BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hattrick

Thanks for the useful hints.

I'm using a 3-5-2 formation.

You actually convinced me to change my formation to my next cup match.

I had big problems with debts but now i'm recovering.

I have 3 assistant , 1 goalie trainee, 1 physio, one doctor, 1 public relations, 1 economist and 1 psychiatrist.

I Didn't do what you sagest but i'll start doing it now.

Last season, I trained my defence. Now Iamb going to train midfield.

I always invest the max in my youth. I got some good defenders last season.

This is my best player, a central defender:

Miguel Silva

TAS: 2 540 (254 000 €)

25 anas, inadequate estate de forma, injured (3 weeks)

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: wretched

Playmaking: passable Passing: passable

Winger: disastrous Defending: solid

Scoring: poor Set Pieces: inadequate

I have since i first started playing.

He has improved a lot in the last season

I chose not to sell my star players.

One problem I have is to sell players for good money.

Any advice?

Yikes! don't change your formation because of me. I doubt i've been playing longer than you. I was just trying to explain to a complete beginner the way that training affects the team.

PG thanks for the tips. I reckon i will up the number of trainers. But I am struggling to see the value, as a team just starting its first full season, in getting PR, economists, doctors and more physios. Of course i yield to your superior knowledge of the game but do you really need such a full staff room when you are starting out?

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

selling players is a bitch. The following is advice from the manager of Burnt Out Koalas (29073), the best and most successful team in oceania:

Tips at buying & selling

Buying & Selling players is something that is very important part of your game…. and I highly recommend you read some of my experiences.

I have seen the prices rise early in the season and drop towards the end … and I am sure that you have also seen this yourself…. different positions have many varying demands over the years as the game engine matures. Its clear that the most popular positions today is either Keepers or Strikers with both demanding a premium for far less skills compared to Midfielders, defenders and even wingers. Also the Daytrading market tends to work heavy in the Keeper market as seen in our supporter stats (top three Dters sell more keepers than any other position). I also tend to pull Keepers late in the season and outfielders early in the season for this reason, as I like getting max value out of my youth squad.

Another trend that seems to be consistent season in and out is the demand for players late in the week is a lot higher than early in the week. My theory on this is pretty simple, we tend to have ample people listing youth pulls and new level trained players either on Friday or Saturday….you should use this to your advantage IE … only buy players early in the week when others might think they can do better and list your players late in the week …IE list on Wednesday instead of Friday…what happens is the people who miss out on the bargains will pay a lot more for your player as the week closes in on games of that weekend.

So when buying I would suggest you get yourself a cuppa and listen to some music then surf the entire market for the players you like in the money you have to spend, then I open each one into another screen before bookmarking them. After you have surfed the market list them in your preferred choice then either enter data into a spreadsheet or simply right them down. Work out which has the best experience and age if you like … then work yourself to top 3 players list … make sure all are selling early in the week. Now as long as you have your max in your mind, don’t bid till about 5 mins to closing time. I tend to bid in larger amounts than normal bids and I prefer to reply to bids as soon as they bid, this way I am telling my opponent that I mean business and unless he bids something really stupid I am prepared to pay a good price. You will find consistently that your player bought will not only be good in skills but cheaper than something later in the week. I also tend to look at recent+Stars+form…it’s a much better indication of the players skill … another tip is value+age… this will give you a much better idea of if recently turned or nearly going another level. I also find that Nasty and Controversial players will save you lots and lots of $$$ if you can afford the TS hit … to me I think its great value.

Of course selling late in the week will make your life harder to find a player … but if you can afford to sell and play that weekend you will save a lot more money in the long run…. also selling while your player is playing (PIC) could be another way around getting a TS hit…without too much damage. I like players selling on Friday or Saturday, as this is the time of the week where most people are online looking at training updates.

Good luck this weekend.

Well, I won my first league match 3-0. I have a team of mostly purchased players at below market value, but I still have about 400,000 and am done buying. Definitely do the full youth investment. I got a guy worth 20,000 at 17 yo this week (hope to sell him for lots more). Probably will get a keeper next week and sell my starter, since he and my backup are about the same skill wise.

My best player:

Christian Tielen (34343119)

19 years old

Total Skill Index (TSI): 

1 550 (155 000 US$)

Stamina:   passable  Goaltending:   disastrous 

Playmaking:   inadequate  Passing:   wretched 

Winger:   solid  Defending:   poor 

Scoring:   passable  Set Pieces:   disastrous 

Just bought him today at around market value, and plan to hold onto him for a while. Going to try to make a run at the league this season.

Right now I'm training short passes, since all midfielders and forwards get training. Running a 3-5-2 so I get 14 guys trained.

Was told that you should have 10 assistants, but no more (including goaltending).

I'd definitely recommend the guide at hottrick.org

I'd definitely recommend the guide at hottrick.org

Definitely. But it is a hell of a lot to take on baord when you are just starting out. Also i got so irritated by the poor formatting and spelling that i pasted the entire thing into word and reformatted it myself for easy reading. I'll email it to people if you like...just drop me a pm.

What do people say to a BRFCS cup? We can just arrange the matches here and play the games later in the season (after everyone has finished their cup games). We can play knockout or round robin...t'would be fun.

Yikes! don't change your formation because of me. I doubt i've been playing longer than you. I was just trying to explain to a complete beginner the way that training affects the team.

I changed the players, not the formation.

I didn't explain myself well.

PG i have a question that you may be able to answer. I have a couple of wingbacks who, by virtue of their winger skill, are also my best wingers. hence i play a couple of them in my A team as wingers and then play the same 2 guys in my B team as wing backs (so they will get the benefits of Defence training. Will i receive any sort of penalty for doing this?

What do people say to a BRFCS cup?  We can just arrange the matches here and play the games later in the season (after everyone has finished their cup games).  We can play knockout or round robin...t'would be fun.

I was going to purpose the same thing.

It would be great. Round robin would probably be more interesting.

Btw, thanks PG for all the info.

Edited by Oklahoma

ahahahahah. Latest YP:

Brian Kauser (36134798)

18 years, passable form, healthy

A pleasant guy who is calm and honest.

Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities.

Nationality: Oceania

Total Skill Index (TSI): 20 (4 000 AU$)

Wage: 1 000 AU$/week

Owner: Supine Rovers

Warnings: 0

Stamina: weak Goaltending: disastrous

Playmaking: weak Passing: wretched

Winger: poor Defending: wretched

Scoring: disastrous Set Pieces: wretched

Career Goals: 0

Career Hattricks: 0

League goals this season: 0

Cup goals this season: 0

The sad thing is that young Brian here is pretty much indicative of all my Youth Pulls to date. I wish that i could promote someone halfway decent just once so at least i would know i'm not wasting my money. $40000 a week is a lot to pull that rubbish.

(btw sorry for all the posts today but i'm bored at work)

Sam, you get the benefit of where they were played last, I believe. There is a listing of all the scenerios in hottrick somewhere, (I think) probably the training section, that shows when they do and don't get the benefit of training.

PG i have a question that you may be able to answer. I have a couple of wingbacks who, by virtue of their winger skill, are also my best wingers. hence i play a couple of them in my A team as wingers and then play the same 2 guys in my B team as wing backs (so they will get the benefits of Defence training. Will i receive any sort of penalty for doing this?

He gets training for the last position he plays in, so play him in defence on wednesday and you're fine.

Also on the training thing I would strongly advocate choosing one skill, buying your trainees and sticking with training that skills for at least three seasons. I trained defenders for four seasons when I was in IV and made around £2M profit on each after the four seasons. After these four seasons I was able to fund big improvements that pushed me into III and had three very good defenders left over. Training is the biggest money maker so long term it's essential to train at the maximum with as many assistants as possible.

My teamid btw is 54865 (I know it off by heart, worrying eh wink.gif ) and I'm in English III.9. Currently a very happy bunny after I got a 2-2 draw at the weekened when I should have been thrashed.

Sam - yeah training your wingers as wingbacks is fine, as BigA said.

Regarding staff, note that I began in Division IV.36, so the amount of funds I had available to me is probably different to you. You are in Division V, yes?

I think the most important thing for a young team is to train... train... and train. With that in mind, the most important staff membes are assistant coaches and physios.

Sirfire has good advice regarding transfers. I would add to that :

- sell your player as late as possible (ie HT-time 18:00 - 0:00) to make sure all the Europeans are at home and can buy him.

The exception to this is (for Australia) to put the player on the market on a Thursday evening, which is about Wednesday lunchtime. This means the player will sell on Sunday lunchtime, just before the majority of the European leagues kick-off. This is when the most number of people are on-line.

These days, I'm so specific for the kind of player I am looking for that it takes me weeks to find a suitable one (at a time that I have internet access), so Sirfire's rules about early/late in the week are irrelevant to me.

I wish I had net access at home... sure would make things easier in the HT market sad.gif

Yeah i have upped my assistant coaches to 9 + a keeper coach. I have 1 physio. I am reluctant to hire any more as i am already losing money on a week by week basis (unless i sell a player) so i don't need any more regular expenses. My team is pretty good though and i have trimmed my squad to 18 (9 First team + 5 trainees (two oh whom are also first team wingers) + 4 backup players (2 of which are listed)).

Sam :

How big is your stadium?

How big is your fan club?

Are you winning games regularly?

How much cash do you have in the bank?

Stadium is 7000 (haven't changed from the default size)

Fan Club is 554 (I d/l one of those manager tools and it said my ideal stadium size is ~12000 but the renovations are SO expensive ~400K )

I have won 4/4 league games 3/5 other games

I have ~$362 000 in the bank (less at the end of this week)

My main strength is my team which is pretty solid. If needs be I have a 22yo keeper worth 328K I could sell as i have a backup keeper (inadequate but hey).

Oh and in about half an hour i will have won 4/6 friendlies because i am going to spank American biggrin.gif.

Please note that this message will be edited if don't win.

can't edit this one!!

Oh and in about half an hour i will have won 4/6 friendlies because i am going to spank American biggrin.gif.

can't edit this one!!

Curse you American...always thinking one step ahead.

Mike Harrington

TSI = 200 (20 000 US$) , 17 years, passable form

Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities

Stamina:  poor    Keeper:  disastrous

Playmaking:  wretched    Passing:  passable

Winger:  weak    Defending:  poor

Scoring:  weak    Set Pieces:  weak

Not great numbers, but for a youth pull to even have a TSI I was pretty happy.

Mike Harrington

TSI = 200 (20 000 US$) , 17 years, passable form

Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities

Stamina:  poor    Keeper:  disastrous

Playmaking:  wretched    Passing:  passable

Winger:  weak    Defending:  poor

Scoring:  weak    Set Pieces:  weak

Not great numbers, but for a youth pull to even have a TSI I was pretty happy.

Yes that is soooo much better than any YP i've had to date. I have yet to have a YP with a single skill at inadequate rating.

On a side note does anyone else find the term "youth pull" just a tad dirty. For instance my previous sentence "yes that is soooo much better than any youth pull i've had to date" could sound seriously dodgy to non-hattrick players.

can't edit this one!!

Nor will I have to sunshine laugh.gif. Supine Rovers 4-0 American Rovers (22866350). You would think with an 88% posession rate i would score more than 4 but hey, thats the beauty of a 5-4-1 formation.

Oh and thanks for coming down and playing American. 'Preciate it!

Edited by samtheozzy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.