BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rivaldo For Notlob

Like Scotty said if Bolton could pull the deal off then marketing wise Bolton would be very well off. Possibly capacity crowds most weeks, merchandise shirts etc would sell quickly.

And you're both wrong.

Bolton's Carling Cup Semi Final at home, featuring JJ's last home game before jetting off to Tunisia for 4 weeks - and of course all the other Allardyce heroes - drew a pathetic crowd of 16,302 !!

And you think an over the hill Brazilian on wages probably twice the next highest paid player will bring them out to the Reebok week in week out ?

Fat Sam can sign who he wants, the interview he gave on SSN today shows what a short term operation he's running - the players he's got don't want to stay (unless basically bribed by huge wage hikes) and he's reduced to producing publicity stunts like Jardel and Rivaldo to keep his club on the map and in the news.

Edited by Tris

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rivaldo should never have left Barcelona, after that it's gone only one way with the former worldclass player. But maybe would a move to Bolton be a good thing, Big Sam seems to have a good relationships with his primadonnas. I'm sure money is the major factor here, Rivaldo hasn't looked for much else the last few years... but a move to the Premiership is probably also quite tempting, most players wants to try it before they hang up their boots - and the biggest clubs aren't interested in him anymore.

My thoughts; this could really go two ways - like Jardel (gone to Ancona with Ciccio and DINOsaur) or like Djorkaeff/Jay-Jay.

The latter will probably be on his way in the summer then, 'cause they surely can't afford having both.

Like Scotty said if Bolton could pull the deal off then marketing wise Bolton would be very well off. Possibly capacity crowds most weeks, merchandise shirts etc would sell quickly.

And you're both wrong.

Bolton's Carling Cup Semi Final at home, featuring JJ's last home game before jetting off to Tunisia for 4 weeks - and of course all the other Allardyce heroes - drew a pathetic crowd of 16,302 !!

And you think an over the hill Brazilian on wages probably twice the next highest paid player will bring them out to the Reebok week in week out ?

Fat Sam can sign who he wants, the interview he gave on SSN today shows what a short term operation he's running - the players he's got don't want to stay (unless basically bribed by huge wage hikes) and he's reduced to producing publicity stunts like Jardel and Rivaldo to keep his club on the map and in the news.

We'll see.

And you're both wrong.

Much as it pains me to agree with Scotty, Bolton have an average attendance 4,000 higher than us this year. Consider the year before they were about level and I would say that they seem to be doing something right.

Much as it pains me to agree with Scotty, Bolton have an average attendance 4,000 higher than us this year. Consider the year before they were about level and I would say that they seem to be doing something right.

2756 is the difference after last weekends games (www.statmail.co.uk) but let's not split hairs .... after all the argument's been done to death, and the fact that B + D has 140,000 residents and Bolton alone has 450,000.

Don't tell me they're all there to see Kevin Davies !?

If this goes through it's another fantastic, imaginative signing for Bolton. Whether he turns out to be any good or not, the signing will pay for itself through increased season ticket sales, merchandise sales, and the amount of media interest and publicity it will generate.

Expect to see a lot of Bolton on Sky next season - don't expect to see much of us.

I'd rather be winning than famous (although we aren't doing much of either at the moment)

And you're both wrong.

[bolton's Carling Cup Semi Final at home, featuring JJ's last home game before jetting off to Tunisia for 4 weeks - and of course all the other Allardyce heroes - drew a pathetic crowd of 16,302 !!/QUOTE]

If you are going to categorically tell people that they are wrong you need to prove it.

Not just refer to the attendance at one single game.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Much as it pains me to agree with Scotty, Bolton have an average attendance 4,000 higher than us this year.  Consider the year before they were about level and I would say that they seem to be doing something right.

2756 is the difference after last weekends games (www.statmail.co.uk) but let's not split hairs .... after all the argument's been done to death, and the fact that B + D has 140,000 residents and Bolton alone has 450,000.

Don't tell me they're all there to see Kevin Davies !?

Fair enough I didn't bother getting the exact figure as I knew I could rely on you. tongue.gif I don't want to open that particular can of worms. However the point I was making was that in 1 season we have fallen nearly 3000 behind them. People can argue populations all day long but people are finding Bolton a more attractive proposition.

i have just had chat with a notlober and he said "rivaldo jj and cup finals..........we get to cup finals" I said "rivaldo oh him that gets a ball in leg and holds his head.....jj wont be there next season and cup finals ,not long since we was there but did i mention we won the f thing".....jees there as bad as the dingles and nob end

Fuzzy Wotsit you mean.

Do you think we should be after an expensive pastit Harry Belafonte lookalike Revidge?

Harry who? huh.gif

You dunno who Harry Belafonte is?

"Banana Boat Song" means nowt to you?

blink.gifwacko.gif

is he the man that sells tins peaches and likes to say yes? biggrin.gif

I was gonna post this earlier.Yesterday at around 4 before the news broke,i was in class and i had a text from my friend who said he can swear he just saw Rivaldo near piccadily station in a 4 by 4,and if it wasnt rivaldo it had to be somehow who looked identical to him.i laughed at him.But when i went home later,there was a breaking news thing saying bolton in talks,so i guess he wasnt crazy...

What a signing for Bolton,even if he isnt the player he was 3 years ago,he is still a very good player.

Peter Harrison, his UK agent was on SSN earlier and he was abit coy, he was determined to say that he hasn't spoken to anyone else - he must have said it more than a couple of times- which means that he might be hoping that a bigger club comes in for him.

It's abit of a riddle this one. Okocha was still playing when they got him however Rivaldo hasn't played much since the start of the season and the season before he started only 16 matches for AC Milan. So in playing terms, this signing could either be a Djorkaeff or a Jardel. The premiership being a league that's getting stronger for every season, it won't be easy playing without having played for so long and with his age, this could be tricky but the Reebok is a small pitch which could mean easier to adapt than playing in Nou Camp which is one of the largest, if not THE.

But off the field, this could be a huge coup. A huge coup for a club outside the top 4 as this would attract more attention and attendance. Now if Bolton were playing in a semi full stadium like Ewood, they would fill it but they're already playing in almost full stadium this season so not sure if it would increase the attendance as much as but this signing would definitely soften a raise in ST prices and matchday tickets.

Also in terms of attracting players to the club, a signing of this magnitude would mean a cutting edge when looking for new signings over clubs like ourselves and the rest of the outside the top 6.

PR is invaluable to a small club, which is something our club hasn't realised and something Bolton have.

78 Posted on Apr 23 2004, 12:46 

Peter Harrison, his UK agent was on SSN earlier and he was abit coy, he was determined to say that he hasn't spoken to anyone else - he must have said it more than a couple of times- which means that he might be hoping that a bigger club comes in for him.

He WILL sign for Bolton. Press conference this afternoon.

Hats off to Bolton for the initiative. I just feel this won't be the kind of marriage they were hoping for. It does however signal some intent and the timing can't do season ticket sales any harm. I just don't feel this fella's head or heart is in the game anymore. Let's see how he likes playing in Lancs about January.

This has to mean Okocha or Djorkaeff (or possible both) is off in the summer. How could you possibly play those three in the same team?

You'd have to play Brazil's pseudo-4-3-3 formation, Okocha in centre midfield, Djorkaeff on the right of the front 3, Rivaldo on the left of the front 3, it could work, although personally I'd just get rid of Djorkaeff.

I hope they do, it'll be great. Barry Fry's Barnet all over again !.

I have to say I'm not sure Rivaldo will set the Premiership alight next season but it makes for exciting times at the Reebok and might persuade some of the supporters, who vowed never to go again following the cup final ticket fiasco, to reconsider. I feel a tinge of jealousy about the whole thing.

I can't for the life of me see what Barry Fry's fly-away harido has got to do with it though Billy!!

Far too good an opportunity to pass up in my eyes!

Anyway, if it goes tits up, Allardyce wont let it affect the team, look at

jardel for instance...

To quote allardyce - 'i only get players that nobody else wants' ! true - you only need to look at soon to be player of the year (kevin davies) !!

Big Same is also stepping up his interest in Dado Prso, according to SkySports.com. I always knew that he was good, but just as a target man, but against Chelsea I thought that he was outstanding. Great control, can take players on and crucially scored. Surely we must be able to challenge Bolton for these types of players. I wouldn't be too interested in Rivaldo, but I'd love Prso. Personnally, I think Sam has done well, by bringing in quality players for nothing and has shown that it can be done. Souness should see what he has done, and do likewise, when you consider that we will have next to nothing to spend on players.

Off the topic, Celtic are interested in signing Robert Vittek from Nurenberg. He is a great talent and I think that we were wrong to let him go. We should have got him and got rid of Grabbi there and then or even Yorke.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.