Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't do what a mate of mine did Colin.

When he was moving house he threw a load of his old records out. Some of them were worth a fortune (e.g. original Spiral Scratch ep)!

An original "Spiral Scratch"

Aaaaagh!

Did it go out with a couple of Constables and one or two Da Vinci sketchs of some bird called Mona Lisa?

If we are talking punk, what about Gordon is a Moron and Sharron and Me from Jilted John?

Bit of a student type wasn't he , Philip ? That disqualifies him in my book !

Now , The Ramones were more the real deal ; try It's Alive - probably the only decent live album I've ever heard.

Now , The Ramones were more the real deal ; try It's Alive - probably the only decent live album I've ever heard.

Phil, I'd have never got you down as a Ramones man.

Shows what a useless judge I can be.

"It's Alive" kept me going for years. I played it again a few months ago after a gap of about five years.

It's the musical equivalent of that 3-3 Cup match against Sunderland.

Great while it was there, but on reflection it was pretty poor.

I'm rambling. ???

I can't believe 'Scooter' haven't had a mention on here yet.

Lyrics ? Dark side of the moon ?  Sgt Peppers ?

What about "de chase, is bedder dan de catch"

or "Is id a bird, is id a plane, id muz be dave, whose on de train"

"de bird, de sea, de land, de tree,"

"How much is de fish ?"

........  marvellous.

That got me thinking about Half Man Half Biscuit.  I haven't heard these lyrics for a while, but I bet Colin's got it on vinyl:

"Time flies by when you're the driver of a train/speeding down the highway with a cargo of cocaine..." etc.

The new White Stripes album is cracking by the way.

........  marvellous.

Agreed! Scooter have a real way with words! I  had MTV on the other day and one of their tunes came on, one line I remember- 'respect to the man in the ice cream van!'- Genius!

I was away in germany a few weeks ago and saw that scooter video - thought it was most amusing... so I put a note on my phone to remind me to download the video for a laugh.

Anyway I forgot about it (hence the note on the phone) and then last night downloaded it, watched it and was in hysterics - so amusing! If any of you have broadband download it! I hate dance music but this is a great video!

In fact I may change my signature!

Nope - never heard of S&M I'm afraid , nor Live after Death. Must be my age .

Col , I think you have to be in the right mood to appreciate the Ramones ; the older you get , the less frequent the mood arises .

Same with a few things , I guess  :unhappy:  :sleep:

I can't believe 'Scooter' haven't had a mention on here yet.

Lyrics ? Dark side of the moon ?  Sgt Peppers ?

What about "de chase, is bedder dan de catch"

or "Is id a bird, is id a plane, id muz be dave, whose on de train"

"de bird, de sea, de land, de tree,"

"How much is de fish ?"

........  marvellous.

ooops!!

some people missing the vibe here -

my 10 year old tells me he used to like scooter but that they are only for little kids...

my 7 year old actually likes them but is begining to find them uncool (see above)....

scouse - scooter are now what bay city rollers were in our day - naff and sad - even to those still in huggies.

my favorite live album -

hanx! stiff little fingers -

sadly the sight of their obese ruddy-faced father pogoing has put my kids off nobody's hero and fly the flag for life.

:(  :unhappy:

Phil, I'd have never got you down as a Ramones man.

What about "Mission accomplished ....... but the beat goes on"? That is a pretty good live album and, on a different plane altogether, "No sleep 'til Hammersmith" - both are up there with "It's alive" as classic live albums.

I must admit Motorhead's "No Sleep 'til Hammersmith" is a quality live album.  I just love the versions of Overkill and Bomber  - brilliant.  Other fav live albums are "Live at the Royal Albert Hall" by Spiritualized, Marquee London MCMXCI by The Cult and who can forget "Floating Anarchy" by Planet Gong (top album, I spent many of evenings "listening" to that).  Of course, side 4 of "Stations of the Crass" is good live one if you like a bit of Anarcho-Punk. Top Banana!

Ste

Pearl Jam have the best idea when it comes to live albums.

They release an "official bootleg" for every concert they play. On their last tour in 2000 they released over 20 cds of the European leg and 72 cds of the American tour.

They are currently touring again, this time you can go to their official website and order a bootleg in advance (say of the gig you are attending) and you will have a cd of the concert in your grubby little mit about 3 days after the event, all for about £12.

Have to say Hanx by SLF is top notch. And although I was never a fan Kiss Alive 2 is fantastic.

Nope - never heard of S&M I'm afraid , nor Live after Death. Must be my age .

Col , I think you have to be in the right mood to appreciate the Ramones ; the older you get , the less frequent the mood arises .

Same with a few things , I guess  :unhappy:  :sleep:

How old are you Phil? 65? Metallica and Iron Maiden arent exactly nu-metal!

Live after Death is nearly twenty years old!

Anyway, must agree, they are my two favourite live albums. Maiden's power and the hairs stand on the back of your neck moments on S & M

Now then-Great Live Albums.For me the best has got to be Live & Dangerous-Thin Lizzy.I saw them live 3 times & they were fantastic.Best gig would perhaps be AC/DC at the MEN a couple of years ago.I don't normally listen to them at home but live they are just amazing.Coldplay at Glastonbury were pretty special,hope they play again this year.

Bet gig? Hard to say. Probably Manic Street Preachers or Bon Jovi (go on, flame me, I don't care :razz: ). I'm hoping to put that right by seeing either Maiden or Metallica in the summer. And I get to see Chili Peppers in August, woohoo!

It has been the Maltese General Election and the victorious PN used "The Final Countdown" as their campaign theme (remember the Rovers using that song the season we won the Championship?).

The whole island has gone mad- claxons, flags, convoys of wagons carrying PN supporters and impromptu gigs everywhere.

Practically every five minutes I think I'm back at Ewood watching the Rovers run onto the pitch again!