BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Tomasson won't like Brereton mentioning promotion when he spends every interview playing our chances down. If this quote makes reality TV then I can see him being frozen out.

Is BBD in a reality TV show tho? also why would JDT freeze him out for his comments which was right. 

9 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

As good as a player Brereton is, we'd be foolish to turn down £10-15m for him. That money could be re-invested into our threadbare squad. It'll all come down to people meeting our valuation within a certain timeframe i.e. leaving us enough time to get a couple of replacements in. Deadline day transfers will be told to f' off, as they were in the summer.

Why would we get 10 to 15 million offers in January when we never got those sorts of offers guarantee in the summer so why now? 

16 minutes ago, Hasta said:

If we didn't get a bid of £10 to 15 million in the summer, we aren't getting one now with 6 months left on his contract. How much were the highest bids in the summer? £10 million? What was the point in turning that down in July. It was / is highly unlikely that the offers were going to increase in January as he comes to the end of his contract, so if they were prepared to accept that figure they would have dealt in the summer. 

we got 3 offers in the summer. 2 bids of 8.4 million from Nice and Sevilla and one offer from Fulham of 6 million plus 4 mil in add ons. So no club offered us 10 million plus straight offer

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why would we get 10 to 15 million offers in January when we never got those sorts of offers guarantee in the summer so why now? 

We probably wouldn't, but prices are usually inflated in January and teams get desperate. Teams might want to pay a decent fee to avoid having to compete with more clubs in the summer. It's not out of the question that a team throws decent money at BBD. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

We probably wouldn't, but prices are usually inflated in January and teams get desperate. Teams might want to pay a decent fee to avoid having to compete with more clubs in the summer. It's not out of the question that a team throws decent money at BBD. 

I don't see any club bidding more than we receive in the summer. 

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

If we didn't get a bid of £10 to 15 million in the summer, we aren't getting one now with 6 months left on his contract. How much were the highest bids in the summer? £10 million? What was the point in turning that down in July. It was / is highly unlikely that the offers were going to increase in January as he comes to the end of his contract, so if they were prepared to accept that figure they would have dealt in the summer. 

JDT is sticking to his line and playing promotion down, but promotion is 100% the aim. Selling your main goal threat when you are sat so close to the top two with no necessity to sell would be criminal, and would inevitably lead to more fans walking away and thinking what's the point. If Venkys wouldn't let Rothwell go last year I really don't think they are going to let BB go. 

There's no circumstance unless the bid is £20mill+ (which is what we were supposedly looking for)  I can see selling Brereton is a good idea unless it leads to promotion this year. There's no pressure from the player, who I actually believe wants to see what will happen this season.

Why would someone bid £25m for Chris Wood in January?

Teams get desperate, especially those trying to stave off relegation.

I personally don't think the right offer will come in, but football is a funny old game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, benhben said:

There is no point selling Brereton in January if the money wont be re-invested immediately which is unlikely. Our goal tally would fall off a cliff. He's won us 3 or 4 games already by scoring the only goal. 

If we did do some business in January my first action would be to send Hirst back to Leicester and replace him with a better loan or permanent CF. The scouting job on him has been awful whoever did it. 

A strong, mobile centre midfielder who likes a tackle would be a massive plus for us. Were all a bit small and nice in there.

Wasnt Mola supposed to be this? We seem to be spending wage budget on loanees who never play at the moment. 

We're nearly halfway through the season and people are still clamoring after a tough tackling, mobile CM.

You're simply not going to get much better than Travis at this level for that job... and what he's proven is that we need a CM that can pass the ball.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Stewart from Sunderland would be great. Similar to BB in that he has a year left with an option for an extension but looks quality for this division

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/blackburn-rovers-transfer-stance-revealed-on-sunderland-star-ross-stewart-after-previous-links/

The last paragraph 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I personally don't think the right offer will come in, but football is a funny old game.

Newcastle bought him for several reasons including taking a key player of a relegation rival, needed a striker of PL quality. 

I was surprised by how low the transfer bids were and lack of offers from PL clubs for BBD this summer

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We're nearly halfway through the season and people are still clamoring after a tough tackling, mobile CM.

You're simply not going to get much better than Travis at this level for that job... and what he's proven is that we need a CM that can pass the ball.

Can we not have a tough tackler that can pass the ball and score goals?  I take issue with your assertion he is mobile too...

8 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Can we not have a tough tackler that can pass the ball and score goals?  I take issue with your assertion he is mobile too...

Don't think there's many at this level who do all of those things well consistently, and those that do tend to get snapped up pretty quick. 

8 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Don't think there's many at this level who do all of those things well consistently, and those that do tend to get snapped up pretty quick. 

What about Jonjo Shelvey....is he likely to get a game at Newcastle as they are pushing champions league places.  Scrap that, he's a used sub most weeks...🙈

Edited by Sparks Rover

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Everton have long been credited with an interest and as they only sit just outside the relegation places, and only 2 points clear, they might hit the panic button and just chuck silly money at us.

Bournemouth similar as well to be fair.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Hmm. Good point.

Well played.  😃

Edited by Hasta

On 08/11/2022 at 21:48, Exiled_Rover said:

It was a lot for him for sure but he wasn't in the last 6 months of his contract was he?

54 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I see Stoke are after Porteous from Hibs....Centre Half.  Neil is a shrewd operator....we have a Hibs connection with our new scout.. @JoeH do you know if he's any good this RP 

Funny player, really strong in some areas and then awful in others. I wouldn't say he's any better than our CB's personally. Mobility his main letdown. 

On 08/11/2022 at 10:51, Exiled_Rover said:

And that we already have players who can pass the ball.

Thought Buckley and Wharton did really well against West Ham. Dont think really we missed Travis. Garrett came on and was good.

I think we have more than enough CMs personally and they have more than shown they have the quality. Im not keen to find the next experienced Bradley Johnson or Corey Evans to keep Wharton, Garrett and Buckley out of the team

Aye ok. We had all this with BBD in the summer and with Rothwell last January. 

You think the hacks would have worked out by now that these owners are inscrutable to even those close to/in the club, nevermind Twitter ‘journos’.

Fills a few inches in various rags every week all the way to the end of January though, I suppose…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3