go with 4 at the back and there would be no places for Ayala, Travis (think he's vastly overrated)and Hirst (think he's just useless and at 24 the writing has to be on the wall. ) .

KaminskI / Brittain,  Hyam, S Wharton, Pickering / Morton, A Wharton / Hedges, Dack, Brereton / Gallagher     

Dack MUST start - quite simply you just know he will make things happen and he will get in the right places in the box to give himself an opportunity to notch.  As manager, I would be telling him he starts the next 5 games and needs to prove there is still something in his locker to offer.  It really is time to either sh1t or get off the pot.  The Dack question needs answering.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Rotherham on Saturday wont be easy but feckin hell, we should be on the front foot, in their faces and go on to win the game.

Would go with 4 at the back and there would be no places for Ayala, Travis (think he's vastly overrated)and Hirst (think he's just useless and at 24 the writing has to be on the wall. ) .

KaminskI / Brittain,  Hyam, S Wharton, Pickering / Morton, A Wharton / Hedges, Dack, Brereton / Gallagher     

Dack MUST start - quite simply you just know he will make things happen and he will get in the right places in the box to give himself an opportunity to notch.  As manager, I would be telling him he starts the next 5 games and needs to prove there is still something in his locker to offer.  It really is time to either sh1t or get off the pot.  The Dack question needs answering.

I think Dack should start as many games as possible between now and the world cup break. If he hasn't proved himself by then, I would look to get rid in January.

I think that I would go:

Kaminski

Brittain Ayala Wharton Pickering

Travis A Wharton

Markanday Dack Brereton

Gallagher

Dack has to play. It is a tight call between the 2 centre backs and Hyam but I think that those 2 shade it. We look light in midfield so Travis has to play and with neither Morton nor Buckley particularly impressing, it is time to put Adam Wharton in who has barely a kicked a ball after his man of the match display at Blackpool. Hedges is also unlucky to miss out, he has started the season well but I think he has to start offering a goal threat and id like to see Markanday.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Love it (ayala in perhaps). But we'll never see it 

Ayala or Wharton was my only dilemma and I just factored in the amount of game time Ayala has had, the change in weather and he’s made of glass which made me decide Wharton. I think the team picks itself for probably the first time this season

Edited by Oldgregg86

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think that I would go:

Kaminski

Brittain Ayala Wharton Pickering

Travis A Wharton

Markanday Dack Brereton

Gallagher

Dack has to play. It is a tight call between the 2 centre backs and Hyam but I think that those 2 shade it. We look light in midfield so Travis has to play and with neither Morton nor Buckley particularly impressing, it is time to put Adam Wharton in who has barely a kicked a ball after his man of the match display at Blackpool. Hedges is also unlucky to miss out, he has started the season well but I think he has to start offering a goal threat and id like to see Markanday.

I’d like to see Markanday even if it’s from the bench. He looked decent and very quick footed when he played pre season. Been really surprised by his omission. Haven’t seen the u23s so no idea if he merits a start based off those appearances but it is a strange one for him to be almost banished. 

• Like 4