BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souey Sorry Statement.

Alan75

Blackburn manager Graeme Souness has appologised to the fans regarding this afternoons display.

"The supporters have come to see the team give it a go. If you come out and lose but try your hardest the supporters have something to feel okay about.

"But today we have been off of the pace. We were out-fought, out worked and I apologise to the supporters for that display today.

Souness questioned his players' commitment and conceded he was "lower than a snake's belly".

"In three-and-a-half years at this club this is the worst performance," he told Sky Sports.

BBCi are reporting that Souness said he did not usually lay into his players after a defeat, but felt that he had to on this occasion.

"It wasn't a shouting match but I pointed out to them what I felt about the game and what I felt was unacceptable for me and for any paying customer," said the Rovers boss.

"You cannot have your team just go through the motions. Too many people accepted second best and didn't win their individual battles."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.