BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Totally Outclassed

T4E

We absolutely demolished Celtic tonight. Make no bones about it. We could've and should've won comfortably. Paradise? Rubbish. Doesn't take much to shut their fans up does it? We were going to recieve a footballing lesson? Don't make me laugh.

Defensively they were woeful. Thei midfield was non existent. Sutton clearly hasn't got it anymore. Larsson world class? Absolute sh*te.

We were better man for man, and far better as a team. We just proved we are a far better side, and Celtic have got one hell of a shock coming when they get to Ewood. You can get lucky once, it wont happen again.

I don't know what to say.

I'm still getting over the terrible defending during that corner. Surely Tiny should have got a head to the corner in the first place! If not, who was marking Larrson!?

I thought Yorke was a little dodgy first half but second half he was fantastic. Tugay a little shakey at the start. Duffer, not up to much. Thompson, this lad just gets better and better. Flitty, did the job neeeded. Cole, didn't think he changed the game for us at all. Had a nice little bit of work-up play with Yorke but that was it. Yorke seemed to be doing all the work. Maybe it was a Jansen style of play?

Totally agree with T4E, Celtic come down to England and hammer English teams during pre-season saying they should join the Premiership.

Tonight they looked like a Division 2 side just battling and hoping for a draw to take back to the home leg. Only problem was, they were at home!

Anyway, i'm not going to be bitter, fair play to Celtic. They scored off a corner and got the goal advantage. Congrats.

Roll on the 2nd leg where SURELY we'll get goals.

BobbyZee

Anyway, i'm not going to be bitter, fair play to Celtic. They scored off a corner and got the goal advantage. Congrats.

Well said, there's no point in being bitter, this is a two legged game, and its far from over.

We proved our point that we are easily their superiors, and we'll show it - again - in the 2nd leg.

i would have rather played bad and lost then played like, BECAUSE i am so @#/? off that we have not won,  I was shouting untill i was almost dead "STOP PASSING THE BALL A F****** SHOOT", talk about over playing, Cole and Yorke looked scared to shoot sometimes. Some grest performances by many players, hats off to Tugay but WE LOST!

Well said, there's no point in being bitter, this is a two legged game, and its far from over.

We proved our point that we are easily their superiors, and we'll show it - again - in the 2nd leg.

hell i'm going to be bitter, i'm not having it, we should have done better in the last third, and give them a good beating, lucky B*****ds!!!!

hell i'm going to be bitter, i'm not having it, we should have done better in the last third, and give them a good beating, lucky B*****ds!!!!

Don't worry about it mate, we'll do them second leg.

We've proved that they aren't good enough for our league, now its time to prove they aren't good enough for Europe.

I'm more confident after the game that Rovers will go through than I was before.

Yeah be bitter, but it wont change the result.

You know what the headlines will say

'CELTIC WIN BATTLE OF BRITAIN'

ARRRGGGGHHH!!!

Or "Celtic Commit Biggest Robery Since Ronnie Biggs"

I am absolutely sick. If you ever had to look for an example of underserved victory this is it. We murdered them at their own ground.

Ok so they defended alright but they got the rub of the green and we were undone by one mistake. Thats the price of not taking your chances at this level.

We were definatley over playing, to think of all the stick I get when I play football for shooting on sight, SHHHOOOOOOOOOT dammnit!!

It's a shame because we played so well until we got to the penalty box. the 1-0 win we deserved would have said volumes to the rest of the world about our team.

We can't ask any more from the team. Eventually they will learn to get that cutting edge. Everyone played well and they will undoubtedly be as frustrated as we are.

If Celtic play like that at Ewood the scoreline will be embarrassing. Why do I get the feeling it's just not going to happen for us?

Here's hoping to a fit again Duff, Jansen and Cole and we tear them apart at home.

Dont be bitter be so very proud that we have a GREAT team to support.We were absolutely fantastic from start to finish apart from the crucial moment .I`ve said all week that man-for-man we are the better side.Yorke was different class and Thompson was man of the match.Iam just so pleased the nation could see what we see each week.How many teams go to Celtic and outplay the Hoops?Im not bothered if we go through or not I am just so proud that I have seen my team that I have watched since 1955  give a performance like that.Souness you are a great manager.

I'm having the same feeling deft.

My dad was sitting here with me saying 'Don't worry, if Celtic score it'll be lucky. Blackburn have got this'

*sigh*

I don't wanna go to work tomorrow. Even though i kept my mouth shut all day i still don't want to face them sodding villa fans.

BobbyZee

Dont be bitter be so very proud that we have a GREAT team to support.We were absolutely fantastic from start to finish apart from the crucial moment .I`ve said all week that man-for-man we are the better side.Yorke was different class and Thompson was man of the match.Iam just so pleased the nation could see what we see each week.How many teams go to Celtic and outplay the Hoops?Im not bothered if we go through or not I am just so proud that I have seen my team that I have watched since 1955  give a performance like that.Souness you are a great manager.

*claps*

Fair point to make. We did very well and played great against a 'giant' in Scotland.

BobbyZee

Anyway, i'm going to bed. I'm gonna refuse to watch TV tomorrow and then i'll probably forget about it until i actually reach work.

Oh roll on Blackburn - Villa

BobbyZee

Mate don't worry. Hold your head up high. We were tremendous. Be proud.

Absolutely gutted.

Should and could have won by atleast 2-3 goals. We were just too slow in the deciding moments infront of goal. But nevertheless, great football, everyone played well although doeasn't the game remind you of the one against Boro this season?

Have to say that I'm abit worried that Celtic will come down to Ewood, defend with the whole team and then strike us against the play and score that important (x2) away goal.

Well done to the Blackburn supporters who were at the game for making themselves heard!!

BobbyZee I wouldn't worry about the Villa fans. They aren't in Europe and have absolutely no chance of getting there. They can't even fill their own ground in a massive city like Birmingham.  They play backward out dated football directed by a relic like Graham Taylor.

We might have lost tonight but if I was a Villa fan I would rather face Celtic than the Rovers.

I feel more like we we're mugged there than I did at the Boro game.  Definately the better side but we just didn't have it in the final 1/3.  I don't think Duff was really fit but should be for 2nd leg.   An away goal would have been nice but 0-1, we can still win this tie

First time I've heard Celtic Park so quiet in a lonnnnggg time, I could hear our fans clearly.  Show's how a lot of people under unestimated us.  People will take notice of Rovers now, we showed just how good a team we are especially recently Newcastle, Arsenal and now Celtic depsite the result

Bring on the Villa...and the 2nd leg

"Haven't seen the game yet but will do as soon as it arrives in my postbox... "

i am just recording over mine now, i never watching that again, it amazing that i am @#/? off from out classing CETLIC in EUROPE, when 3 years ago i was watching Blackburn in the nationwide div 1 struggling, but hey thats football, have to say what a hell of a team we have now some really class players, some of Thompson's skills were "like watching Brazil", and Tugay best game EVER in my opinion. Just that something special missing up front 2nite but there is competition up there now so they are going to have to produce the goods.

Ah yes. The BBC says 'Larsson sinks Rovers' but it also says 'Celtic were on the back foot for much of the match against a side set up superbly by former Rangers boss Graeme Souness.'

Credit were credit's due.

It's a narrow lead and as they say 'It's not over till it's over'...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.