SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

More Trouble At Leeds

stegraham

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P.S. Good to see you are consistent on Scott Carson. I'll have a look next time on CM.

Never played CM in my life Billy so I don't know what that will tell you. As I said at the time if he doesn't do anything in the game then I don't want this mentioned ever again. I wanted everyone to forget I'd even mentioned him in the first place and then look a right smart ar*se in 2010, when I dig out my original post, and he makes a substitutes appearance for Leeds United who'll then be in the Coca Cola Champions League (i.e. The Conference).

I've not forgotten Bobf - shame Blly C beat me to it (been away again for a couple of days).

Anyway what do you mean you haven't played CM -Where've you been mi laddo??

Where do ya think we all get this superior football knowledge from? rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

I played golf with Mark hughes last week. Even he doesn't like Dean Saunders and he is also Welsh.

Death's too good for him.

Golf, with Mark Hughes, Is thy telling porkies?

As it happens it was the week before. Bentley Manchester golf day. He did take a lot of abuse for not being in Portugal.

Anyway what do you mean you haven't played CM -Where've you been mi laddo??

Where do ya think we all get this superior football knowledge from?  rolleyes.gif  rolleyes.gif

Where have I been? I think they call it "having a life" Capt biggrin.gif besides you have a small person to look after now as well I believe. Perhaps you should follow my example and not play such childish games anymore. Other than that I've been spending time on Pro Evo Soccer 3 and posting drivel on here - oh and I went out for a pint the other week. All exciting stuff.

As for "superior football knowledge" on CM - I think you'll find that the info is only as good as the person / people who programme such a game. i.e. rover6.

Have Leeds sold / given away anyone today? Or is it a bit too early yet?

just picked up the interview with Krasner.

any potential deal HAS to include a 25 year lease back to the club in order that they can continue to play at Elland road.

No figures were mentioned by Krasner but the interviewer suggested a deal worth 30 million, met with short shrift and a non repsonse by krasner.

Anyhow 30 million only takes 35% of the total debt away. blink.gif

Elland Road put up for sale

"Leeds chairman Gerald Krasner insists the club's fans have to accept "the financial realities" which have led the board to hold talks for the sale and lease of Elland Road."

The Leeds fans know only too well about the 'financial realities' at the club.

Can they really stave off bankruptcy? Their debts seem to be far worse than any other English club has had. Chelsea were in difficulty before Abramovich came but they were in the Champions League and their ground is on prime real estate (some of the most expensive land in the world around that area) and worth a fortune.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

BBC Five Live have just reported Elland Road is for sale on a lease-back deal. Can it get worse for them?

Anyone who thinks we have reasons to be down in the mouth should just read these headlines change a few names and imagine how we'd all be feeling.  smile.gif

Perhaps most telling among those articles, just from a purely footballing standpoint, is this one: Three on Trial in Sweden

Yup that's right... Leeds are taking Steve Guppy, Brian Deane and our old buddy Craig Hignett on trial during their preseason preparations. Presumably they're there to replace James Milner, Alan Smith and Dominic Matteo, respectively?

Oh how the might have fallen.

BBC Five Live have just reported Elland Road is for sale on a lease-back deal. Can it get worse for them?

Anyone who thinks we have reasons to be down in the mouth should just read these headlines change a few names and imagine how we'd all be feeling.  smile.gif

Perhaps most telling among those articles, just from a purely footballing standpoint, is this one: Three on Trial in Sweden

Yup that's right... Leeds are taking Steve Guppy, Brian Deane and our old buddy Craig Hignett on trial during their preseason preparations. Presumably they're there to replace James Milner, Alan Smith and Dominic Matteo, respectively?

Oh how the might have fallen.

Sorry, don't have the link on this but I remember reading a few weeks ago that Craig had asked to train with Leeds but had been told that although they were happy for him to do so there would not necessarily be a place for him in the squad.

Mark Viduka has claimed that he always gave his all for Leeds.

Some of the Elland Road fans who witnessed the Aussie being sent off twice last season in crucial relegation battles due to his own stupidity, might well disagree with his assessment, especially as last season the striker petulantly stormed off the training ground after spats with the Leeds management.

Signing for Middlesborough a couple of days ago, Viduka said: "I always gave everything for the club in the four years I was there. I was top scorer every year."

(Doesn't say much for Alan Smith does it?)

Interesting that Peter Ridsdale, now with Barnsley, has topped the list of Chairmen paying the most for agent fees in the Nationwide League.

Given Ridsdale's previous extravagances, bringing Leeds to it's knees with over £80m of debt, it seems as if the buffoon still hasn't learnt his lessons. He should have been booted out of football for good after what he did to Leeds.

Such is the mess that he created at the club, Robbie Fowler is being paid £500,000 a year by Leeds up until 2006 even though he's a Man City player, while Robbie Keane still picks up £200,000 a year from Leeds.

Viduka wasn't even owned by the club under a hire purchase arrangement. Leeds still owe £7 million to a loans company for the Aussie striker.

The club had to fork out £4 million in compensation to the sacked David O'Leary, while Venables is due £2 million after he was dismissed.

While Leeds was drowning in a sea of debt, Ridsdale spent £20,000 on tropical fish for a huge fish tank in the boardroom. What a shambles.

One of the few tiny crumbs of comfort Leeds fans have had recently is their draw for the Carling Cup.

In the 1st round, Leeds are paired against Yorskshire rivals Huddersfield, which should at least ensure a decent home gate at Elland Road.

The two clubs haven't played each other for quite a long time. No doubt Jon Stead's old club will be looking forward to playing them, with the travelling Huddersfield fans relishing the prospect of giving Leeds supporters some stick.

Incidentally, Terry Yorath is back now on the coaching staff at Huddersfield, renewing his old partnership with Peter Jackson. Terry was part of the great Leeds team of the early 70's, and is also closely linked with two other Yorkshire sides, Bradford and Sheffield Wednesday, both of which he managed.

Terry has had to cope with quite a bit of tragedy in his life which does put Leeds' financial problems into perspective. He was in charge of Bradford at the time of the 1985 fire, which greatly traumatised him, and later his son, a promising player, died in a tragic accident.

Viduka is a deluded fool, and Boro are welcome to him if he really thinks he gave his all. His constant sniping about moving to a 'big club' whenever the papers link him to Roma or whoever, the many lathargic and disinterested matches and the arguments with the coaches and managers suggest a different story.

• 6 months later...

The Leeds nightmare is returning with a vengeance.

Today it is reported that £7.6m was spent on agents' fees (£900K- not too bad in the circumstances) and wages just to get players away from Elland Road and off the payroll.

Our own Dominc Matteo is one of the beneficiaries which is good news as I had wondered who was paying the old Leeds contract off when he came to Rovers.

More to the point, the Sainsbury consortium have pulled out of negotiations "finally", Ken Bates wanted his £10m to give him 51% but nobody is playing with that particular bundle of fun and a local builder is left as last man standing in takeover/bail out talks with Krasner.

Administration is now very likely. A ten point deduction will see Leeds perilously close to relegation again and with Forest surely likely to mount a charge, quite probable.

Scott Carson will definitely be sold.

I will ask again, are there any promising youngsters still at Elland Road we should go in for? The Leeds Directors must be desperate this morning.

Krasner's comments confirming the threat of administration. This is tantamount to throwing in the towel. Anyone wanting to buy Leeds would rather let an administrator deal with the £25m debts than buy them off Krasner.

The only issue is Championship existance more valuable than life in League1. Frankly no or at least not worth carrying £25m debt for.

Sheff Wed are showing it is possible to get decent crowds in the third division and Man City went from that level to the Prem in two seasons whilst Reading and Sunderland have gone from the third to Premiership play-offs the next season- QPR and Plymouth are both in with a shout of doing that this year.

Terry has had to cope with quite a bit of tragedy in his life ..........  and later his son, a promising player, died in a tragic accident.

Accident ? Don't rely on the Daily Mail for your information.

Daniel Yorath died while playing football with his father in the garden in 1992. Unknown to everyone, he was suffering from cardiomyopathy, a hereditary disease that causes a thickening of the heart muscle.

Daniel, 15, had just signed for Leeds United.

Cardiomyopathy is among the biggest single cause of sudden cardiac death among young people.

The Yorath tragedy was followed by the deaths of Ian Bell, 16, who had just signed for Hartlepool United, John Marshall, also 16, a junior international who died the day after he signed for Everton, and Jason Erics, 17, a member of the Tottenham Hotspur youth team.

More recently, Marc-Vivien Foe, 24, the Manchester City and Cameroon player, died of the condition during a live televised international match in June 2003.

Edited by jim mk2

Terry has had to cope with quite a bit of tragedy in his life ..........  and later his son, a promising player, died in a tragic accident.

Accident ? Don't rely on the Daily Mail for your information.

Daniel Yorath died while playing football with his father in the garden in 1992. Unknown to everyone, he was suffering from cardiomyopathy, a hereditary disease that causes a thickening of the heart muscle.

Daniel, 15, had just signed for Leeds United.

Cardiomyopathy is among the biggest single cause of sudden cardiac death among young people.

The Yorath tragedy was followed by the deaths of Ian Bell, 16, who had just signed for Hartlepool United, John Marshall, also 16, a junior international who died the day after he signed for Everton, and Jason Erics, 17, a member of the Tottenham Hotspur youth team.

More recently, Marc-Vivien Foe, 24, the Manchester City and Cameroon player, died of the condition during a live televised international match in June 2003.

Nice one Jim, I mean don't rip them to shreads about it. Aren't you Jim of the tabloids? Not exactly the most reliable things in print are they.

Its just been confirmed that Ken Bates has bought Leeds for £10m.

Doubt it will be as lucrative as the 1p he spent to buy Chelsea or as much fun given Leeds have been busy exiting the property-ownership business already!

Good luck to Ken Bates and Leeds United.

I know Leeds aren't everybody's favourite club but I hope they get themselves sorted out.

Bates seals £10m Leeds takeover

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.