SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Dublin friendly

den

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only members I know of so far that have booked flights are myself, SteB and Lee but I'm guessing a lot of people had to wait until today to find if they could get the time off work.

I'm going with Lee though I don't know any details. I'm leaving it all to him :D

The only members I know of so far that have booked flights are myself, SteB and Lee but I'm guessing a lot of people had to wait until today to find if they could get the time off work.

I'm going with Lee though I don't know any details. I'm leaving it all to him :D

Talk about the blind leading the blind :)

Talk about the blind leading the blind :)

blind drunk leading the blind!

Last time I got lost in Dublin trying to find my hotel I strangely enought ended up at the Guinness factory.

It was calling to me!

Still couldn't get a taxi, they are rarer than rockinghorse poop

Last time I got lost in Dublin trying to find my hotel I strangely enought ended up at the Guinness factory.

If I do that I can claim it's a work trip ... hmm there's a plan

Free factory tours all round??

:)

I'll see what I can do ...

I'll see what I can do ...

Been there twice this season already. I seriously do recommend the tours and if they are free, then i'll be back in line!!

Anyhow, it should be a good couple of days!

When I went round (admittedly some years ago) we all got a complementary half. That was it.

I think the dream of scooping pint pots into a great big vat of free Guinness and getting pissdd for nowt are just that. (dreams)

Sorry folks.

My flight's been booked for an age (same one as Jordan he imforms me), but I need to sort accomodation. When I'm in Dublin I normally stay in the Trinity Capital (next to the Fireworks Nightclub) but then it normally paid for by either work or a customer and is a little dearer than I fancied paying. Can anyone recommend a nice, cheap (ish) B&B (or travel lodge or similar) near Temple Bar ?

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update on all this.

IrishRovers plan to meet up the night before the game(Tuesday) in Buskers in Temple Bar at 8pm. Anybody who is interested is more than welcome to come along. Basic plan is for everyone to meet there, get a few/a lot of drinks in and then head out to the clubs.

5-a-side football tournament to be held in Bray on the day of the game, probably starting about 12, not sure on who has confirmed yet but from what I heard, it's a couple of teams from our lot, NorthernIreland, North and South Lancs, London and anyone else who happens to show up.

Anyone can enter a team, if you're interested email cookierovers@eircom.net

On the day of the game, we're going to meet up in a pub around the corner from the ground, again if you want, feel free to come along. Let you know more on this when I find out.

Not flying over until the Weds afternoon, otherwise I'd have been well up for the 5-a-side, and the Tuesday night drinks.

On the other hand, having just had 160 Euros evaporate in two nights out on the ale in Dublin, perhaps the less time spent there the better !!

Just an update on all this.

IrishRovers plan to meet up the night before the game(Tuesday) in Buskers in Temple Bar at 8pm. Anybody who is interested is more than welcome to come along. Basic plan is for everyone to meet there, get a few/a lot of drinks in and then head out to the clubs.

5-a-side football tournament to be held in Bray on the day of the game, probably starting about 12, not sure on who has confirmed yet but from what I heard, it's a couple of teams from our lot, NorthernIreland, North and South Lancs, London and anyone else who happens to show up.

Anyone can enter a team, if you're interested email cookierovers@eircom.net

On the day of the game, we're going to meet up in a pub around the corner from the ground, again if you want, feel free to come along. Let you know more on this when I find out.

And feck man, i'll be there for the 5 a-side as we have to reinact some revenge on you lot. We'll have a team down, but i cant see me making it to the drinking session the nite before as i have to save up the pennies for a holiday and the Robbie Williams concert on Saturday 9th August.

We will be arrivinng down early Wednesday 6th August and staying over nite.

Booked my ticket at last today, will be arriving early Weds morning and flying back the next Monday, so I can enjoy a weekend in Dublin. Nowhere to stay as yet though.

If anyone needs an extra player in the 5-a-side am sure I can lend my talents. Would most suit the london team i suppose as I am down s'arfh. Send us a PM if you do.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.