BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

Also, I know I've gone one about them before, but one of the guys from "soon to be huge" Leeds band This EtAl sorted me an pre-producution CD of their latest demo and it's fantastic ! I'm seeing if I legitimately distribute copies, but until then anyone that likes there stuff let me know and I'll see what I can do.

There stuff has been likened to Muse, Queens Of The Stone Age and Interpol, the first single was He Shoots Presidents (downloadable free and legit from http://www.dancetotheradio.com/) but the best is yet to come in catscan.

After earning an appearance at last years Leeds festival, having the music championed by Steve Lurpack on Radio 1 and Claire Sturgess on XFM, having their first single sell out in less than a week and one hell of a local following, I'm confident they are going to make it.

As they haven't got a proper deal yet, you can download loads of their tracks from http://www.thisetal.com/media.asp (again, I urge you to check out catscan).

Let me know what you think.

Downloaded fourteen songs from those links. They sound very good, although with the exception of "Catscan", none of the songs distinguish themselves from each other. Definitely something to listen to in the car and keep an eye out for. Cheers Glenn.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to add, bought the new yourcodenameis:milo single '17' yesterday and it's not too bad. The B-Side 'Capitol King' is a nice track as well from it.

Their album 'Ignito' is out on Monday and should be worth a listen to. They're nothing groundbreaking or spectacular but I've kinda had an interest in them from the beginning so it's worth a plug. Better than a lot of hyped up recent stuff I've been hearing.

On Saturday night,Radio 2 at 21.30 there is a tribute to Rory Gallagher introduced by Gary Moore,to commemorate the 10th anniversary of his death,if you are still standing after what will be a long day,please take time to listen or record.Rory was a guitar genius, worth a listen if you can.

Seeing as I'm off to see them at the academy tomorrow I've spent the evening with Terrorvision's Regular Urban Surviors and Take The Money and Run on whilst I work.

Also, I know I've gone one about them before, but one of the guys from "soon to be huge" Leeds band This EtAl sorted me an pre-producution CD of their latest demo and it's fantastic ! I'm seeing if I legitimately distribute copies, but until then anyone that likes there stuff let me know and I'll see what I can do.

There stuff has been likened to Muse, Queens Of The Stone Age and Interpol, the first single was He Shoots Presidents (downloadable free and legit from http://www.dancetotheradio.com/) but the best is yet to come in catscan.

After earning an appearance at last years Leeds festival, having the music championed by Steve Lurpack on Radio 1 and Claire Sturgess on XFM, having their first single sell out in less than a week and one hell of a local following, I'm confident they are going to make it.

As they haven't got a proper deal yet, you can download loads of their tracks from http://www.thisetal.com/media.asp (again, I urge you to check out catscan).

I'll ave a gander if they're likened to Muse

I bought an album called True Parallels by an American band named Trust Company the other day from Play.com. I got their first album, The Lonely Position Of Neutral and it was very good. You may have seen thir video for their single Downfall, was which was class. It is a mix of hard rock and metal, but without loads of screaming. I still haven't gotten it though. Staind's album, 14 Shades Of Grey is also worth a listen, with the likes of Yesterday and So Far Away a few of their excellent songs.

Seeing as I'm off to see them at the academy tomorrow I've spent the evening with Terrorvision's Regular Urban Surviors and Take The Money and Run on whilst I work.

Also, I know I've gone one about them before, but one of the guys from "soon to be huge" Leeds band This EtAl  sorted me an pre-producution CD of their latest demo and it's fantastic ! I'm seeing if I legitimately distribute copies, but until then anyone that likes there stuff let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I'll ave a gander if they're likened to Muse

Wouldn't get your hopes up. I don't see the similarity.

'Ghost of a Rose' by Blackmore's Night is on a lot at our house too.

You're alright, mate. thumbs-up.gif

Are you being sarcastic?

Or is that a compliment?

Nope, Blackmore's night are great. Have you heard their rendition of Diamonds and Rust?

----

Tonight I'm going to see the Manics in Edinburgh. The new album is poor, but the live show should still be good.

Last three albums played:

Searching for the young soul rebels - dexy's midnight runners - compulsory listening that should be on the national curriculum. A work of genius!

Johnny Cash - Live at Folsom Prison - the man was one of a kind

Kasabian - seriously in my groove at the moment

Looking at the above, I'm starting to feel confused!!!

Just heard the new Coldplay single. Now let me fill everyone in, im a massive Coldplay fan and have loved nearly every song they have made. The new single, however doesnt seem as strong as it could be and im a little dissapointed. I have heard another song from their new album called Talk and thats much better.

Shame.