BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (a) - 13/11/2022

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v The Dingles (a) - 12.30 - 13/11/2022

First draw of the season, neither side brave enough to win and both too scared to lose.

0-0.

And hopefully that small minority on both sides can prevent themselves from punching another person in the head, because they support a different team to them.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Kaminski

Ayala Hyam S.Wharton

Brittain                               Pickering

Travis Morton Hedges

Gallagher     Brereton-Diaz

Desperately want A.Wharton in there 😭 but just feel Hedges has the edge atmo.

It’s been on my mind for weeks this, as I am sure is the case with lots of Rovers fans. I am quite happy to give up on the Hammers game, which for me is a one off, as if Rovers are playing tiddlywinks I want us to win.

I am a huge Adam Wharton fan and with him and Scot being local lads, think both should start. I am convinced Adam will shine and can see him getting man of the match and hope like hell, he scores the winner and does a jig in front of the longside. 

I will be watching from Torrevieja with a mate and know it is going to be a tense affair for us and will be happy to share what this game means, if there are any Spanish locals around who want to join us. 
Given that my business partner is a Dingle and my Rovers mad son works for us, Monday should be interesting on the Banter stakes.

My head tells me differently, but my heart says 1-2 with young Adam scoring the winner close enough to full time, to ensure my heart is given a rest from the rapid beating it has had to endure, during our recent narrow victories when parking the bus has been the order of the day.

Whatever happens, I hope all Rovers fans have a safe trip and everyone at the game remembers we are all passionate fans of our proud clubs and none of the passion spills over into anything stupid. 

Enjoy the day and let’s show the football world how big this derby really is. 

• Like 3

Well this time next week we'll either be ecstatic or heartbroken 😕 

They have some very obvious weaknesses to expose and pretty sure JDT and Co have done all their homework. We have of course got faults of our own though! We simply cannot concede first.

Whatever happens its gonna be absolutely nerve wracking, part of me questions my sanity in buying a ticket for it. Win and its the best 30 quid I'll spend all year though!

I wouldn't even like to call a result, stats and form go in the bin for your typical derby game.

Fingers crossed for minimal trouble before and after the game too so we can continue to make our own way to the games, it's a real shitter that there's no trains mind as we're still pretty restricted as a result.

4 hours ago, lraC said:

It’s been on my mind for weeks this, as I am sure is the case with lots of Rovers fans. I am quite happy to give up on the Hammers game, which for me is a one off, as if Rovers are playing tiddlywinks I want us to win.

I am a huge Adam Wharton fan and with him and Scot being local lads, think both should start. I am convinced Adam will shine and can see him getting man of the match and hope like hell, he scores the winner and does a jig in front of the longside. 

I will be watching from Torrevieja with a mate and know it is going to be a tense affair for us and will be happy to share what this game means, if there are any Spanish locals around who want to join us. 
Given that my business partner is a Dingle and my Rovers mad son works for us, Monday should be interesting on the Banter stakes.

My head tells me differently, but my heart says 1-2 with young Adam scoring the winner close enough to full time, to ensure my heart is given a rest from the rapid beating it has had to endure, during our recent narrow victories when parking the bus has been the order of the day.

Whatever happens, I hope all Rovers fans have a safe trip and everyone at the game remembers we are all passionate fans of our proud clubs and none of the passion spills over into anything stupid. 

Enjoy the day and let’s show the football world how big this derby really is. 

Have they sorted out the traffic jams around Torrevieja yet ?

Just seen the goals vs Blades. Set pieces and getting in behind over the top seem like weaknesses that should play to our strengths. Unsure about starting A. Wharton - feel we need a bit more robustness and experience in there - unfortunately we look a bit thin at CM in that regard.

24 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Surely the dream is norovirus rips through their squad this week and we pump their reserves 9-0...That's what I'm hoping for anyway

The dream would be beating their full strength side 10-0, sending them into meltdown and they end up with back to back relegations after reappointing Owen Coyle whilst ALK fritters away all their money wouldn't it?

• Like 1

Have to say I have a bad feeling. The way I currently see it is us just being camped in our half unable to get into their third of the pitch and losing possession. Hardly mustering a shot on target all game and being on the wrong end of 3 or 4 goals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Have they sorted out the traffic jams around Torrevieja yet ?

I don’t go up there much to be honest. I live in a little traditional Spanish town called Almoradi. It’s very quiet and no problems with the traffic.

Its mainly summer when you have traffic problems in Torrevieja, especially round the big shopping complex at La Zenia.

My mate has bought a holiday home near there and he flies over this week. He is a season ticket holder at Ewood, so a big fan and will be nice to watch the game with him. 

Impossible to predict, as we just don't know which Rovers will turn up. We have the tools to trouble them - the ball in behind to Brereton, the physicality of Gallagher, a few decent set piece options. However, we could easily be passive and watch the game pass us by as we've seen in so many away games. A big worry for me is the occasion - when we've been up against it in other away games, we've retreated into our shells and our lack of points from losing positions is testament to this. How will the team respond to an 'up for it', partisan home crowd? 

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Have to say I have a bad feeling. The way I currently see it is us just being camped in our half unable to get into their third of the pitch and losing possession. Hardly mustering a shot on target all game and being on the wrong end of 3 or 4 goals.

Me too, we aren't there yet. If we had a balsy midfielder and another goalscorer I'd be confident. I think JDT will want to defend with a hope of hitting them on the break, but we won't be able to get out of our own half.

A terrible last 30 minutes where we have Hirst, Vale and Szmodics as our front three unable to do anything with or even retain the ball. Defence bombarded.