BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

"Nocturama" by Nick Cave is currently pleasuring my ears.

"Baby I'm On Fire" is a song that I am seriously considering as a song to be played when I pop my clogs and head off to the crematorium.

Well there's a cheery note to end the day.

Recently moved house and discovered my old ELO tapes.

Played them on the 8-track in my Ford Capri the other day: "Mr Blue Sky"....absolutely marvellous.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was lured into buying the new Richard Hawley (Guitarist from Pulp) album "Lowedges" after hearing him on Johnathan Ross' radio show on saturday. It is rather good, and very easy in the ear.

Probably not one for you metal heads.

Oh dear. After all the talk about a fantastic headline act for Sunday night at Glasto and it turns out to be Moby!

Still, Radiohead should be good, esp if they start playing songs again. By all accounts the new album is back to basics. Sounds promising!

You people are making me feel really old, but i have been listening to the soul greats of the sixties mainly.Sam Cooke has to be the most overlooked artist in terms of importnce he practically invented soul. If anybody likes soul try and find Sam Cooke doing a song called a change is gonna come BRILLIANT.Also a bit of otis redding. Am permanently addicted to soul music.

I've got Hail To The Theif. Can't say its fantastic at all, but then I'm not a fan of Radiohead anyway.

It's usually Muse all the way on my stereo, but they've been raplced as of late by the superb "Something To Write Home About" by The Get Up Kids.

It's the tune they play when Ali is running around the country side with the kids all around him, before the "Rumble in the Jungle". At least I think that's the one (been a while since I watched it, due another re-run I guess).

The avatar, I asked VERY nicely  :D

CURRAHEE!

God no Radiohead?! The personification of bland, lifeless, over-hyped music.

No, that would be Linkin Park! :p

:D

Ah yes, Linkin Park.

Lets release an album exactly like the last one!

Spot the difference anyone?

Not heard the new album. Hybrid Theory 1.5 was a terrible attempt at a cash-in though. I can't believe how many people paid money to hear remixes of their old songs with text-message names!  :withstupid:

Hmmm I was sure you were a big fan of theirs the last time I savaged them ???

Nope, it wasn't me.

Although I feel that it has become fashionable to deride them due to some feeling that they are manufactured. If they were to churn out a great tune tomorrow, they wouldn't get the necessary kudos. Each to his own I suppose.