BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The 'alan Smith' Type

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish more players had been bothered when we got relegated. And despite the guy being a thug, Smith always gives his all, which is what every football fan wants to see from their players.

Agree with sentiments that relegation is not a pleasant experience but as long as it isn't us I'm not too bothered who goes down. In fact with Leeds down it should make it easier for us to survive next year.

gotto remember guys and girls

we have been there, we have seen it and we have the t shirt.

Fortunately for us we had the luck, we had Sir Jack walker, we had a manager that shook the clubs foundations, and we had the supporters and team all working in one direction and that was go get back into the big time.

We were deserving of promotion back to the PL.

With leeds, wolves and leicester its a different story.

Wolves are in debt to the tune of 25 million, have a very volatile board if rumours are to be believed, a lot of back biting, imminent sales of shares to raise revenue and repay jack hayward is initial outlay, a team that has little direction, a manager that although a shrewd operator could easily find himself being given another job.

Leicester only just survived the last administration and are heading back there, if they do then its an automatic 10 point penalty before a ball is kicked. Another team heavily in debt, full of over aged players, its only assets in walker and Izzet will be gone for free, a manager that again could be offered a route out of the club, a major backroom upheaval. The parachute payment they will receive will not even cover bonus payments to players such as walker,Izzet,Ferdinand,Elliot and davidson.

then we come to the mighty leeds.

Their problems are well documented. A club in disarray, players having to be sold for a fraction of their real value, a rudderless ship in stormy waters, backroom upheaval,possible a total of over 20 players will leave as they cannot afford their wages throughout the summer, a major loss of sponsorship,merchandise and other income, administration staring them right in the face hence another 10 point penalty.

if you recall Rovers got lucky with only having to sell Sutton as the major asset to counteract relegation losses, alright others left as well but they were adequately replaced at that time. Leeds will not be in the same position as we found ourselves in as the market is bottomed in the transfer world.

leeds and the other two are going to find it very difficult to earn themselves an instant return to the Premiership. A first division with the likes of Forest, Sunderland,Ipswich,Wham,Millwall,Sheff utd,palace,Wigan,watford,preston and the dingles is going to be a very hard year for them, not only to get into a promotion position but simply to establish themselves in that league.

I cannot see any of the three clubs making a challenge for an instant return.

there are going to be lots of reports, lots of people blaming others, lots of in fighting at Leeds its the idiot ridsdale that needs to hang his head in shame.

I genuinely fear that we may have seen the last of Leeds as a force in the "big club" bracket.

the only plus side is this

At least Gordon Strachan is going to be available should our own manager leave the club. blink.gif

Feel sorry for Smith, or any Leeds moron?

You must be joking.

Any set of ###### who can sing disrepsectful songs about the Munich air disaster can (Please don't use that word again) off.

Also have an unhealthy hate for anyone successful.

Did feel sorry for Leeds but it's football and these things happen. It would be a dull Premiership if occasionally, you don't have bigger clubs going down.

As for Blackburn players who really care for the club; how do you know who does and who doesn't? Because they work hard on the pitch? Or because they're British?

Just because Cole is moody and would NEVER cry on a football pitch, doesn't mean he doesn't care about Rovers. It just means he has a different way of coping with emotions than someone like Alan Smith.

I think the majority of our current players care about the club, not least of all because their own careers depend on the club's success.

Edited by rover6

I do feel sorry for Alan Smith and in some ways for the Leeds fans. I have family member who are season ticket holders at Leeds and will still travel home and away next season.

Hearing it from the Leeds fans and their perspective of the things going on is that the majority of them blame Peter Ridsdale for what’s happened. A man who has wrecked the club.

Players like Smith are rare players who show pride and passion for the shirt. He is a hot headed player, bad tempered showed from his sending off for England but he gives everything.

Yesterday after the game showed what it meant to him. Perhaps Viduka should compare himself to Smith, for me Viduka let Leeds down completely yesterday

Whoever gets Smith next season have a commited player for the cause.

Smith confirms Leeds exit

I saw Smith crying earlier......I turned to my wife and said " thank god that isn`t Stead"

I saw Eddie Gray distraught earlier.....I turned to my wife and said " thank god that isn`t Souness "

Leeds, Wolves, leicester....all the same to me.....goodbye,don`t care, aslong as it isn`t us.

what a coincidence, i saw a picture of Jade Goody crying in the paper and turned to my girlfriend and said "thankgod that isn't you"

I used to like Alan Smith. That was until Friedel saved a penalty from him at Ewood. After the game I thought it'd be funny to wind him up, so when he was getting on the team coach, I told him that was the worst penalty i'd ever seen. He then basically said if there wasn't a barrier between us he'd batter me. I won't repeat exactly what he said or I'll get banned from here. Then he through some kids pen at me like a big girl. Absolute idiot.

I used to like Alan Smith. That was until Friedel saved a penalty from him at Ewood. After the game I thought it'd be funny to wind him up, so when he was getting on the team coach, I told him that was the worst penalty i'd ever seen. He then basically said if there wasn't a barrier between us he'd batter me. I won't repeat exactly what he said or I'll get banned from here. Then he through some kids pen at me like a big girl. Absolute idiot.

The same could be said about you. withstupid.gif

The same could be said about you. withstupid.gif

So you've never ever given a player stick then.

On their wages they should expect a little stick. Everyone who was there thought he was out of order. Maybe I was a bit cocky, he does think he's hard though- he looks like he's wearing makeup usually.

I saw Smith crying earlier......I turned to my wife and said " thank god that isn`t Stead"

I saw Eddie Gray distraught earlier.....I turned to my wife and said " thank god that isn`t Souness "

Leeds, Wolves, leicester....all the same to me.....goodbye,don`t care, aslong as it isn`t us.

what a coincidence, i saw a picture of Jade Goody crying in the paper and turned to my girlfriend and said "thankgod that isn't you"

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Niiiiiiice.

On their wages they should expect a little stick. Everyone who was there thought he was out of order. Maybe I was a bit cocky, he does think he's hard though- he looks like he's wearing makeup usually.

I've obviously never seen you, but I certainly wouldn't like to meet him down a dark alley! thumbs-up.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.