BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham United (h) 08/10/2022

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If that guess is true then it would be a baffling decision to see Dack miss out to a number of inferior players.

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Brittain was very good signing and someone I wanted for the last 12 months at Rovers. Hyam has plenty of experience and can play in 4 or 5 we want to play. I want to more Szmodics and Hirst in the team cos so far, we only seen Szmodics has only played 7 games and 358 mins and Hirst 5 games with 150 mins, so I want to see them playing more and starting game. If they had played more and performed well it would have been good window based on performances. Mola will become more involved an that will start with him in the match day squad hopefully. 

I totally agree with you on this. I haven't been bored or the game has been dull so far. People need to understand that this is work in progress and he seems this passing style as the way forward for our club and to gained Success. 

Doubts and worries when we are 7th in the league and given the amount of changes to the playing staff and backroom staff plus a new footballing management structure then I think the season is going very well and better than I thought it would start under JDT. Plus its work in progress which takes time and that needs to be given

JDT wants them to play with more tempo and quicker but it's the players on the pitch during games that need to happen. He has said that more than once how he wants to play here. 

My point was one of surprise that you only described the window as "decent" based on the opinions you have previously stated and repeated here. Surely based on that analysis, a more suitable description on your part would be "incredible" or "outstanding" and at least 9 out of 10.

Maybe the players aren't capable of playing quick, passing football, that isnt what you grasp, instead patronising people into thinking that they "dont understand." Ayala, Travis, Gallagher, Brereton, Dolan, even Hyam, Szmodics and Hirst, are any of them technically stand out at this level? Some are very good at this level at other things but the question is, does our squad suit such a style? Patience implies that it definitely will happen in time.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

The comments from the official site are that the squad is smarting from the defeat at Cardiff. It should read that the squad are smarting from the unacceptably poor performance at Cardiff. And would like to apologize to the fans who paid good money to watch it.

It was a poor performance Tuesday night, you can understand the travelling supporters disappointment. Lets hope Rovers put things right tomorrow and show the supporters a decent performance.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If that guess is true then it would be a baffling decision to see Dack miss out to a number of inferior players.

Maybe Markanday will make the bench instead. I don't know but he is very keen on players getting plenty of minutes when it for first team, or under 21's level. 

My point was one of surprise that you only described the window as "decent" based on the opinions you have previously stated and repeated here. Surely based on that analysis, a more suitable description on your part would be "incredible" or "outstanding" and at least 9 out of 10.

I have explained to you why I put decent. 

Maybe the players aren't capable of playing quick, passing football, that isnt what you grasp, instead patronising people into thinking that they "dont understand." Ayala, Travis, Gallagher, Brereton, Dolan, even Hyam, Szmodics and Hirst, are any of them technically stand out at this level? Some are very good at this level at other things but the question is, does our squad suit such a style? Patience implies that it definitely will happen in time.

Or you allow him time to bring him that style by coaching the players and getting them used to what JDT wants with the ball and without. If you listen to the interview with Andy Bayes, Andy asked him about the passing style he wants to play. Also Rovers TV asked him about style and him needing time and patience to bring it in and fans having patience with him and the players

Do I agree with JDT potentially leaving Dack out the squad tomorrow and him going to play for the 21s? Not particularly no and I don’t think Dack is going to like it one bit, part of me does respect JDT for doing it though.

If we don’t get 3 points tomorrow it will be an easy stick to beat him with and I respect him for having the balls to take a risk like that, doesn’t seem like these lads are getting an easy ride anymore like they have for the last few years, if you’re not in the squad you’re playing for the U23s and if you don’t like it then cya 👍🏻

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe Markanday will make the bench instead. I don't know but he is very keen on players getting plenty of minutes when it for first team, or under 21's level. 

I have explained to you why I put decent. 

Or you allow him time to bring him that style by coaching the players and getting them used to what JDT wants with the ball and without. If you listen to the interview with Andy Bayes, Andy asked him about the passing style he wants to play. Also Rovers TV asked him about style and him needing time and patience to bring it in and fans having patience with him and the players

Anybody else watch the England womens game tonight ? They’ve got the “ Dutch disease “ as well. They got in lots of trouble passing it around at the back. The USA goal came directly from an attempt by one of the centre halves to pass the ball out.

What really annoys me is when an outfield player has the chance to play it long and then chooses to give it to the goalkeeper to clear. There’s a reason one of them is an outfield player and the other is the goalkeeper.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Butty said:

Do I agree with JDT potentially leaving Dack out the squad tomorrow and him going to play for the 21s? Not particularly no and I don’t think Dack is going to like it one bit, part of me does respect JDT for doing it though.

If we don’t get 3 points tomorrow it will be an easy stick to beat him with and I respect him for having the balls to take a risk like that, doesn’t seem like these lads are getting an easy ride anymore like they have for the last few years, if you’re not in the squad you’re playing for the U23s and if you don’t like it then cya 👍🏻

For me Dack hasn't shown that he has recovered from his injuries. If he is not good enough for the first team, I would give him a chance  with the U21s to prove himself. If he is not good enough to do that, then get rid.

I don't think Dack has had a fair crack of the whip to prove his fitness.

I have no evidence at all but I do wonder whether he is purposefully frozen out. He will be one of, if not the highest earner. Perhaps he's not in the long term plans at all and they are hoping for him to put in a transfer request in Jan.

• Like 1

Dack may not be able to press like Dolan. And obviously that doesn't fit into the JDT philosophy. But he's the most intelligent player in our squad. Every time he's on the pitch he gets himself into dangerous positions. I agree he's not been given a fair crack of the whip. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

I don't think Dack has had a fair crack of the whip to prove his fitness.

I have no evidence at all but I do wonder whether he is purposefully frozen out. He will be one of, if not the highest earner. Perhaps he's not in the long term plans at all and they are hoping for him to put in a transfer request in Jan.

How long do you get to prove your fitness. Dack has been playing for about nine months. I would think that is enough time to prove your fitness. I have had the same injuries as Dack, and it was obvious after a few training sessions that although I could still play, I was nowhere near the player that I was. This is a professional outfit, if you are not good enough, you should be gone.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I totally agree with you on this. I haven't been bored or the game has been dull so far. 

The Millwall game last week was extremely boring, literally nothing happened in the first half.

And it’d be tragic if Dack is with the under 21s. I’m hopeful he won’t be; the quotes in the LT about playing for the under 21s read differently to the tweet posted on the previous page (which implied it was about Dack, but JDT said more before it about everyone in general being ready to help the team). 

As @Mercersaid, the Dack question needs answering - so let’s get him in the starting eleven for a run of games and find out the answer.

• Like 2

Hopefully Dack starts against Rotherham. We really need to create more scoring chances.  Hirst should definitely not be starting. I hope he can improve, but for now he looks like an awful signing. Maybe he can get some confidence/motivation in the u21 team?

2 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

That does sound like we won't be seeing Dack with the first team tomorrow, which would be disappointing.

I suspect that is what JDT has been doing with Markanday too. Getting him as many minutes as he can with the reserves in preparation for first team football later on.

One one level I'm not against Dack not playing if we play one of Adam Wharton, Buckley or Dack in a midfield three. But then again if you do that why not pick the one who regularly scores goals?

19 minutes ago, Inferi said:

Hopefully Dack starts against Rotherham. We really need to create more scoring chances.  Hirst should definitely not be starting. I hope he can improve, but for now he looks like an awful signing. Maybe he can get some confidence/motivation in the u21 team?

I'm still aghast that Hirst was chosen/allowed to take that penalty. Youngish lad, for what would have been his first goal for his new club, and a goal that would have almost certainly rescued a point, away from home...it was always going to be a bit much pressure and if he missed it, could wreck his confidence. It certainly seems to have made up most fans' minds about him.

With what I said above, and when the stat popped up under their goalie's name saying he had saved 0 out of 10 penalties, and the sheer fucking injustice of it being a penalty rather than a goal already, I felt a sinking certainty that it wasn't going in the back of the net.

• Like 1

I’ll be astonished if Dack doesn’t start nevermind get named in the squad tomorrow. For what it’s worth I’d go:

Kaminski 

Hyam Ayala Wharton 

Brittain Wharton Travis Pickering 

Dack

Brereton Gallagher 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

One one level I'm not against Dack not playing if we play one of Adam Wharton, Buckley or Dack in a midfield three. But then again if you do that why not pick the one who regularly scores goals?

Agreed. It's not as though we have many goalscoring options to choose from, meaning Dack can be left out. On the other hand though, I think we have enough about us to beat Rotherham tomorrow without him, but that isn't me saying it's fine if he isn't there. It might be ok for this one game, but why risk it? There's nobody else I would want the ball falling to on the edge of the box.

I would like to see Travis and Adam Wharton as the two, with Dack ahead of them in the attacking role. It's just the way that tweet reads which makes it seem like Dack won't be involved at all tomorrow. Let's see.

9 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Dack may not be able to press like Dolan. And obviously that doesn't fit into the JDT philosophy. But he's the most intelligent player in our squad. Every time he's on the pitch he gets himself into dangerous positions. I agree he's not been given a fair crack of the whip. 

The question is why is Dack being treated like that?

8 hours ago, J*B said:

I’ll be astonished if Dack doesn’t start nevermind get named in the squad tomorrow. For what it’s worth I’d go:

Kaminski 

Hyam Ayala Wharton 

Brittain Wharton Travis Pickering 

Dack

Brereton Gallagher 

Yep--would be very confident Rotherham couldn't live with that.