SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Starting 11 for Thursday?

Eddie

brad

tiny       berg       short       neill

thompson   flitty   tugay     duff

egil      yorke

picked on current form. big game experience at cente backs where we will be under huge pressure mentally and physically.

they are scared of duff so start him if fit. tugay will be up for this one hence dunn on the bench.

egil holds the ball up well for the on form yorke - i really cannot believe i have ever picked egil!!! but he deserves to start. scare them with cole and matty to come on when everyone tired last 20-30 mins.

i think we can get a result thursday and finish them off at ewood  :rover:

same as mine tash, but i still wouldn't have egil in for cole. He's a world class striker and I think we need him to scare the pants off celtic from the start. Having jansen & egil on the bench should ensure we can change things if necessary

Dwight was fantastic against arsenal and really held the ball up very well.....cole knows where he puts the ball and will be making clever runs all day

brad

egil      yorke

picked on current form. big game experience at cente backs where we will be under huge pressure mentally and physically.

they are scared of duff so start him if fit. tugay will be up for this one hence dunn on the bench.

egil holds the ball up well for the on form yorke - i really cannot believe i have ever picked egil!!! but he deserves to start. scare them with cole and matty to come on when everyone tired last 20-30 mins.

same as mine tash, but i still wouldn't have egil in for cole. He's a world class striker and I think we need him to scare the pants off celtic from the start. Having jansen & egil on the bench should ensure we can change things if necessary

Dwight was fantastic against arsenal and really held the ball up very well.....cole knows where he puts the ball and will be making clever runs all day

Cole has not played allot of football in the last month, i feel it could take him some time to get back in the flow, ofcourse with Cole its hard to tell,  he could get the winning goal or he could be poor, its a hard decision, souness is going to have a long think over it but i expect that Egil will start and come off maybe at half time for Cole similar to a recent match.

i'll  go for

Friedel

Taylor   Short    Berg    Neil

Thompson Dunn Flitty  Duff

Yorke      Egil

as the likely starting line up, I can't remember the last time Tugay scored a goal and Dunn is slightly better defensively aswell, so i'll go with DUNN, Flitty is a must start no question, its a guarantee!!!

brad

egil      yorke

Cole has not played allot of football in the last month, i feel it could take him some time to get back in the flow, ofcourse with Cole its hard to tell,  he could get the winning goal or he could be poor, its a hard decision, souness is going to have a long think over it but i expect that Egil will start and come off maybe at half time for Cole similar to a recent match.

i'll  go for

Friedel

Taylor   Short    Berg    Neil

Thompson Dunn Flitty  Duff

Yorke      Egil

as the likely starting line up, I can't remember the last time Tugay scored a goal and Dunn is slightly better defensively aswell, so i'll go with DUNN, Flitty is a must start no question, its a guarantee!!!

yep....and there is still some left.

Friedel

Neill    Tiny    Short   Johansson

Tommo  Flitcroft   Dunn  Duff

Cole       Jansen

Its our strongest available side. I worry for Nissa against Agathe (sp?), but under the circumstances it'll have to do.

I'm very worry about Nisse against Agathe. He is very quick and have a lot of pace. I think Duff and maybe Cole will be on the bench but will come in as subs. Egil and Yorke up front.

I got 3 tickets today at 15:30 and tickets will also be for sale tomorrow !

:rover:               kelly

todd greer peltzer cutis

hignett douglas dunning mahon

grabbi    ostenstat

this is the team i would play,i thought the eufa cup was low down on the list of priorities this season.

:D        Yorke   Ostenstad

Duff    Flitty      Thompson    Gillespie

Neill    Short      Berg    Taylor

Friedel

I have heard many times that one of celtics weaknesses is their slow defence, hence the two pacey wingers. Put em under pressure. Cole and Janny on the bench to come on later if needed.

My team:

Freidel, Neill, Tiny, Berg, Johansson, Dunn, Flitcroft, Tugay, Thompson, Yorke, Ostenstad

The problems will arise if Cole and Duff are fit to start. Who do you drop from midfield? Do you drop Egil after his performances of late?

Personally without having knowledge of Coles' of Duffs' fitness I would start Cole and leave Duff on the bench. Egil doesn't give us enough and we need grit in midfield early on. Keep it tight for 60 minutes then unleash hell through Duff when legs are tiring. Maybe even bring him on at half time. That's how I would win the game.

God I can't sleep :sleep:

Friedel

Neil, Berg, Tiny, Short

Thompson, Dunn, Flitcroft, Tugay

Yorke, Jansen

It's really sad that there won't be enough room in the squad for all the forwards, cause all of them deserve praises. In the 2nd half ofcourse we will have Cole and Duff coming on, to scare Celtic a bit.  :rover:

Friedel

Tiny  Berg  Short  Neill

Thommo  Flitty  Dunn  Duffer (if fit)

Egil Yorke

Still not sure Matty is 100% or I'd start him ahead of either of them. Same with Cole. Of course an unfit Duff would mean Tugay starting and Dunn going on the left.

Think we'll draw at Parkhead and beat them at Ewood. Can't wait though - these are going to be mini-cup finals!

Friedel

Tiny  Berg  Short  Neill

Thommo  Flitty  Dunn  Duffer (if fit)

Egil Yorke

Still not sure Matty is 100% or I'd start him ahead of either of them. Same with Cole. Of course an unfit Duff would mean Tugay starting and Dunn going on the left.

Think we'll draw at Parkhead and beat them at Ewood. Can't wait though - these are going to be mini-cup finals!

i wouldn't play Jansen cus  he's got " like the worst haircut ever" , what a bad cut that it!!!

The BBC Sport Online chief football writer Phill McNulty picks his combined 'best of' team today.  I'm sure his team will provide a bit of debate on here:

GOALKEEPER

BRAD FRIEDEL

No contest - thanks mainly to the outstanding form of Blackburn's American keeper, who was brilliant again at Arsenal.

Celtic's Rab Douglas is not in his class, and his image south of the border was not helped by his blundering in the recent Old Firm draw with Rangers.

DEFENDERS

LUCAS NEILL

Under-stated Australian who is regarded by boss Graeme Souness as one of his brightest young players. Tipped to emerge as a central defender, but can play at right-back.

JOOS VALGAEREN

Powerful Belgian defender, who is an important part of Celtic's game plan under Martin O'Neill.

He missed the World Cup because of an ankle injury, but will prove a tough opponent for Blackburn's potent attack.

HENNING BERG

Hugely experienced Norwegian who has fought his way back into Blackburn's team. Sampled Premiership success in England with both Blackburn and Manchester United. Will be vital in the hot-house Parkhead atmosphere.

ULRIK LAURSEN

The Dane would fill what might be regarded as a problem left-back position in this united team. Shrewd signing by Martin O'Neill.

MIDFIELD

NEIL LENNON

Lennon can fill the right side of midfield, although Blackburn's David Thompson is more than a match currently.

He was a prized signing by O'Neill when he lured him from Leicester and will be highly-regarded by Blackburn.

STILIAN PETROV

Hugely gifted Bulgarian who will pose a massive threat to Blackburn and has been making a powerful case for inclusion in this line-up.

DAVID DUNN

Celtic fans may clamour for Paul Lambert's inclusion, but Dunn is a hard-running and skilful modern midfielder who is performing to the highest level in the Premiership. He is regarded as a future England regular.

DAMIEN DUFF

Brilliant young winger who will hope to overcome injury to play. Celtic's Alan Thompson has claims, but in reality Duff is the better bet.

STRIKERS

HENRIK LARSSON

Automatic choice. A Parkhead legend and rightly so. The English cynics question whether he would be as prolific in the Premiership. Maybe not as prolific - but certainly a success.

ANDY COLE

Tough call with Dwight Yorke and Chris Sutton to choose from, but he is a man for the big occasion - and he has sampled enough of them.

MANAGER

GRAEME SOUNESS

Bound to be a controversial choice, but Souness enjoyed the sort of massive success in Scotland that has had Martin O'Neil hailed as a miracle worker at Celtic - and more besides.

Souness also won the Worthington Cup last season at Blackburn, repeating another O'Neill feat.

He has won trophies at Liverpool and Galatasaray, and has proved his maturity as a manager with his team-building at Blackburn, where he won promotion and got them into the Uefa Cup.

Friedel

Neill    Tiny    Short   Johansson

Tommo  Flitcroft   Dunn  Duff

Cole       Jansen

Its our strongest available side.

Couldn't agree more. We have to play to our strengths. I too worry about Nissa but I think he'll cope. I think that team is better than anything Celtic have to offer. Lets just hope we perform.

Depends on Jansens fitness. Is he ready for a start allready? The same can be said about Cole and Duff, strains are dangerous injuries and if played to early will only get worse. I hope for a team like this:

Frieldel; Neill, Berg, Taylor, NEJ; Dunn, Flitcroft, Thompson, Duff; Yorke, Cole

Hoping everyone really is fit and ready.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.