BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Celtic Home Predictions

Ste B

Hmmmm......Extremely difficult to predict. Despite some of the comments on Celtic after the first leg, I think both sides are pretty evenly matched.

It's almost like an old firm game in terms of predictions.

I'll take a guess at an exciting 2-2 draw....with the Celts going through thanks to the lucky first leg win.

...and I'll be there to see it !!! yessss !!

Hail Hail !!!  :D

I'm not too optimistic about this one as I am also one of those who think that we blew our chances in Scotland and may have used up our luck for the season against Arsenal and Southampton. Southampton was daylight robbery, might I add.

At a guess, Rovers 1 Celtic 1 on the night.

WHAT REALLY ANNOYS ME ABOUT A FEW OF YA IS U WHINGE WHINGE WHINGE WHEN WE HAD NO STRIKERS (LAST SEASON) THEN WHEN WE SIGN TWO OF THE BIGEST AND BEST THIS LEAGUES EVER SEEN U SLAG EM OFF EVERY CHANCE U GET. THE COMMENTS LIKE POWDER PUFF ATACK AND WE HAVE NO FOWARDS R ABSLOUT B*LLOCKS. WEVE GOT THE BEST SELECTION OF STRIKERS IN THE LEAGUE APART FROM ARSENAL. COLE, JANSEN, YORKE ALL IRREPLACABLE IN ANY TEAM(LOOK AT MAN U W/OUT COLE YORKE) JANSENS CLASS-WE ALL KNOW THAT. THEN WE'VE GOT GRABBI,7M ITALIAN WHOS SCORED 3 AND AS A 4TH CHOICE IS PRETTY DAMN GOOD, AND 5T CHOICE EGIL WOULD BE ALOT OF TEMS 2ND MAN. SO THINK BACK2  BENT, BLAKE, DAVIES, WARD (18M WORTH 0F 'TALENT') B4 U SLAG OF 14M WORTH OF JANSEN COLE YORKE.

WHAT REALLY ANNOYS ME ABOUT A FEW OF YA IS U WHINGE WHINGE WHINGE WHEN WE HAD NO STRIKERS (LAST SEASON) THEN WHEN WE SIGN TWO OF THE BIGEST AND BEST THIS LEAGUES EVER SEEN U SLAG EM OFF EVERY CHANCE U GET. THE COMMENTS LIKE POWDER PUFF ATACK AND WE HAVE NO FOWARDS R ABSLOUT B*LLOCKS. WEVE GOT THE BEST SELECTION OF STRIKERS IN THE LEAGUE APART FROM ARSENAL. COLE, JANSEN, YORKE ALL IRREPLACABLE IN ANY TEAM(LOOK AT MAN U W/OUT COLE YORKE) JANSENS CLASS-WE ALL KNOW THAT. THEN WE'VE GOT GRABBI,7M ITALIAN WHOS SCORED 3 AND AS A 4TH CHOICE IS PRETTY DAMN GOOD, AND 5T CHOICE EGIL WOULD BE ALOT OF TEMS 2ND MAN. SO THINK BACK2  BENT, BLAKE, DAVIES, WARD (18M WORTH 0F 'TALENT') B4 U SLAG OF 14M WORTH OF JANSEN COLE YORKE.

:withstupid:

Flopse, I don't agree with the sentiment.

Sorry to be so negative about this, but;

Cole, probably the pick of the bunch.

Yorke, virtually given to us by United, and even 13+ games in still hasn't linked up well with Cole.

Matty, can't wait for him to return,although I'm worried that the fall may have affected him too much.

Grabbi, enough written on that subject already,

Ostenstad, not bad recently, but how many offers have we had ?

Just because the strikers we had before were awful, doesn't make the present crew great.

I just don't know where the goals are going to come from, Duff and Tiny probably.

:unhappy:

AS so cole yorke and jansen arecrap yea? your one of the 'supporters' who lick there lips when wesign big names, not cos they might just do well, but cos you can slag em off, 'not giving there all for rovers' ect... whos the guy whos got the 'form is temporary class is perniment' signature, cos thats very true... who adopted you anyway?? ???

AS so cole yorke and jansen arecrap yea? your one of the 'supporters' who lick there lips when wesign big names, not cos they might just do well, but cos you can slag em off, 'not giving there all for rovers' ect... whos the guy whos got the 'form is temporary class is perniment' signature, cos thats very true... who adopted you anyway?? ???

Where did he say they were crap?

Sod it, I'm due a yellow card.

Listen Cretin, I only give a valid response to those who deserve it, those who regularly contribute to this board with a basic understanding of grammar, and who can construct a basic sentence.

My post wasn't designed to 'slag em off' as you so eloquently put it, but to point out our obvious frailty up front. I have stated previously on this board that I was willing to hope (with everything crossed) that Cole and Yorke would eventually find the spark they had at United. Thus far, and with the number of games in double figures, it hasn't happened. By your rationale I want our players to be rubbish so that we can lose matches ?!

Make the post relevant please, or just visit as a guest. That will give you more time to sleep with your cousin, you hillbilly colostomy bag gargler.

Well, that was certainly a personal insult. Mods - can I have my yellow badge please ?

Sod it, I'm due a yellow card.............

:laugh:  :laugh:

Sod it, I'm due a yellow card.

Listen Cretin, I only give a valid response to those who deserve it, those who regularly contribute to this board with a basic understanding of grammar, and who can construct a basic sentence.

My post wasn't designed to 'slag em off' as you so eloquently put it, but to point out our obvious frailty up front. I have stated previously on this board that I was willing to hope (with everything crossed) that Cole and Yorke would eventually find the spark they had at United. Thus far, and with the number of games in double figures, it hasn't happened. By your rationale I want our players to be rubbish so that we can lose matches ?!

Make the post relevant please, or just visit as a guest. That will give you more time to sleep with your cousin, you hillbilly colostomy bag gargler.

Well, that was certainly a personal insult. Mods - can I have my yellow badge please ?

Excellent riposte sir.

The prime benefit of a good education: the ability to communicate a better class of insult.

Do my eyes deceive me? Is Peter Q back????? Baby Jesus and the orphans!!!!

I was just thinking about starting a "Whatever happened to Peter Cucumber?" thread just the other day, glad I don't have to now!

Welcome back Peter, I trust that if Rovers were to do the impossible and dump Celtic out tomorrow you will document it in glorious song? Please say you will!

Well this is the grand day. How's everyone feeling now?

Although I'll only be seeing the game in a pub in Oslo with a bunch of Celtic and Rovers fans, there will be plenty of nerves and tension! I dreamt about the game last night, and now it feels like we're going to lose to a defensive, counter attacking, stubborn Celtic... 0-1 and 0-2 on agg. :(

How's everyone feeling FANTASTIC!!....and I've got £5 on Thommo at 12/1 to score the first goal, might just have to put £5 on Dunny in case we get a penalty.

I think we are going through.........

Some more predictions (from The Press And Journal):

Former Blackburn Rovers striker Duncan Shearer last night tipped Celtic to progress to the next round of the UEFA Cup at his old club's expense.

The Caley Thistle assistant manager believes Martin O'Neill's men will prove too strong for their English opponents tonight in a game which has divided opinion among football experts.

Shearer said: "I think Celtic will win 2-1 down at Ewood Park tonight.

"Going by the first leg, everyone would naturally tip Blackburn to go through but I feel Celtic will score and I don't think Blackburn will be able to get three goals on the night."

Shearer's spell with Rovers was brief but he still keeps a close eye on events at the club.

He said: "I only spent a matter of five or six months at Blackburn before they sold me in the 1992 close season to Aberdeen.

"I was able to help them get up to the Premiership, which they went on to win a couple of years down the line, when I played in the play-offs at Wembley and we beat Leicester City 1-0.

"They ended up replacing one Shearer with another when I moved north. They paid £3.6million for Alan Shearer and sold him for £15million, so it was a reasonably good bit of business for them."

His prediction of a safe passage for Celtic is shared by many in the game.

CRAIG BROWN - Blackburn 2, Celtic 1: The former Scotland manager, now in charge of Preston North End, refused to let his heart rule his head.

He said: "In two-legged ties you normally attack in the away leg and defend at home. However, Blackburn are facing a one-goal deficit and, while I would love to be patriotic and predict a Celtic win in both legs, I think Blackburn will edge it 2-1 on the night and send Celtic through on the away goal rule."

MURDO MACLEOD - Blackburn 2, Celtic 1: The former Celtic midfielder and assistant-manager shares Brown's assessment.

He said: "I think Celtic will lose 2-1 on the night but the away goal rule will see them through. Blackburn are a better football side, as they proved at Parkhead, but they have put themselves under real pressure by criticising Celtic so strongly in the media.

"Although Souness will have his players wound up for the game, I think Celtic will score and that will see them through."

DAVID ROBERTSON - Blackburn 0, Celtic 1: Robertson helped Rangers to victory over Leeds in a European Cup match and expects the Parkhead team to repeat the achievement.

He said: "At Rangers we were being written off by the English press and we went on to win both legs. Celtic have had similar treatment and it will only add to their hunger.

"I played at Blackburn when I was with Leeds and the Ewood crowd isn't too vocal. Celtic supporters will be down in force and they can make it quite intimidating for the home team."

RON YEATS - Blackburn 2, Celtic 0: Yeats knows all about Blackburn's capabilities from his role as Liverpool's chief scout and the exiled Aberdonian expects Rovers to triumph.

He said: "Blackburn have been playing great football in the Premiership, we were fortunate to get a draw at Ewood earlier in the season and it will be difficult for Celtic to get a result.

"Blackburn have some excellent individual players. Damien Duff is very important and I feel Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole have a lot left in their lockers and will start to spark soon."

STEVE PATERSON - Blackburn 1, Celtic 2: The Caley Thistle manager knows what it takes to beat Celtic in a cup competition, but doesn't expect Rovers to succeed.

He said: "I predict Celtic will win 2-1 in Blackburn and go through 3-1 on aggregate. Blackburn probably missed their chance when they played so well but failed to score at Parkhead."

GORDON SMITH - Blackburn 1, Celtic 1: Television and radio analyst Smith is confident the Hoops will score at Ewood.

He said: "I think Blackburn are a fine footballing side and have players good enough to score, but so have Celtic. I predict a 1-1 draw on the night, with Celtic going through, courtesy of Larsson's first-leg goal at Parkhead."

Well this is the grand day. How's everyone feeling now?

Although I'll only be seeing the game in a pub in Oslo with a bunch of Celtic and Rovers fans, there will be plenty of nerves and tension! I dreamt about the game last night, and now it feels like we're going to lose to a defensive, counter attacking, stubborn Celtic... 0-1 and 0-2 on agg. :(

It'll be "Mystic Tchocky" from now on then!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.