BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Closing down WDWY

Gav

Question

Just trying to understand the reasoning behind this? I'm hoping its for site maintenance rather than the bickering?

The matchday threads and world cup thread are far worse places to be for posters than WDWY in my opinion.

Thanks 

7 answers to this question

• Moderation Lead
27 minutes ago, Gav said:

Just trying to understand the reasoning behind this? I'm hoping its for site maintenance rather than the bickering?

The matchday threads and world cup thread are far worse places to be for posters than WDWY in my opinion.

Thanks 

It’s to give people a break from the bickering for two days, to give people a chance to see their families. 
You’ve two days to not give each other some stick, I’m sure you can cope. Tis the season and all that.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

It’s to give people a break from the bickering for two days, to give people a chance to see their families. 
You’ve two days to not give each other some stick, I’m sure you can cope. Tis the season and all that.

Yes I saw the reason, it doesn't make any sense to me.

Are you doing the same on the other side of the forum? Which is far worse but moderated?

• Backroom

On the main boards there's no name-calling or trolling allowed Gav.

We figured it would be nice to have 48hrs off arguing with each other for the festive period. 

If the users aren't happy I'm sure we'll review it for next year.

But it was a unanimous decision by the Mod team, so for this year, it's now etched in stone. 

We can all look forward to pleasantries resuming on Boxing Day. 😉

• Like 1

I speak for myself only here.

I'm pretty laid back about much of what goes on in these pages, but I think you need to consider the fact the site is now subscription based, you have a duty to the members who contribute and decisions like this in future could cause issues.

Thanks for taking the time to reply Mods and I wish all of you and your families a great Christmas and Happy New Year. You all do a tremendous job and that often goes unrecognised.

Edited by Gav
58 minutes ago, Gav said:

I speak for myself only here.

I'm pretty laid back about much of what goes on in these pages, but I think you need to consider the fact the site is now subscription based, you have a duty to the members who contribute and decisions like this in future could cause issues.

Thanks for taking the time to reply Mods and I wish all of you and your families a great Christmas and Happy New Year. You all do a tremendous job and that often goes unrecognised.

Hi @Gav your point is noted; for absolute clarity, the site remains live during this period, it’s only WDWY that is having a short holiday & even then, only for a couple of days…and it’s over Christmas.

As always, it’s about balance. We aren’t a fully commercial site & we therefore rely on goodwill to keep the lights on. The forum is historically the site’s heart & soul, but it relies heavily on the mods giving up their time for free. When they say “we’d like a couple of days off” then we feel we have a duty to listen.

We created the ad-free option in response to user-demand, if you feel that this decision means that it’s no longer worth it then we respect that viewpoint, though I don’t think that’s what you are saying.

Anyhow…we’ll take your feedback into account for future years & thanks for the civilised exchange of opinions 😉.

• Like 1
  • Backroom

I'm not sure the subscription, which is specifically to reduce ads, means any subscribers deserve a say in how the moderating team moderate the site.

Sounds far too much like some posters being more equal than others, to me.