BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hattrick

I just lost my first game 2-3 at home. My team is full of donkeys, it's really shocking wink.gif Hold on whilst I find my team details.....:

Astley Park FC (61587)

Region: Lancashire

Arena: Astley Park FC Arena

Language: English

Series: # 8 in VI.8

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im addicted to this Hattrick game already! Dynamo Fairbro are flying!

After losing my first game 3v0 Ive managed a draw and four straight wins!

Ive also spent too much on players, if anyone wants a half decent keeper cheap then give me a shout!

Team is FC Dynamo Fairbro (58371)

Up to 6th in series VI.284

thumbs-up.gif

Im addicted to this Hattrick game already! Dynamo Fairbro are flying!

After losing my first game 3v0 Ive managed a draw and four straight wins!

Ive also spent too much on players, if anyone wants a half decent keeper cheap then give me a shout!

Team is FC Dynamo Fairbro (58371)

Up to 6th in series VI.284

thumbs-up.gif

I want a half decent keeper!!! huh.gif

A question about registering. Did you guys enter real addresses and real names? I'm a little bit reluctant to tell you the truth. Also is there any disadvaantage to remaining anonymous once you have registered (ie hiding your name?)

A question about registering. Did you guys enter real addresses and real names? I'm a little bit reluctant to tell you the truth. Also is there any disadvaantage to remaining anonymous once you have registered (ie hiding your name?)

If you have a hotmail address you should remain anonymous. Apparently there is a way for someone to get in and change your hattrick account. As for the addresses, I think they probably sell the info in exchange for letting you play for free.

As for my question, How do you tell what position your guys play?

Grizfoot I think you beat me!! wink.gif

Looks like a thorough read of the site you posted is in need

6-1 biggrin.gif

Thanks for the game, i'm sure next time it will be a bit closer

I can't believe my Goalkeeper scored 2 he's ace

Go to "Current matches".

This should bring up a list of past, present and future fixtures.

Click on the "Orders" link.. which should bring up a 4-4-2 layout with pull down menus for each position.

Simple trick - midfield is of vital important for lower divisions.

I suggest you play a 3-5-2, and put an extra midfielder in the centre-back position, and then select him to play as an 'extra inner midfielder' in the pull down menu.

A question about registering.  Did you guys enter real addresses and real names?  I'm a little bit reluctant to tell you the truth.  Also is there any disadvaantage to remaining anonymous once you have registered (ie hiding your name?)

If you have a hotmail address you should remain anonymous. Apparently there is a way for someone to get in and change your hattrick account. As for the addresses, I think they probably sell the info in exchange for letting you play for free.

You need a real address in case you lose your password and stuff like that, it's best not to use hotmail but if you do you'll remain anonymous automatically, there is no disadvantage to this at all.

Privacy Statement can be found here.

Thanks for the game ChesterRover, close game put i won again 4-3

I can't stop winning biggrin.gif

Good luck with FC Dynamo Fairbro , we'll have to have a re-match sometime.

Edited by grizfoot

what are you guys training at the moment? Also any for a newbie to the game. (keep in mind that i have read the hottrick guide)?

I'm doing playmaking, lost my first match, but winning my friendly. Want to set one up for next week Sam? My ID is 222528.

Also, how do you know what position your bench players play? I'm trying to figure out who my backup keeper is.

Hey american. Sure ill challenge you for a friendly as soon as the deadline has passed (couple of hours). I sincerely doubt i will be much of a challenge though as I only just started and inherited a bunch of muppets. Most are below 25yo though so i shouldn't complain. I have decided to train defenders (just to be different) and have started amassing my trainees. How much cash should i leave in my account after the first week and how much cash will i make on a week by week basis?

team: Supine Rovers

id: 417804

Sam

Hey american. Sure ill challenge you for a friendly as soon as the deadline has passed (couple of hours). I sincerely doubt i will be much of a challenge though as I only just started and inherited a bunch of muppets. Most are below 25yo though so i shouldn't complain. I have decided to train defenders (just to be different) and have started amassing my trainees. How much cash should i leave in my account after the first week and how much cash will i make on a week by week basis?

At the start you'll probably lose money, so I'd leave some money in your account, don't spend it all at once.  Remember young guys train fastest so the younger the better for your defenders.

American

Also, how do you know what position your bench players play? I'm trying to figure out who my backup keeper is.

Not quite sure what you're saying here. You may only have one guy with any sort of keeper skill (I think I had one poor keeper and that was it when I started). Your best bet is probably to pull a keeper from your youth squad or buy an inadequate for $1000 on the market. You should find quite a few of them that are nice and cheap.

Edited by Big A

Sam

At the start you'll probably lose money, so I'd leave some money in your account, don't spend it all at once.  Remember young guys train fastest so the younger the better for your defenders.

American

Not quite sure what you're saying here. You may only have one guy with any sort of keeper skill (I think I had one poor keeper and that was it when I started). Your best bet is probably to pull a keeper from your youth squad or buy an inadequate for $1000 on the market. You should find quite a few of them that are nice and cheap.

A- Thanks, I'll promote.

Sam - I inherited a bunch of muppets, too, but they seem to be improving a bit. Played terrible according to the reports from the friendly, no one over 2 stars, but I still won 3-1. Lost my first league match 0-5, though.

Can you believe that i won my first game beating the second from top team 2-0. I was stoked out of all proportion. I have landed a solid 21 year old keeper who i reckon i can sell for a fair bit more than he's worth. I need a decent centre back though.

Can someone confirm for me that the players you pull out of the youth squad are selected by random chance. That is, they do not exist anywhere else in the game until you pull them out and how good they are depends on how much money you have put into your youth squad. Just find it a little confusing.

Can someone confirm for me that the players you pull out of the youth squad are selected by random chance. That is, they do not exist anywhere else in the game until you pull them out and how good they are depends on how much money you have put into your youth squad. Just find it a little confusing.

That's exactly right. The higher the level of your youth squad the greater chance of a good youth pull (excellent is the highest).

Keepers can be up to solid and between 17 and 22, outfielders can be up to excellent and are 17 and 19.

Generally it's a good idea to sell any good youth pulls you have as they'll be young and therefore valuable as other teams will want to buy them to train them (young guys train quicker than old guys).

Congrats on the win this weekend sam:)

Ive won two league matches in a row just a 5-2 defeat in the middle of them is the bad thing.

looking forward to it American

Come On!!

Match Info

Were I to talk smack now, I'd be quite like the black knight in Holy Grail....

Patience is a virtue

Edited by American

Yo ppls...Feel free to challenge me to a friendly but if you do can you pls send me a msg identifying yourself as a member of the BRFCS board. I seem to be getting a fair few challenges from strangers at the mo.

The mighty Supine Rovers had a 1-0 win despite the fact that i forgot to change the lineup (yes i'm an idiot) and that i sold my two best players, both of whom were starters;

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.