BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A Rover All View

LynV

"A bad day at the office" is how our new LET correspondent described the shambles against Man City.

Good grief ! I hope this awful piece by Revidge's successor isn't a sign of things to come . My money's on SCummings if it comes to a war of words ........ :unhappy:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He seems a bit of a w(h)ally. Maybe the editor wanted to have a wet blanket after some of the scathing attacks of Revidge.

IMO Football is all about the highs and lows of the season and reading Revidges comments after a great week was fantastic and I always used to read the ones after a crap week as well - it's nice to know other people suffer the way I do over the Rovers. :!:

The other thing about Jason's column is it doesn't really fit the Rovers, everything is a bit wishy washy - the Rovers either do it well or really really badly...  Whenever Rev made a comment that credited the management there was always a word of caution to make sure we didn't get too carried away.

How about doing it for this site instead?

Good grief ! I hope this awful piece by Revidge's successor isn't a sign of things to come .

Afraid so Phil

I took my place among the football geniuses in the pub, you know the sort, those whose sum total of tactical knowledge is to shout `get rid' or `boot it' at the screen for the full 90 minutes.

I'd just about jostled in to my viewing position when, before you could say `ITV Digital have ruined us', we're 1-0 up. Scorchio - Andy Cole. Then for some reason the pub erupted into song. I was even half expecting my old mate the drummer to walk in!

Ah, we have a *true blue* going to games now.  At least Revidge attends them, whatever you think of his comments.  Mind you, it does appear very similar in content to Mr Cummings effort the previous week where he described going to a pub to watch a game.   Perhaps Jason wants to prove that he too is old enough to go to the pub.

It appears our new correspondant managed to find people with the same amount of footballing acumen as himself in this pub.

Then of course, Mr Wally managed to then get a dig in at the drummer.  Although the chances of the drummer walking in when he was 250 miles away actually watching the match were rather remote.

Thankyou ste! I too agree. At least revidge blue attended the games. At least the drummer goes to all the matches with or without the drum! If Mr jason whalley is going to stay in his local pub for away games he might as well copy mondays report from the paper. That was crap tonight. Bring revidge blue back! A true rover would of re-mortgaged his house to go!

If it is indeed the case that getting rid of Rev and replacing him with a hand-picked 'Yes Man' was contributable to John Williams then should'nt he consider offering Jason Whalley a place on the team coach if Jason is finding it so difficult to be a 'proper' columnist and attend each match in person?

Alternatively if the editor is satisfied with somebody who after just one away game cares enough about his responsibility that he would rather get @#/? up in the pub and write sub-standard second-hand articles based on Modays match report than actually attend the match then protestors should simply stop buying the paper.

I totally agree the new guy is garbage, and would encourage one and all to protest.

However, I would suggest as a cynic that any emails Mr Plunkett gets he will attribute to this thread on this forum, (they read it you know) and as most of us read the trash online he won't care anyway.

Rev needs a new platform, or perhaps just an outlet where he can show up the new guy.  Back in the mid-90s the column on this site "Spenny Speaks Out" was designed to provoke and irritate ... the site doesn't need that these days, but surely a "Revidge Reveals (or Rants, or Raves, or Remembers, or Reasons) could get a page on here somewhere ?

[pls note - this suggestion made entirely without reference to Rev Blue - if he's enjoying his retirement then so he must]

I totally agree the new guy is garbage, and would encourage one and all to protest.

However, I would suggest as a cynic that any emails Mr Plunkett gets he will attribute to this thread on this forum, (they read it you know) and as most of us read the trash online he won't care anyway.

Rev needs a new platform, or perhaps an just an outlet where he can show up the new guy.  Back in the mid-90s the column on this site "Spenny Speaks Out" was designed to provoke and irritate ... the site doesn't need that these days, but surely a "Revidge Reveals (or Rants, or Raves, or Remembers, or Reasons) could get a page on here somewhere ?

[pls note - this suggestion made entirely without reference to Rev Blue - if he's enjoying his retirement then so he must]

Great idea.  Fans should be coming to this site to get all the Rovers news (rumours/fantasies/predictions) not reading some bloke who sits in the pub.  If I had Foxtel I could do a better job from Australia.

Fans should be coming to this site to get all the Rovers news (rumours/fantasies/predictions) not reading some bloke who sits in the pub.  If I had Foxtel I could do a better job from Australia.

I agree.

LET shouldn't be employing a 'pundit' who can't even be arsed to get to the matches.  If he can't make it to a Saturday afternoon match to see Duffer line up against Rovers for the 1st time in his career, then I can't see him making a rainy cold winter's midweek trip anywhere.

However, I would suggest as a cynic that any emails Mr Plunkett gets he will attribute to this thread on this forum, (they read it you know)

C'mon then you guys from the Telewag.  Own up,  Time to come out of the closet.  

My moneys on young Jason being Gourgeous Blue Babe, and Plunkett turning out to be Dr Stamen  :laugh:

I remember Spenny's rants well, and was disappointed that they stopped and that the man himself stopped posting (at least under that name).

Let's have someone who can post a rational, yet controversial argument. Not just about the Rovers, but football in general. Someone who is prepared to "cop the flak" and reply to it.

Let it be one topic per week.

If the good Rev wants to be it, then let's go. You never know, Spenny might return.....

As an afterthought, why can't we have a pinned weekly topic.

Anyone who wishes to post, submits the topic for the week to a mod, but must be prepared to reply to all posts and no PM'ing

Anyone who wishes to post, submits the topic for the week to a mod, but must be prepared to reply to all posts and no PM'ing

We have been looking at that very idea for a few weeks now.

Can we have some member opinions please?

• Backroom

We have been looking at that very idea for a few weeks now.

Can we have some member opinions please?

Go for it.... am missing the Rev's reports already :(

Emmm just don't go offering a page to that Jason Whalley chap there's a good mod  :razz:

Emmm just don't go offering a page to that Jason Whalley chap there's a good mod  :razz:

I'm sure that Wally has enough problems already finding enough material to fill one column, never mind one on here :)

Bearing in mind that the LET sports desk is Dingle dominated, Revidge probably got binned for upstaging Cummings too many times, and the LET have searched high and low for somebody who would be incapable of taking advantage.

surely a "Revidge Reveals (or Rants, or Raves, or Remembers, or Reasons) could get a page on here somewhere ?

Seems a reasonable idea as long as we are allowed to reply. :)

Thanks but no thanks, we can get our fill of "What's wrong at Blackburn Rovers" with revidges everyday posts.

Must say I really enjoyed Mr Whalleys write up this week.  Upbeat with well put "concerns".  Surely more the style that our local club would like to see printed in our local paper than the incessant berating of all things Blue and White.

Some of you folks have short, nostalgia based memories.  "At least Revidge went to the games".  At least this fella let us know clearly, up front, that he did not attend.  I seem to remember Rev coming in for some stick for not attending the City game in Manchester.  Manchester-London.  Mmmm.

After slating him last week, Its only fair to say that this weeks column is pretty good.  Nice to see a pop at Beckham, Saint and Greavsie as well.

Just goes to show you can't please everybody. Whilst I thought the last couple of weeks columns were OK (certainly not as bad as they were painted on this thread) I thought this weeks column was bland and showed just how much of an unwelcome gap the Internationals put into our football lives.

On the wider topic I used to enjoy reading and generally disagreeing with  Rev's columns and, if the nature of his departure from the LET is as is depicted in this thread, think that the paper was wrong to discard him as it has done. However its not the fault of the new chappie so lets make sure we keep a balanced view of his column.

Yeah I agree.

The new columnist might not write as good as Rev, but after all it is not his fault they got rid of Rev.

I too think it was better before, but the guy is pretty new, give him time and maybe he'll write good stuff.

I have to admit I liked the last one

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.