BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rugby world cup final

Blueboy Downunder

he were boasting on how over there they get paid about £70K + a week.

I severly doubt that somehow...

Apparantly they do get paid more than our footballers over here.

Jordan....can you remember what his name was?

having lived out there for 12 years i can tell you that if they did get paid what our footy players get then there would be no such thing as the australian rugby league. even at $70k per week (and not pounds)....i tell you matey no chance the league would be bankrupt. the top players in the league earn about about $400,000k per year...he took the @#/? out of you mate.

ROVERS FOREVER

thats very true blueboy, absolute sh1te the guys was spinning

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jordan....can you remember what his name was?

having lived out there for 12 years i can tell you that if they did get paid what our footy players get then there would be no such thing as the australian rugby league. even at $70k per week (and not pounds)....i tell you matey no chance the league would be bankrupt. the top players in the league earn about about $400,000k per year...he took the @#/? out of you mate.

ROVERS FOREVER

thats very true blueboy, absolute sh1te the guys was spinning

As well, there is an AUD$3.25 million salary cap per club. On 70k pounds a week, a single player would blow the cap in under half the season. Make it AUD, and the same player still blows the cap in under a year. I should know all about salary cap, my club blew it apart the season before last and dropped from heading the competition to last, after losing 34 odd points.

And for those on here who despair at the attitude of some board members not getting behind England, just because it's Rugby... I won't be getting behind the Wallabies.. To me, Union is the mortal enemy, and there is another more important match taking place on Saturday. Go the Kangaroos for the clean sweep against the Lions.

Now... I'll get my coat

In defense of Rugby, it a game that's not populated by a bunch of prancing, overpaid prima-donnas who would rather spend half the game writhing on the deck trying to get fellow professionals sent off than play the game.

I've played the game for the last 25 years and it's a hell of a lot more fun to play than football, especially if you're my size :)

That said I'd still prefer to watch the Rovers playing football than England playing Rugby. Mind you if it was a toss up between England Rugby & England football then the Rugby wins hands down every time.

I've played the game for the last 25 years and it's a hell of a lot more fun to play than football, especially if you're my size :)

Which is why at school the ball players played football and the fat oafs played rugby.

Sounds like they were trying to pull you by impressing you with the size of their (pay) packet.      :oops:

Which is why at school the ball players played football and the fat oafs played rugby.

I thought the only sport when you were at school was Archery :)

I thought the only sport when you were at school was Archery :)

que?

Nah, leagues crap. They just stay in lines, running forward, lookin like a herd of elephants or something. Union is miles better, its a proper game, not a formation

Nowt happens in union!  They just lie about on the floor for half the match.  The only English player who runs anywhere is Jason Robinson - ex league player!

Still, I'll be cheering on the boys - hoping we can finally beat the Aussies at something!

I wouldn't describe Jimbo as either fat or an oaf.

a) becuase he's neither

B) beacuse he's about 6 foot 9 tall

So one assumes the Jim's have met and this is friendly banter ...

I wouldn't describe Jimbo as either fat or an oaf.

a) becuase he's neither

B) beacuse he's about 6 foot 9 tall

So one assumes the Jim's have met and this is friendly banter ...

On the contrary, I haven't got a clue who Jimbo is.

It's just that I can't stand idiotic statements such as "rugby is alot more fun to play than football".

Although to be fair, I don't mind league, it's union I can't stand.

Nah, leagues crap. They just stay in lines, running forward, lookin like a herd of elephants or something. Union is miles better, its a proper game, not a formation

As opposed to "RUN,KICK ,LIFT HIM UP TO CATCH IT,ALL PILE ON,WHISTLE FOR SOME OBSCURE PENALTY,KICK A PEN,KICK AGAIN ALL PILE ON PENALTY FOR GOD KNOWS WHAT ,OH ITS TO FAR WE WILL KICK IT OUT AGAIN?"

Hope they win but union is defo egg chasing.

As opposed to "RUN,KICK ,LIFT HIM UP TO CATCH IT,ALL PILE ON,WHISTLE FOR SOME OBSCURE PENALTY,KICK A PEN,KICK AGAIN ALL PILE ON PENALTY FOR GOD KNOWS WHAT ,OH ITS TO FAR WE WILL KICK IT OUT AGAIN?"

oops i missed kick it out again,lift him up kick it out again

missed stuck up buggers too ie.harry and his free hospitalty packages....bet he didnt queue up early to get his ticket for the final

missed stuck up buggers too ie.harry and his free hospitalty packages....bet he didnt queue up early to get his ticket for the final

How can YOU criticise any form of rugby when you follow the Homosexual American version.

Stop, start, watch it on video, get the coach to look in a play book, spend 14 hours putting on all the soft padding, make the game last 4 hours with no action.

come on folks everyone get behind jonno and the boys and all switch on at 9am on saturday morning. i am hoping that we can give the aussies and especially sydney rovers something to cry for 12 months......"COME ON BOYS"

ROVERS FOREVER

I'm surprised your'e NOT supporting the convicts.

I thought you'd have some allegiance to the Bruce's and Sheila's :oops:

no chance lonibom. born in england and although spending nearly 13 years in australia has never made me not support my home land in favour of the skips!

p.s. lonibom a little less of the smart arse comments regarding bruces and sheilas :D

ROVERS FOREVER

Good for you Blueboy: a refreshing change from the other traitorous, turncoat ex-pats on here. Personally, I wouldn't support an Australian in a game of tiddlywinks.

All we can hope for Saturday is that Good overcomes Evil.

Everyone knows that God is an Englishman so I am sure he will be smiling on the glorious boys in white.

Having said that, rugby really is a pile of doo-dah. After this tournament it will return to its rightful place on the inside sports pages while the national game reasserts its superiority.

jim mk2,

I'll be another of those supposed turn-coats (english person down under) but there is no question that I will be looking for an England win.  

But, I've got to say I can't think of any other team that I would rather came 2nd than Australia, especially if they are playing us!

http://www.pbase.com/octauspics/engvsuruguay/

http://www.pbase.com/novauspics/engvsfrance/

And then its straight out of Telstra Stadium to find a pub to watch Rovers stuff manure down RFW's throat.  I hope!

I've just had a look at the Australian line-up for the first time, and it's just resembles the Queensland Rugby League team of the recent past. I don't think it would be biased to claim that Australia Rugby League's State of Origin series, involving the QRL team, is one of the most exciting forms of football, and in my biased opinion, the pinnacle of both Rugby codes. It is three battles of attrition (ok, two if the series is decided early), played at a lightning pace, with an intense rivalry thrown into the mix. It is no wonder that Sailor, Tuqri, and Rogers are starters in this WC final.

Not a fan of egg-chasing but have to admit that I plan to watch this one, if not for the Pommie/Aussie rivalry (they even beat us at football for goodness sake!  ??? )

Also watched the League egg-chasing ashes games between GB and the Aussies the other day.  Have I gone over to the dark side?  :D

Not a bit of it!

Either way  COME ON ENGLAND!!!  :tu:  :rover:

In defense of Rugby, it a game that's not populated by a bunch of prancing, overpaid prima-donnas who would rather spend half the game writhing on the deck trying to get fellow professionals sent off than play the game.

Have to say that I agree with that. I'm not a huge rugby fan, but I have watched a few games through the world cup and, if nothing else, it does make you realise just how soft some of the footballers really are!

For instance, in the England v Wales games the other week I counted at least three times where a player recieved a knee/boot to the head/face. And they just get up and get on with on it - no rolling around on the floor for 5 minutes waiting for someone to come on and rub it better - no retaliation pushing and shoving. If only premiership footballers could adopt the same attitude then we'd have the perfect game!!!

Australia Rugby League's State of Origin series, involving the QRL team, is one of the most exciting forms of football

IT'S NOT "FOOTBALL" !!!

If it's not a "form of football", what would you say it is then Tris? (too open a question I know. I'm wincing in anticipation)

Australia Rugby League's State of Origin series, involving the QRL team, is one of the most exciting forms of football

IT'S NOT "FOOTBALL" !!!

If it's not a "form of football", what would you say it is then Tris? (too open a question I know. I'm wincing in anticipation)

It's a form of British Bulldogs.

Rolling in to Manchester Piccadily from Liverpool at 8:40.

Straight to the pub for breakfast consisting of several pints of english beer, followed by a rendition of swing low sweet chariot and cheering the boys on to world cup glory.

hopefully getting into manchester around 8ish

anybody any ideas for pubs or even where to get off train

cheer the lads onto victory after we have wiped the floor with the aussies

:D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.