BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Celtic Tickets

Modi

It's a rum do alright.  3000 is not that much for such a big game, especially when you consider that out ticket allocation for the Southampton away game is 2370!  I wouldn't have been able to make it to Glasgow anyway - haven't got any time left to take off work this year , plus I can't afford it!  I'll be going to the Arsenal, Southampton and Chartlon away games though - and I've just noticed (delight, delight) that the Charlton tickets are only 15 quid for adults - bargin!

Ste :-)

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like some people have already said, I am dissapointed that the club have done nothing for those season ticket holders who go home and away week in week out, I think it would be a massive injustice if anyone in this catergory dosen't get a ticket for the away game.

As for the home game I think it was inevitable what has happened, whether that is right or wrong I don't know.

Like some people have already said, I am dissapointed that the club have done nothing for those season ticket holders who go home and away week in week out, I think it would be a massive injustice if anyone in this catergory dosen't get a ticket for the away game.

As for the home game I think it was inevitable what has happened, whether that is right or wrong I don't know.

From what Lee has said, they have done something for season ticket holders who went to sofia, which i'd say is pretty fair considering. (OZ - I'd say over 500 went, and 400 would be season ticket holders at a guess).

Well that was a hard week to ten days of negotiation then.

"We're giving you the minimum 5%. Now bugger off."

"Sounds great to us. Would you like over 25% of our ground?"

Agree with everything Paul says.

The Club have allowed themselves to be stitched up big time by Celtic.

IF Celtic were being awkward and only offering the minimum 5% then we should have offered them the same amount.  

And unless my maths has gone to cock 2,800 is most definitely not 5% of 60,000 anyway.

Yet again a lazy short term "let's maximise income on the night" outlook from the Club. If we want to expand the fan base for the long term you have to give Blackburn people the opportunity to see the big games. Unfortunately these are the ones people want to see, not Southampton and Charlton.

Being there to see Rovers beat Celtic would be worth fifty "hearts and minds campaigns"

As someone else said we have to TRY and start selling to Rovers fans for big games. Otherwise if we just automatically assume we won't the fan base will never grow much beyond it's current level.

As far as criteria are concerned there should also have been something to reward the regular traveller. A person who hasn't been away for 20 years now has as much chance as the person who hardly ever misses an away match.

Andy C

I agree with you on this and feel the club should have offered only the top or bottom of the darwen end with the option for more dependent upon our sales. Its quite obvious that the club could not do anything about the away tickets but if Celtic refused to budge - why couldn't we on their allocation.

Forget the Man City debacle - if as many people are as interested as they make out to be and are already on the Rovers DB then there shouldn't be too much of a problem selling the tickets to genuine home fans. This game is totally different to the Man City game, in that there is interest for both parties in both games and is a sort of '1 off ' so any infiltration should probably be at a minimum, as long as Rovers fans get their arses in gear and get their tickets bought.

Considering all the commercial jargon coming from the club about attracting more people,  and as Andy C says, you would have thought this would have been the ideal opportunity for the club to build upon, the club appear to have failed miserably on this account.

However, as what has already been said, even in the big games in the Premier we have not sold out even though we have given most or all of the Darwen end to the opposition, and a decsion needed to be taken . As I have said before, whatever the decision was there was always going to be a section of fans who are not happy.

Still think priority should have gone too the fans who made the effort to go to Sofia  s/t holders or not, as they gave their commitment, even though the club didn't appear to be showing theirs.

As SteB rightly says though - how many will be going to the Southampton game - this is an away game also.

We could have TRIED to sell out Ewood Park and just give Celtic 1500. We COULD have offered 1500 tickets with an option on another 6500. We COULD have told the home support exactly what the position was, we could have let ST holders buy extra tickets. We COULD have down a lot of things in plenty of time to find out the REAL demand but no....

.....same old story, most attractive (biggest?) home fixture for years and the club won't take the opportunity to TRY and sell the tickets, to TRY and BUILD the supporter base. Just think of all those kids who could have said "I was there the night we beat Celtic".

I am desperatley disappointed with the club on this issue. JW really needs to come out with a considered statement instead of hiding behind trhe usual facts and figures.

We cut the price for Walsall to try and attract a crowd and then we give away the biggest ticket selling opportunity in years. The Walsall game should have been bundled with Celtic. Some sort of offer COULD have been worked out...but the club are just too idle ands apathetic to bother with thinking about this.

It's a complete disgrace and I for one want JW to come out and tell us the truth. Blackburn Rovers really do know how to push to the limit...time after time.

We'd have another Man City situation on our hands if the club did anything like you suggest Paul.

But you are always welcome to ask to have a meeting with John Williams to explain your views, he often sees fans down at the ground.

I'm getting a bit sick of the "man city" excuses. Christ, how many other clubs give away one quarter of their home tickets in top european games?

Well?  I'm waiting.  A prize for the first correct answer.

The prize hasn't been claimed yet.

Celtic chairman: "Oh mister Williams, you can have 2800 tickets. A lot of your supporters will have difficulty seeing, and some of them probably wont be able to see at all. By the way , you will be giving us the standard 1500 tickets will you?"

J.W: ", Thanks very much. As far as your allocation, well we thought about giving our own supporters the option first, but then we thought, oh to #### with it, you can have 8000. We can be sure that you can sell your 8000, so what's the use in messing around? By the way, the views are all excellent! See you in a couple of weeks."

The way I feel at the moment, They can stick their uefa cup up their bums. Both legs!

Basically, the club has taken the easy way out. Flogging 8,000 tickets to Celtic fans is a no-brainer, getting 28,000 Rovers fans in the ground requires hard work and persistence.

The disappointing thing is that

1. Rovers will never ever increase the fans base long-term by making expedient short-term decisions such as this. I'm sure there are thousands of fans  (me and three of my friends for a start) who would love to go to this match but will now be unable to.

2. 8,000 tickets is not going to satisfy the Scottish hordes. They are a desperate lot who will find any way to get a ticket into Ewood and I think we will have a Man City situation on our hands even if we had given them 20,000 tickets.

All in all, the wrong decision by the club, and yet again, it has taken them twice as long as the opposition (as at Cardiff) to let supporters know what is happening.

It's like the Worthy Cup final - where've they all gone ?  30,000 of them and I bet there's 5,000 who haven't been to a game since.

The next big game is the Celtic match. These "5000" may well fancy another trip to watch their club. So what do Rovers do? Well they don't even give them the option to come and watch.

Its nothing short of a disgrace for us to give Celtic the entire Darwen end.

"Get behind the club / Support your home town team" - no sorry we're not giving you the option - here you go Celtic 8000 tickets for you - and please don't sit in our home areas will you.

Sorry - this doesn't wash. Celtic fans will try and buy tickets in home areas - as others have mentioned, they've a large fanatical following. But for Rovers to not even try selling these tickets to their own fans first is diabolical.

Give Celtic 3000. Maybe we won't sell all the tickets in the home ends. If we don't, let them have more tickets.

Am I making things too simple here? Why can't the club use this database they've built up to ensure that the tickets are going to the correct people. Why couldn't fans buy tickets on production of a utility bill showing that they're from the Blackburn area.

Make a big point - if fans buy tickets for the wrong areas they'll be kicked out. If season ticket holders sell tickets to Celtic fans - ban them.

If the club is able to eject Rovers fans for standing up then I'm sure they'll have no problems in ejecting fans for being in the wrong area of the ground.

I too am sick of hearing about the Man City game of a few seasons back. This is a totally different proposition. Any Rovers fan worth his/her salt would love to watch this game. The club must give people the chance.

Sorry to put a spanner in the works but not all rovers fans live in blackburn, sorry if that comes as a bit of a shock to you.....

Well thanks for stating the bleeding obvious but I'm sure that you understand the point I'm trying to make.

There has to be a way of getting tickets to Rovers fans irrispective of where they live.

What do you propose?

We're all @#/? off about the same thing here. Its an absolute joke to be given 3000 tickets. There is absolutely no way all fans are going to be kept happy.

You ask what I would propose, Season ticket holders who went to Sofia, Other fans who went to Sofia, and season tcket holders who travel away should be guarenteed a ticket. After that it has to go down to ticket stubs.

The club has definately made a huge mistake with this. They have treated this game like a big league game but it is not, we will (hopefully) play the likes of Liverpool and the Mancs twice a season but how often do we get the opportunity to play Celtic, once in a blue moon....

This debate will go on and on....

Don't know what the fuss is about the home game.  Any Rovers fan who wants a ticket will be able to go.  As long as you're on the database.  It's just too risky promoting it as a match to attract "new" supporters, as it's obvious a lot of these places would be taken up by Celtic fans, or even worse, ticket touts look for a fast buck.

No, my gripe is with the away match.....

The fact is that those fans who travel to watch Rovers on a regular basis, and attend every cup home game as well, have as much chance of going to the Celtic game as a first time season ticket holder who’s never seen Rovers away does.

And all this talk about those committed fans will be the first in the queue on Monday.

Well, correct me if I’m wrong but how difficult is it to get a Rovers ticket at an away match these days?  It ain’t difficult at all.  So I don’t see a correlation between forking out hundreds of pounds to watch Rovers at Middlesbrough, Birmingham, Man City etc and having an ability to get up in the morning and queue up in the rain for a couple of hours.

And incidentally, this has nothing to do with me, as I’m not a season ticket holder and haven’t been to all those games above.  I would, if I could, but that’s another matter.

Still, got a great chance of getting Celtic tickets now though.

I think the funniest thing is that rovers really think that 2800 tickets will be enough. Tom Finn is quoted on the official site as saying that after looking at away support in the prem they think all fans who want a ticket will get one.

I think the funniest thing is that rovers really think that 2800 tickets will be enough. Tom Finn is quoted on the official site as saying that after looking at away support in the prem they think all fans who want a ticket will get one.

I guess thats a fair point.

Apart from Cardiff and Liverpool in 1995 thats the benchmark figure in recent years.

What is funny is JW thinking that those S/T holders who want a ticket will get one.

Excuse me but do we not have 16000 S/T holders -  simple maths - 16000 into 2800 does not go!!

Scenario BRFC ticket office -

1st in line - S/T holder never been to an away game for over ten years

2nd in line - s/t holder never been to an away game for five years

etc etc

2801 in line - S/T holder been to every away game since year dot except Sofia because ......- Sorry Sir/Madam - we have sold out.

I have a S/T and went to Sofia, and if as Lee states we are guarranteed a ticket if we hand in a postal application on Saturday I am lucky,but I feel sorry for the S/T holders who didn't go or couldn't make it to Sofia and have away stubs as you are now in a queing or telephone lottery.

What is funny is JW thinking that those S/T holders who want a ticket will get one.

Excuse me but do we not have 16000 S/T holders -  simple maths - 16000 into 2800 does not go!!

Scenario BRFC ticket office -

1st in line - S/T holder never been to an away game for over ten years

2nd in line - s/t holder never been to an away game for five years

etc etc

2801 in line - S/T holder been to every away game since year dot except Sofia because ......- Sorry Sir/Madam - we have sold out.

I have a S/T and went to Sofia, and if as Lee states we are guarranteed a ticket if we hand in a postal application on Saturday I am lucky,but I feel sorry for the S/T holders who didn't go or couldn't make it to Sofia and have away stubs as you are now in a queing or telephone lottery.

A very good point Cpt Kayos.

Why reward individuals who were lucky enough or able to get to Sofia.

What about those who travelled abroad during the last European campaign but couldnt get to Sofia?

Season ticket holders who go to AWAY games! There's about 500 who go to all games!

And you all couldn't be further from the truth about the 'phone calls' between Rovers and Celtic  :unhappy:

Lee if you're still on the board what is the procedure for the home leg?

Tickets do not go on sale until just seven days before the game apparently.

1) Is there any priority for season ticket holders?

2) Do they then go on open sale to Rovers Fans.

3) Are the rumours about Celtic having  an extra option in addition to the Darwen End true?

Season ticket holders who go to AWAY games! There's about 500 who go to all games!

And you all couldn't be further from the truth about the 'phone calls' between Rovers and Celtic  :unhappy:

Lee if you're still on the board what is the procedure for the home leg?

Tickets do not go on sale until just seven days before the game apparently.

1) Is there any priority for season ticket holders?

2) Do they then go on open sale to Rovers Fans.

3) Are the rumours about Celtic having  an extra option in addition to the Darwen End true?

I'd love to know where all these rumours come from!

Details for the home leg are announced tomorrow, with the intention that they will go on sale next Thursday, which is the normal three weeks before the game.

And as per norm:

Priority to season ticket holders, followed by Rovers fans who fulfill whatever criteria is next (I don't work in the ticket office and I don't have that information to hand)

They won't go on open sale thats for sure.

Celtic to NOT have any more options if they sell their allocation.

OOPS Sorry, disregard points 1 and 2 it's seven days before first leg, 21  days before second.

After all the guff in recent seasons though about giving up the entire Darwen End for segregation purposes I trust there's no question of Celtic having an additional option.

Because,I cannot believe Jack would have allowed Celtic to shaft us in the manner they have, with their ticket allocation.2,800,with 900 of those"very restricted viewing".Can I ask you a few questions Mr Williams.On your way back from Glasgow earlier this week,did you have happy ,contented smile on your face,happy that you had achieved what is best for the Rovers fans?Can you name any other club in the country,other than Woking who would have accepted a shafting like this?Are you aware,that this is the biggest game we have played in for years?And finally,when was the last time you took a long holiday Mr Williams?Celtic have shafted you,and you have shafted us.A D I O S .

Given they way we have just rolled over, did Brfc actually need to send representatives on a juncket to glasgow.

A telephone call would have done

Jw : What about ticket allocation for our supporters.

Celtic : You can only have 3000 of the worst seats in the house, UEFA regulations I'm affraid.  Oh and by the way if you don't give us 20,000 tickets for the second leg our supporters will take over the ground and terrorise your fans !

JW  : OK then.  Anything else, just give us a call.

I'm affraid we go no further in this competition !!

i dont know if its been asked in previous posts but why sell them on a bloody monday morning when people are at work?????personally ive just returned to work after a month on sick ,so how the #### i get down on monday is a no go!

To only get such a small allocation and restricted view is a disgrace and Im tempted to get a ticket and sell it on cash my seoson ticket in and go watch the Broncos.

PAY THE TICKET OFFICE STAFF OVERTIME AND OPEN ON SUNDAY !!!

Yeah and I am one of them, without wanting to do the maths I fork out a #### of alot of money to travell to watch rovers, I think that this should give you some sort of guarantees.

Now I may be worried about nothing, as the demand for away tickets is yet to be seen, but like I have said before, I will be very angry if I don't get a ticket.

Agree totally with Cpt Kayos.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.