BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hattrick

Yo ppls...Feel free to challenge me to a friendly but if you do can you pls send me a msg identifying yourself as a member of the BRFCS board. I seem to be getting a fair few challenges from strangers at the mo.

The mighty Supine Rovers had a 1-0 win despite the fact that i forgot to change the lineup (yes i'm an idiot) and that i sold my two best players, both of whom were starters;

Sam, I can't get on at work, but challenge me. I'll even come visit!

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo ppls...Feel free to challenge me to a friendly but if you do can you pls send me a msg identifying yourself as a member of the BRFCS board.  I seem to be getting a fair few challenges from strangers at the mo.

The mighty Supine Rovers had a 1-0 win despite the fact that i forgot to change the lineup (yes i'm an idiot) and that i sold my two best players, both of whom were starters;

Sam, I can't get on at work, but challenge me. I'll even come visit!

Have to wait until next Wednesday...I already have a friendly for this week. But i'll be keen then....

Anyone fancy a challenge against me this week just won 8-0 in my league, so i'm on high. All challengers welcome

My Team

Creme Eggs (62121)

Region: Lancashire

Arena: Creme Eggs Arena

Series: # 4 in VI.753

Thanks

THose massive scores almost certainly came against teams that are not being managed anymore. A team has to finish on the bottom of the bottom division (VI in oceania) before it is assigned to a new person so the only way to actually quit is to abandon your team and they will eventually bottom out.

But hey congrats anyway....always good to build team confidence wink.gif .

You can check if the team is being actively managed by clicking on the "More details about owner" link on the clubs webpage and then clicking on the "5 latest logins" link. If they haven't logged in in ages chances are the team is abandoned.

American

Also, how do you know what position your bench players play? I'm trying to figure out who my backup keeper is.

Not quite sure what you're saying here. You may only have one guy with any sort of keeper skill (I think I had one poor keeper and that was it when I started). Your best bet is probably to pull a keeper from your youth squad or buy an inadequate for $1000 on the market. You should find quite a few of them that are nice and cheap.

Found a java based software HERE that tells you what position each player is best suited for. My best player who was a forward had been defaulted as a defender in Hattrick, so I'd recommend using this to help with your lineup. (I ended up selling him for over 300,000 to finance my youth buys.)

Pulled a youth keeper then found a 62,000 rated one for 10,000 when my top guy got injured for a couple weeks.

thanks for the advice big a..........indeed there were many people just like me looking for friendlies. However someone in my div gave me a challenge and i can't pass up the opportunity to spy on his tactics.

Yikes....guess who just found out that you have to pay for plane tickets when you play away friendlies. $12000 just to go and play American! Consequentially i am going to play my A-team (not paying that much to lose) and I fully expect American Rovers will travel down under next week in return biggrin.gif .

Yikes....guess who just found out that you have to pay for plane tickets when you play away friendlies. $12000 just to go and play American! Consequentially i am going to play my A-team (not paying that much to lose) and I fully expect American Rovers will travel down under next week in return biggrin.gif .

Definitely. I'll bring my top team as well, let's get it on!

363 spectators had come to American Rovers Arena this cloudy day. American had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: North - Cornett, Cloutier, Jefferson, Leyva - Morrissey, Manchego, Okeefe, Alonso - Mcconnell, Brito.

Supine tactics involved an interesting 5-4-1 combination. Lineup: Lane - Barlagen, Aujla, Curry, Kaur, Schaffhauser - Martens, Elizondo, Sarumara, Mackenzie - Olatunbosun.

Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of Supine. Aaron Okeefe of American received a yellow card in the 5:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Supine took the lead by 0 - 1 after Keith Lane curved a free kick into the net. American's George Leyva scored 1 - 1 by shooting accurately and hard from a long distance, leaving the opponent goalie no other option than to pick up the ball from the net. Many thought Serapion Manchego ought to have been awarded a penalty shot in the 22nd minute, as he went down trying to circle the visitors keeper Keith Lane. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 1. Supine held the ball, with a clear 55 percent possession rate.

Kihiko Sarumara behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 48:th minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal. Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 62nd minute goal by Jesús Alonso for American, putting them ahead 2 - 1. Rangi Aujla came close to levelling the score in the 69:th minute, as he was set up with a through ball coming in from the left, but his shot hit the post. A header from Jürgen Schaffhauser connected with a corner kick after 83 minutes, and the ball ended up with Kihiko Sarumara of Supine who shot the 2-2 goal. A badly positioned defensive formation on a free kick in the 85:th minute led to Supine´s Keith Lane giving the visitors the lead 2 - 3. Supine held the ball, with a clear 57 percent possession rate.

The most dominating American player was without a doubt Tomas Mcconnell. However, Jesús Alonso made a disastrous appearance. Supine´s best player was Kihiko Sarumara. Joseph Olatunbosun was a disappointment, however. The match ends 2 - 3. 

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Oh and Keith Lane is my keeper (with good set plays) in case you missed that American. What is it with you and letting keepers score tongue.gif. Actually you did damn well to get two goals against a team using 5-4-1 tactics. That is the first time i have scored any goals from free kicks so i suspect i was very lucky to get the win.

I have a cup game this week against a really good div III team. Do i have a snowflakes chance in hell of winning this game and if not, what can i do to minimise the impending thrashing.

Although international games cost more (due to the airfare), you always get a bigger crowd to compensate for it.

Sam - what tactics does he play? Bear in mind he will be playing his B-team and PIC'ing.

Check out his previous 4-or-so games... see what formation he uses... check his friendlies as well (because that is the line-up you are likely to play against).

Get back to me if you require any tips smile.gif

American: I'll challenge as soon as i can. just don't accept any other challenges.

PG can you answer a couple of q's for me.

1. I downloaded one of those programs that calculates the ideal size of your stadium. Is it worth making the modifications to the stadium? Problem is that it the upgrade will use up nearly all the money i have. I don't mind that if i get the money back quickly but if the change doesn't pay for itself fast then i really can't afford it.

2. My youth team is currently at inadequate at the moment (with max investment per week). I pulled some players before but they were all rubbish and i had to fire them instantly (which means a waste of money and a morale hit). At what level should i start making a weekly youth pull.

1) Crowd size is dependent on the size of your fan club. Depending on whether you are winning your home games and getting thrashed, it will fluctuate between 15-25 times your fanclub size.

Based on your current fanclub size, how many games you expect to win this season and whether or not you are currently selling out your stadium, you make the decision as to whether you should shell out $$$'s to expand the stadium.

Make sure you set it to the correct percentages.

And be mindful that the object of Hattrick is to win games, not to make money. Winning has its own reward... but many lower division teams get mired in debt.. and never get out of it. There are no Jack Walkers in Hattrick!! tinykit.gif

2) ALWAYS PULL A YOUTH PLAYER.

It is (mostly) random and even if your youth squad is relatively poor (i.e. inadequate) you may be able to pull out a decent passable/solid player.

Additionally, you should be investing $40,000 a week into your youth squad every week. No ifs, no buts... no maybe.

All it takes is for you to pull one 17 yo solid and you're already ahead for the year. Not to mention all the half-decent young passable players that you will sell and train along the way.

Plus, there is always the chance of hitting the jackpot with some superstar player that you can either train to become the backbone of your team, or sell for $$$$'s.

1. I downloaded one of those programs that calculates the ideal size of your stadium.  Is it worth making the modifications to the stadium? Problem is that it the upgrade will use up nearly all the money i have.  I don't mind that if i get the money back quickly but if the change doesn't pay for itself fast then i really can't afford it.

This depends on how big an expansion you're going to make, imo anything less than a 10K expansion isn't worth it. However unless you're doing very badly I'd say you'd make your money back fairly quickly on a stadium expansion.

Also as it' the first round of the cup some guys may play their first XI to keep their form up. Have a look and see what he did in previous first round games as well. If he plays his firsts I'd PIC, take the team spirit bonus and hope you don't get beat too hard. If he plays his reserves you might as well have a shot, although I'd be cautious about MOTSing as you'll feel the negative effects in the league.

Playing defensively and 5-4-1 should help to keep the score down as well, which I assume you're doing as you're training defence.

Edit: I'd disagree with pg on youth investment. Because youth squads can improve very quickly at low levels, it may not be worth investing the maximum at the start if you're having to watch the finances. If you do invest the maximum though you should start to make a decent profit once it gets to excellent (the highest).

Edited by Big A

Regarding the Youth Squad.

In my first full season I pulled a 17 year old passable playmaker/passable passer, and an 18 year old passable defender/inadequate winger.

These players went on to play 94 and 96 games for my club respectively. They both benefitted from long-term training and became strong 4 and 4.5 star players... and were part of the backbone of my team for many seasons.

Also, it takes a LONG time to get your youth squad to excellent (about 1.5 seasons)... so I think you are best to start early.

Scrimping funds from the Youth Squad is the last resort.. IMO.

I also have a team.

For four months now.

Finished third this season!

Buckley FC (83278)

I'm on the portuguese league, 6th division

I'll try to go up next season!!

Maybe we could do a rovers fans cup!!

Edited by Oklahoma

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.