SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Dublin friendly

den

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooooh Yeeesss ...... I'd imagine very few tha were out last night will have made it up yet.

My pics are now available  (well, should be very soon anyway)here. Hopefully Jordan's and Tris' will follow soon, and if anyone else has any Bray pics (or any Rovers pics in general) then PM me for an email address to send them to and I'll slap them on the site.

Alrite all,

I'm the 1st to make it back here after the match last nite and i don't even have a flippin lap top!  :p We played in a 5 a-side competition with the following teams,

N.Ireland branch

Republic of Ireland branch

AFCD (Lee Groobys team)

Bray wanderers team

Queens University

Bray went onto win the tournment on a penalty shoot-out in the final against Queens University. Republic defeated N.Ireland 1-0 in teh 3rd/4th place play-off with AFCD finishing bottom. We proceeded for pre-match drinks in 'Kaie Gallaghers' as youc an see Glenn was snap happy.

Anyhow all went well yesterday in regards to the supporters. Over 5,000  were in attendance at the Carlisle Grounds.in regards to the game, we didn't play to the extent that we are capable of.

A lot of shambolic passing from the midfield, but Reid and Paul Gallager has shown a lot of promise in the short period they were on the field. Yorke did try his hardest, but was receiving unworthy abuse from his own fans. Wasn't call for it at all, he merely just smiled back as well, lol.

Dwight Yorke, you're a wuss, you're a wuss!

Lucas Neill was very consistant and put in a few telling crosses. Matt i think in all honesty was our best player on the picth, ran his heart out and was denied by the post twice. Thommo and Brett Emerton ran a close 2nd. They both had a great work-rate and Thommo was denyed a further goal by the post and is looking back to his form he had last season whilst fit! I feel that Tugay was basically non-existant and Flitty wasn't his usual self. Nissa again was subject to dogy passes, but made a cracking challenge in the 2nd half. Kelly was pretty solid in goals and made a few good stops, but it'kll be great to have Brad back in between the sticks though!

In regards to the injury picked up by Steven Reid, it wasn't serious, just taken off possibly because of caution. He spent quite a bit of time with the physio afterwards though!

And thats about that all covered from a great time in Dublin!

Found my way to an Internet Cafe. Agree with rover-groo's report, I was really pleased with the way matty played, wasnt expecting that.

Glenn posting at 9.19 am after last night? Your mad. I've got some pics and video that i'll post next week when I get back to the UK.

Pleasure to meet many of the messageboard lot in Bray and have a drink with you all. Right back off out onto the streets of Dublin, see if I can find Jordan and Hotspot for a beer.

It was "Dwight Yorke is a Wasp" as he was wearing the away kit and his skin colour, all said in good humour, that's why he was smiling.

Did you remember your AFCD top Groo?

Remember we were the only ones to win a prize, thos beers came in handy! :D

It was "Dwight Yorke is a Wasp" as he was wearing the away kit and his skin colour, all said in good humour, that's why he was smiling.

Did you remember your AFCD top Groo?

Remember we were the only ones to win a prize, thos beers came in handy! :D

Lol, i was told that to-day that they were singing he was a 'wasp', but i swore blind it was 'wuss', lol. Thats drink, mind of matter. But as some people find it hard to understand me, i'll but the chant merely down to that.

In regards to the AFCD shirt, its a classic job, so i'll get a cheque off in the post next week, once i get Robbie Williams concert over and done with, again i'm back down to Dublin. Its on teh floor at the moment, just need to wash it now.

BTW Johnny, where the hell did Lee go?

Again i have to say it was an excellent time had by all in Dublin and as KanDevil said it was great to meet sooo many ppl face to face, whom use this board. I was drunk when chatting to him, but weren't we all!

Trust all the Blackburn fans from teh mainland UK all get home safe and well. Now heres to a great and successful season!

<font color='#000000'>Stopped in North star when we played St Pats. Good hotel. Its right what they say about the red light district its on your doorstep and in your hotel lobby and the stairs and the bar! Stopping at comfort inn this year in temple bar not as far to stagger home! Enjoy see you all there! If its as good as last time it will be awesome!</font>

<font color='#0000FF'>The comfort in, what a lovely hotel that turned out to be! biggrin.gif Piggy(the pink sheep) misses you Martin, but personally i think he is too young for you.

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif</font>

Only got back from Dublin in the early hours of this morning (plane delayed for 4 hours - not good) and this is the first time I've felt up to writing anything on here!

It was a great day in Bray and it was good to meet many of the posters on here.  

Oh, and I'm sorry I didn't make it into Dublin in the evening.  We did intend to - we got off the Dart at Booterstown to walk back to our hotel and get changed.  

However, it's a long walk so we stopped off in a local pub for refreshments and, what with me in my Rovers shirt, we got chatting to a few locals.  Before we knew it it was after one in the morning and I could barely walk!

• 10 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.