BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hattrick

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hattrick is free. And the season starts on Saturday. If you register now you will probably get a team in time for the second game.

Oh and i have accepted for the friendly now American, but you will be facing my B team now that the season has started again.

You'll be facing mine as well. I've sold all of my older players and now have no one over 22. You'll be facing most of my youth squad call ups and other cheap young roster fillers I bought hoping to train up to be decent.

Hattrick is free, but for a minimal cost (ie about $30US a year) you get 'supporter', which means you get little tid-bits such as :

Club-Logo

Home/Away strip

Press Announcements

Real-life supporter club

Extra statistics

and so on...

Sorry, I'm lazy, though I did find it in the end. Right now I'm actually having trouble logging on. I've registered, but it always says that it's failed, I'm really not sure what's wrong so I may have to register a new team I suppose.

And yes, I've made sure many times that it's the right user name and password.

Eddie it will take at least 5 days before you are able to login. They have to assign you a team first. You are just going to have to wait until then.

BTW i cannot urge you strongly enough to read the rules. Nearly every new hattrick player makes crucial mistakes (myself included) that can be avoided by reading the rules and readiung some of the online strategy guides. Remember if you stuff up this team you do not get another one with which to start again.

I'd try THIS SITE for some tips. Make sure you keep yourself some money. The strategy I used was to sell my best players and buy a bunch of youngsters. From what they were saying you just want to start developing your team the first couple seasons, don't worry much about winning, just worry about training young players and staying semi-competitive. Pick a strategy and stick with it for a couple seasons, no matter how bad it seems to be working. I'd also try hattrick organizer to see where your players are best suited (link is somewhere earlier in this thread, if you have the gumption to go look for it).

Will i be emailed when I have a team? Or do I just have to keep trying until I can log on?

You will be emailed when you get a team. It took ~5 days before i got my team but Oceania is a pretty small league.

My team is the Supine Rovers (417804).

Eddie here are a couple of pieces of information that you may find helpful. I basically chose them because they are things i wish i had known when i started:

-You can only train one skill each week (ie defending, scoring, playmaking etc). Each skill is learned more by one area of your team than any other (ie if you train playmaking your midfielders will increase their playmaking skills far more than your defenders). Only players that have played that week (in either a league game (saturdays) or a cup game or friendly (wednesdays)) will receive the benefits of training. This means that if you train playmaking (for example) you will want to play a 3-5-2 formation, to maximise the number of players benefitting from training, and you will want to change your entire midfield for the friendly game on wednesday. This way you will have 10 midfielders who have played that week who will receive the benefits of training. FYI the effects of training are calculated on Friday. You don't have to change other areas of your team (such as defenders or strikers, although they do receive a small amount of playmaking training) but you have to maximise the number of players receiving training. This way you can train up young players and sell them for heaps.

I train defenders so i use a 5-4-1 formation and i have 10 defenders, 5 for each game per week.

-When you first get your team decide on which skill you want to train. That is the area for which you want to buy inadequate or passable 17 year-olds (any better will be too expensive). The younger a player is the quicker their skills go up and 17 is as young as they get. play the best 5 in your league games on saturday (after all the goal is to get promoted) and your lesser 5 in the friendlies (or cup games) on wednesday. What you don't want to do is buy inadequate 17 yo's for an area of your team that you are not going to train. If you are training midfielders there is no reason to replace your 25 yo striker if his stats are fine. For example my best player is the following:

Kihiko Sarumara

TSI = 1 390 (278 000 AU$) , 27 years, passable form

Has poor experience and inadequate leadership abilities

Stamina: excellent Keeper: disastrous

Playmaking: passable Passing: weak

Winger: inadequate Defending: poor

Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: weak

He's an inner midfielder and has received "best player" in 90% of the games i've played so far. Unfortunately i sold my original, awesome striker, in favour of a worse but younger striker thinking i could train him up. Of course i was training defenders so that was just impossible. Bottom line don't worry too much about age with players that aren't going to get trained.

-Every team receives a couple of good players (generally worth over $200000, i had 4). most people sell them off (i did) to help finance other aspects of the club. It's up to you what you do with them. But i can say that if you get a good goalie it's probably best not to sell them. keepers are hell expensive at the moment. In fact training keepers might be a good idea. Sure you can only train 2 a week (one for each game) but they train very quickly and you will make money much sooner than if you train defenders (for example).

-Invest the max in your youth squad each week, along with training youngsters its the best way to make money. Also promote a player from youth squad each week. i have yet to promote anyone decent but i'm hopeful.

-I initially hired 14 staff (including 9 trainers) because of some post i read online. But that was nonsence and it sent my wage bill soaring. Now i just have 5 trainers and 1 physio. i would be interested to hear what you guys have in the way of staff.

-Best decision i made so far was to train stamina in the off season. Now my entire first team has excellent stamina and that was after only 2 weeks!

-Avoid players that are nasty as they negatively affect team morale.

-Players tend to be cheaper earlier in the week if you are shopping.

-Don't get yourself in debt. Between wages, youth squad, and temporary expenses (such as transfers) you will find your initial cash fund dwindles very quickly.

Anyone else want to offer pearls of wisdom?

Thanks for the useful hints.

I'm using a 3-5-2 formation.

You actually convinced me to change my formation to my next cup match.

I had big problems with debts but now i'm recovering.

I have 3 assistant , 1 goalie trainee, 1 physio, one doctor, 1 public relations, 1 economist and 1 psychiatrist.

I Didn't do what you sagest but i'll start doing it now.

Last season, I trained my defence. Now Iamb going to train midfield.

I always invest the max in my youth. I got some good defenders last season.

This is my best player, a central defender:

Miguel Silva

TAS: 2 540 (254 000 €)

25 anas, inadequate estate de forma, injured (3 weeks)

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: wretched

Playmaking: passable Passing: passable

Winger: disastrous Defending: solid

Scoring: poor Set Pieces: inadequate

I have since i first started playing.

He has improved a lot in the last season

I chose not to sell my star players.

One problem I have is to sell players for good money.

Any advice?

Regarding staff :

10 assistant coaches is a must. If you are training outfield, you can have 9 assistant coaches and 1 keeping coach.

That way you can train at 98% intensity and still train at full speed but with a lesser chance of injuries. Training at 100% will cause too many injuries.

Physios are very important, but expensive. As a lower-level team, you should try for roughly 3-5 physios. The more physios you have the :

1) Less chance of your players becoming injured.

2) Once they are injured, it is more likely to be a 'low-level' injury (ie 1-2 weeks.. or maybe just a bruising).

Spokespeople are very important at the start of the season. A good trick whilst in the lower divisions is to buy heaps, and then once you are knocked out of the cup to start selling them off. E.g. start with 7 spokespeople, and while you are winning cup games your fan-club will skyrocket. Then once you are knocked out of the cup, start selling them off one a week.

Physchologists - are very handy to help you recover from a 6-0 thrashing. Buy perhaps 2-3, but anymore is a luxury. If you are easily winning your series, you can do without them. They only effect confidence, not team spirit. Confidence is a factor which determines what percentage of your goal-scoring chances are converted.

Economists - not needed unless you are in debt up to your eyeballs, or sitting on a million-dollar cash surplus.

Doctors - doctors are only usefull once a player BECOMES injured. They have no effect otherwise.

So a good strategy for a lower division team is to have no, or very few doctors. Then, if a critical player becomes injured, buy a few doctors to help reduce his healing time, and then fire them once he is healed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.