BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness must go ?

rover6

We need continuity - even if we were relegated I don't think it would be a good idea to sack Souey (for example, Charlton did not get rid of Curbishley when they went down).

We are also not far off winning a game - we outplayed Glenclerbigli and Charlton and with a little tinkering (tell Emerton and Thommo to play on the wings) then we'll get a result.

And just to remined everyone, when we were relegated a few season ago, we had a bad run of form under Hodgson (partly because of injuries) and he was sacked in October. We had no replacement manager lined up and things got even worse under Brian Kidd's unproven (and crap) management. So unless we've got Sven-Goran Eriksson lined up as a replacement, Souey should stay in charge.

COME ON ROVERS!

jonman105 -

Quoting Sam Dingle's disparaging view of Rovers fans isn't particularly interesting at all, perhaps you would prefer it amongst the beautiful people at Turf Moor?

Whilst I don't hold with the Souness must go campaign, I do doubt some of his tactics and justifications - never took his stronger squad than last season claim too seriously. Like it or not, and regardless of the chain of events immediately prior to their departure, losing David Dunn and Damien Duff is proving costly. The folk who reckon it was an astute financial move fail to appreciate what they actually added to the team.

As supporters we do have to rally round the team, even when we don't rate their attitude and application. Remember, these grim periods always help you appreciate the good times when they come along...one of the particular joys of following Blackburn Rovers is the rollercoaster ride (we're just mid-plummet at the moment!)

We must however remain united (small u!) at these times and not turn on each other in frustration. For the true enemy, I give you S Dingle and his ilk!

So unless we've got Sven-Goran Eriksson lined up as a replacement, Souey should stay in charge.

We already tried that once!

I wonder if message boards at Bolton, Middlesbrough or Leeds are having a similar discussion about the future of their managers. Maybe they're more optamistic than we seem to be...Panic is not the answer at this stage.

Like it or not, and regardless of the chain of events immediately prior to their departure, losing David Dunn and Damien Duff is proving costly.

Agreed - except what choice did we have in their transfers? Dunn had refused to sign a new contract and was generally being a sulky sod. As for Duff, he went when a £17m trigger in his contract was activated and an £18.5 million had been waved in front of him.

So the question is not whether we should have sold these two players, but whether we have brought in enough quality to replace them. At the moment the answer seems not, although I believe it is only a matter of time before they turn it round.

Any new manger would expect to have funds made available in January. This would potentially leave us with several millions of unwanted talent until at least next summer who might then have to be off-loaded at cut prices - we've seen this before. Rovers probably can't afford to take that decision yet and unless or until we reach real crisis levels.

Ah - but neither Megson or Paul Sturrock have needed millions of pounds to succeed. In fact, their managerial careers have blossomed on they're ability to soldier on without dough.

As for Leeds, Boro, Bolton fans not complaining. Apart from Boro, who have a set of fans with pitiful expectations and tremendously blind loyalty to McClaren (where has that got them?) - the others don't have any cash.

Of course they're not complaining - they haven't spent £10 million + on new signings and they EXPECT to be fighting relegation.

Like it or not, and regardless of the chain of events immediately prior to their departure, losing David Dunn and Damien Duff is proving costly.

Agreed - except what choice did we have in their transfers? Dunn had refused to sign a new contract and was generally being a sulky sod. As for Duff, he went when a £17m trigger in his contract was activated and an £18.5 million had been waved in front of him.

So the question is not whether we should have sold these two players, but whether we have brought in enough quality to replace them. At the moment the answer seems not, although I believe it is only a matter of time before they turn it round.

very sensible answer...  :cool:

okay sam I have finally dragged myself up off the floor having read your simple views of Rovers recent successes.

i have just compared your fabulous teams performances against our and guess what ?

Your NOWHERE near us ! Surprised ? You ought NOT to be.

before you spout your drivel consider this.

The currrent division you sit in.

The current average crowd you get.

the current state of affairs in dingleville fc.

The fact that you havent got anywhere near us result wise since the year dot.

in fact just a reminder 5-0 and 2-0 ring a very loud bell :brfc:  :razz:

our cup runs compared to yours ? well I cant even think of any type of run you have had, oh yes did you once make it to round 3 of the lower division sherpa van trophy or have I mixed you up with Scunthorpe ?

As for europe ? Well didnt you play in the Isle of Man recently ? I know you played a friendly at Accrington but really to slate your near neighbours like that without offering any sort of back up for your own team beggars belief but at the same time shows exactly the height of intelligence you have achieved.

Finally as for success. Well it is well known that dingleville fc have won hands down over the past two years the team that concedes the most goals in a particular away game, in fact was it not yourselves who set up that marvellous record of around 19 goals in three away games....... AGAINST ! :razz:

so there you have it a nutshell sammy dear dingle, before you can slag us off get your own team on the same playing field as us and only then can you compare our two clubs.

But just in case your worried, dont be as in your life time it will never happen again at LEAGUE level :razz:

Having thought about it a bit more, I would like to see, any one of , Paul Sturrock (Plymouth), Gary Megson (WBA) or Iain Dowie (Oldham) take the reins at Rovers.

Yes, they would all do well at Division 1 level, but who do you realistically want to take over Rovers in the premiership and attract players of the calibre of Ferguson and Emerton because these managers wont.

We need an American Football approach here I feel.

Sly Stallone to coach Brad ("Where do I stand on corners?")

The bloke off the Sopranos to head the whole thing up - think of him as the "coach"

Someone French as the "defense" coach as they're good at anything but offense, maybe Charles de Gaulle

We need a wingers coach (part-time Tues-Thurs will do) so anyone female will do as they know their wings (was that bird in the tampax ad a good header or what?)

Centre midfield adviser we could have Vinnie Jones, a real talentless clogger who'd sort them out with tactical nous etc

Striker coach - get the chuckle brothers in to advise on how to work in harmony.

Now, this isn't rocket science, it's simple stuff. Obviously the directors don't know squat because we've still got that loser Souness in the post. All they have to do is pick a ####ing massive tombola, fill it with football names, and draw it at random.

It's really that simple. If I wasn't dedicated to the sanitation business, I'd be having a go at that football lark - it's easy, no experience necessary.

We should send a deputation.  :rover:

rover 6

where are you coming from ?

everyone of those 3 have achieved absolutley NOTHING with their current clubs except a wee promotion and then a major struggle ensues.

NOT one of them is a suitable option should the unthinkable happen in respect of MR Souness.

Your opinion is noted but IMO its totally taboo. How do you come to the conclusion that someone like Iain Dowie could improve or manage the currnet Rovers squad ? How could Megson cope with the calibre of player we have when he cannot even manage to cope with average div 1 players ?

They are no better than considering turnip at dingleville could do the Ewood job and that is something that we should never even contemplate ! :brfc:

Please please please think about what it is your saying :razz:

not meant to be offensive to anyone thats why the full words are edited !

It really grates on me that people who DID not or DO not attend the matches sit on their PC's and cream abuse at our club.

look at it from a real supporters perspective and you will see that ALL of us are part of that team.

get a grip and get to the ground to show your support :brfc:  :brfc:

Your argument is equally negative, boring and offensive.

Not eberyone can get to midweek games mate, which REALLY pisses me off when the original fixture was on a Saturday.

Are you not allowed an opinion just because you watched the game on the telly?

As it happens I disagree with the 'sack Souness' argument, but the person who started this thread has every right to do so, whether he/she went to the bloody game or not!

grf

at no time have I ever said tht a person is not entitled to an opinion.

my simple view is that why is is necessary for all and sundry to have a cheap shot at the club from afar ? I am more than well aware of the fact that not everyone is in a position to attend the game. I know this as I have spent many hours away from home whilst serving in the armed forces and watching from afar, I also know that it is a major hassle getting to midweek games in particular from Scotland etc. I have bben there and done it on many an occasion.

What tripes me is that people are always ready to shout drivel regarding the performance of a player, the team or whatever without really considering any alternative views.

i am extremely passionate about my team and will defend them as best I can like most Rovers fans, what I wont accept is fans shouting abuse, booing on the terraces when quite clearly the opposite is required.

as for some comments on here well the less said the better. Talk is cheap but to give encouragement is a lot easier than finding negative expletives that is IMO :brfc:

It really grates on me that people who DID not or DO not attend the matches sit on their PC's and cream abuse at our club.

look at it from a real supporters perspective and you will see that ALL of us are part of that team.

1864roverite, I'd rather people moaned, talked crap and booed (figuratively speaking of course) on here than did likewise down at Ewood.

Don't want to fall out with you, a fellow Rovers fan, but what irked me about your post (maybe I'm ultra sensitive or maybe just plain homesick?) was your insinuation that if you didn't/don't go to games you are not a real supporter (as highlighted in your quote).

Some of the poor sods dotted around the world probably...nay definitely...support Rovers with more passion than a lot of those with season tickets.

Back to football, I blame the loss of the three D's for our struggles this season-Duff, Dunn and Dizzy (in that order), we have no creativity or width without them IMHO

thats an insinuation on your behalf that is WRONG my fellow Blue and White. It was never meant to sound like that.

Blaming the loss of Dunn and Duff ? well in some quarters you may be right, you may also be wrong.

as for the other D - dizzy ? I could never agree with you on that. With a right atitude and on his good days he was half decent, unfortunately this young man has another thing on his mind when he picks up his monthly wage, its certainly not football

:sleep:

as for falling out ? well I dont know you on a personal basis, and by the sound of it you are a scot or exiled Englishman, so falling out is neither an option nor is it something I would have the time for as I am too busy at work, too busy with my blue and white hobby, too busy with the kids and the dog and then theres a Mrs Roverite to consider, this of course coming after my habit of beer tasting !  :brfc:

i dont fall out with anyone except her indoors :brfc:

well ive waited until now to come on knowing what to expect,rover6 youve named all but 2 managers in england to replace soey ,the only thing you have not suggested is the freaking rabbit and roar.

roveritewazza,I didnt boo at full time i shouted GET OFF THE PITCH YOU OVERPAID FFACE BUNCH OF TOSSERS !!!!!!!

I honestly think that was the worse performance and atmosphere since bobby saxton was in charge .cole up front on his own ??baffled me.

radio rovers...... ??? no offence nat but they should turn that studio into a padded cell ...they said it was a good game and we played well??

souness ?we got mugged??no we were #####.

sam dingle????HOW MANY GOOD RESULTS HAVE YOUR BAND OF CHIMPS HAD .....LETS SEE  IT USALLY GOES ALONG THE LINE OF BUMLEY 0 OR 1 V SOME CRAP 3,4,5,6,7.

SO GO MUNCH ON A BANNANA OR YOUR SUCK YOUR BROTHERS TOE OR WHATEVER YOU BANJO PLAYING INBREADS DO FOR FUN........SQUEAL LIKE PIG WEEEEEEEEEE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WEEEEEEEEEEEE

My faith in Souey is dropping slightly but we have to keep him because no-one else around is better.  Are you seriously suggesting we should risk the future of the club in an unproven manager?  You can point to Moyes all you like but dont forget all those other managers who don't make the step up succesfully.

Having said that, Souness has blown a lot of money.  £13 million or whatever it is and we still need a striker or two, a left midfielder and possibly a young centre back.  He has also adopted the Gerard Houllier style attack - where you have no width, play people on the wrong side and become boring to watch.

Having said that, Souness has blown a lot of money.  £13 million or whatever it is and we still need a striker or two, a left midfielder and possibly a young centre back.  He has also adopted the Gerard Houllier style attack - where you have no width, play people on the wrong side and become boring to watch.

Never thought of it like that.

Now I`m really fed up.

with that in mind would we as rovers fand accept winning the eufa,league cup and fa cup and charity shield next season ?  i think we would take it :sarc:

Of course we would, but we don't have Owen, Hyypia, Gerrard, Kewell etc...

If Souness goes it will be to go to Spurs, he won't be sacked and he will leave because of the stupid chants that followed last night.  I hope those people will be happy when Howard Wilkinson, Glenn Hoddle or George Graham takes us into division one.

radio rovers...... ??? no offence nat but they should turn that studio into a padded cell ...they said it was a good game and we played well??

souness ?we got mugged??no we were #####.

Agree entirely Abbey.

Felt like throwing the radio out of the window. Plus when people started ringing in to say how bad the game was Gerald did his usual trick of butting in and not letting the caller have his say. It's on occasions like these that the station loses all credibility.

I know it's a club station but a modicum of realism is required otherwise there's no point being on air.

As for Souey saying we were "mugged" after both the Fulham and Charlton games I hope that was purely a comment for public consumption designed to avoid players being criticised in public.

If he really does believe that then I'm afraid the game is well and truly up.

comon LC

just where did glenda's name come into the reckoning ? Why on earth would Rovers ever contemplate replacing GS with the son of god !

Okay George Graham is a class act but he is in the same mould as Souness, no better and definately no worse !

howie Wilkinson is in the same world as Glenda, he has NO chance of ever being offered the job even if we were ever relegated to the conference league !

We wont sack GS, he wont leave. He has too much know how and is the right manager for us. No airs and graces and certainly no shrinking violet :brfc:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.