BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Tim Flowers Interview

Alan75

What is it with Oakwell and pies, I was once denied access to the ground for being in possesion of a partly eaten pie !

That's ridiculous. What did they think you were going to do with it?

The (bar)stewards at Chelski wouldn't let me in at the bridge with a plastic bottle until I had disposed of the top. dry.gif

Excellent interview though Alan and thanks to Tim for participating

Tim Flowers is my favourite Rovers goalkeeper of all time, and I've seen a fair few. It's obvious that he still loves the club and never wanted to leave; let's hope he returns in some capacity very soon.

Tim Flowers is my favourite Rovers goalkeeper of all time, and I've seen a fair few. It's obvious that he still loves the club and never wanted to leave; let's hope he returns in some capacity very soon.

i may be relatively young in years but i have to agree with you fully there. great goalkeeper, one of the best ive ever seen. better then these foreigners with their diving punches and dodgy parries. flowers had some of the safest hands in the premiership and i firmly believe he should have been given more international starts. a great guy and clearly cared for the team.

What is it with Oakwell and pies, I was once denied access to the ground for being in possesion of a partly eaten pie !

The (bar)stewards at Chelski wouldn't let me in at the bridge with a plastic bottle until I had disposed of the top. dry.gif

Had the same problem at Chelsea. Weird really.

i may be relatively young in years

The Queen Mother was relatively young compared to Jim, dont do yourself down.

Bottles with tops on can presumably be used as missiles, especially if filled to the top with...I dunno...mercury or something.

Bottles without tops can't be thrown at the pitch/players because it would just result in the people in front of you getting annoyed for soaking them with...well mercury if we're using the same logic.

That's exactly the reason, I believe most grounds now won't allow bottle caps.

As for the pie, sadly it wasn't because of its potential as a missile, but because it upset the club catering company. Saldy me pointing out that I wasn't any more likely to buy a pie in the ground, just because I was forced to eat my existing one outside the ground, didn't help.

Bottles with tops on can presumably be used as missiles, especially if filled to the top with...I dunno...mercury or something.

Bottles without tops can't be thrown at the pitch/players because it would just result in the people in front of you getting annoyed for soaking them with...well mercury if we're using the same logic.

Oh no! What do I do with all my extra mercury now? tongue.gif

Now that the majority of members have had the opportunity to read the interview with Tim, I will make my personal observations.

Whilst Tim was one of my all time Rovers heroes, after the way that he agreed and conducted the question and answer interview, he has restored a lot of my faith in the fact that some footballers really do care about the game, the team that they play for and the supporters.

When I first approached Tim, about the question and answer forum his response was really enthusiastic and even went to the trouble of sending me a hand written note, something I will always treasure, as it was a personal note, not a stereo type letter that had been printed numerous times over.

When the interview was agreed, Tim invited my to phone the club and to bring the questions to the ground, however due to recent events at Leicester this was put on hold. In fact I feared that the interview wouldn’t take place as the questionnaire that I left for him, was returned unanswered.

As the admin and mods will know I felt disappointed that the questions were returned unanswered, until out of the blue I got a phone call, from Tim. His first words to me being, “Hi Al, have you got time to do that interview before Saturdays game”

He could quite easily have forgotten the interview, but he went to the trouble to phone me, that to me says a lot about the man inside the image that we see on the pitch and television.

The interview you will have all read, but what it doesn’t portray is the genuine warmness of the conversation, how much passion that he has for the game and how much he appreciates the supporters, not just at Rovers, but at all the clubs that he has played for, although reading between the lines he appears to have a strong affinity with the Rovers supporters and the club itself.

Tim Flowers, a player with Bottle and a man with integrity. Thanks again.

Given that he talks to Super Al on a regular basis, it might be worth tapping him up for the next one (if there is to be a next one).

It would be interesting to get the thoughts of as many of the championship winning squad as possible to compare and contrast how they view their time at the club now, particularly those that left "to win trophies" and in fact have won rock all..

And, Alan75, he comes across as a true gentleman. A credit to himself and his sport.

Alan, thanks for your efforts, you are a credit to this site.

I'll second that

Can you get an interview with Gazza? I know he's not a rovers player but it would be very amusing smile.gif

Actually The World Game, a football show in Australia, recently featured an interview with Gazza after he had just returned from the drug rehab clinic. It turns out that the substance he was addicted to this time was....Red Bull! I kid you not Gazza had to get treatment to break his Red Bull addiction. Even Gazza sounded embarassed by having such a pansy addiction. Most obvious quote of the interview: "well it turns out i have an addictive personality". Sky is blue too.

Not said thanks for this topic yet so thanks Alan and seeing Tim MY ALL TIME FOOTBALLING HERO answer my questions was fantastic and a big thanks to Tim for his time as well

Does anyone else think that he should be knighted for that performance against Newcastle!!!!

Sir Timothy Flowers

• Downvote 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.