BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Midfield Bonus for Rovers

Alan75

Despite fears that Barry Ferguson would miss the whole of the season, following his knee injury at Newcastle, Blackburn manager Graeme Souness has revealed today that Ferguson could be back playing within five weeks.

Souness is reluctant to bring back the Scott to soon, and ideally would rest him for the remainder of the season. However league position may force the Blackburn manager to bring Ferguson back into the team, once he has recovered.

Souness is reported in the media as saying

"On Monday, he'll (Ferguson)be thrown into the second phase of his rehabilitation,  He's taken five days off to get some sun on his back, then he'll be involved in running and maybe kicking a ball.

"I'm hoping he'll be back in a month to five weeks, but I know that Fergie is determined to get back playing as soon as possible."

Whilst discussing Scottish players, Souness stated to Radio Lancashire today that he believed that despite Blackburn's Lorenzo Amoruso being Italian he should be allowed to play for Scotland.

"I think that Scotland should be looking at every possibility, because right now they're in trouble in terms of the quality they have.

"They don't have the strength or depth they've always enjoyed, particularly during my playing career,"

"In the time I've been interested in football, I think this is the weakest Scottish group of players there has ever been."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.