Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

tickets !!

1864roverite

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RB

God knows what people on here would say if we were getting the 6,000 attendances of the 70's, early 80's.

Them were great days, Saturday 3pm kick off, parking next to the ground, cheep beer, walk straight in to the ground, being able to get back to Ossy without traffic jambs at Guide, standing behind Jim Smith in the Enclosure giving him a load of abuse, swimming throught the urine in the 1 stall loe, getting soaked from the overflowing gutters, getting verbal and physical abuse from travelling supporters, no tv coverage except if we played in the cup.

When you've experienced the "good old days" you are greatfull for every moment of glory, sometimes we forget that thanks to Uncle Jack we have come a long way, in a short period of time.

Well said RB. The problem is not many were there at that time or they have short memories!

....If you read my post properly it says that my mates bought tickets last season but not yet this season therefore the ticket office will not allow them to buy a ticket for the celtic game!.........

Baz, I wasn't having a go at you........and the point is if a fan bought tickets LAST SEASON he/she still qualifies....don't think you read my reply :)

Try telling that to the girl in the ticket office...are you right or is she?

Dunno is the answer but I hope your right and there is still tickets left!

I reckon the problem lies with the enormous amount of clubs in the North West, Preston, Bolton, Dingles, Bury, Blackpool Oldham, Maccfld all nearby and remember two of the biggest clubs in the world - Liverpool and Man Ure are an easy hours drive away. Supporting your local team is happening less and less these days now you can watch any prem team of your choice on the box.

We should be satisfied with the level of support but an increase in the volume wouldnt go amiss!

:rover: there are still tickets left today,i am at a loss over this fact.where as a club do we go from here?

Don't forget that the ticket office are refusing to sell tickets to rovers fans. What do you expect?

Celtic didn't refuse their fans tickets, did they?

Anyone who wants to go who isn't on the database.

Price will also have had some effect. Two friends of mine who are S/T ticket holders in JW upper and who were looking at £32 each for their tickets didn't even consider purchasing a ticket given they could watch it for free at home /in the Pub.

Strangely in my view they did however go to Walsall because it was a tenner. If I'd absolutely had to pick and choose I would have done it the other way round.

:rover: ah the database,the problem is 90% of 1st time buyers for the celtic game would be potential touts.i have said it before and will say it again,it is wrong that there will be empty seats at ewood tomorrow and thousands of celtic fans outside!!

:rover: there are still tickets left today,i am at a loss over this fact.where as a club do we go from here?

Don't forget that the ticket office are refusing to sell tickets to rovers fans. What do you expect?

Only Rovers "fans" who never went last season or this, even to Cardiff.  Shame.

:rover: ah the database,the problem is 90% of 1st time buyers for the celtic game would be potential touts.i have said it before and will say it again,it is wrong that there will be empty seats at ewood tomorrow and thousands of celtic fans outside!!

How many empty seats are we talking? Not so many I wouldn't have thought.

:rover: it is a shock that we have not sold out,after getting the away sale's so wrong.i know there are ticket's left as my mate got 2 this morning,weather there are 200,or 2,000 it is a poor show.just glad we gave them the whole of the darwen end.

Only Rovers "fans" who never went last season or this, even to Cardiff.  Shame.

So new fans or former fans who may have fallen off at some point are not to be encouraged?   ???

:rover: i've just been on a celtic site and some girl is selling ticket's from blackburn at £100 a time.

Just imagine how many more of these w*****s there would have been if we had relaxed the ticket restrictions as some people have suggested. By the way Waggy I will mind if some Celtic fan is sat next to me; much rather an empty seat.

....If you read my post properly it says that my mates bought tickets last season but not yet this season therefore the ticket office will not allow them to buy a ticket for the celtic game!.........

Baz, I wasn't having a go at you........and the point is if a fan bought tickets LAST SEASON he/she still qualifies....don't think you read my reply :)

Try telling that to the girl in the ticket office...are you right or is she?

Dunno is the answer but I hope your right and there is still tickets left!

Sorry Baz only just noticed this - all the club announcements state season 2001/02 and season 2002/03.

Take you mobile and play the record TO announcement to the young lady! That is what it says.

For those of you who haven't yet got a ticket, don't forget that there are no tickets on sale on the day of the game.

RB, define "a few"

thanks

Lee

Go on then you tell me, my psychic powers aren't up to scratch today.

:)

I would define "a few" as up to about 500 bearing in mind tickets haven't gone on open sale. If there are more than that has there been any mention in the local press advising people that there are still tickets available AND reminding them they can apply if they are on the database?.

Can't say I've seen any but then I haven't been looking particularly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.