BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The 'alan Smith' Type

Mr Beattie

So a young lad playing premiership football and pick of the women slept with his managers wife?

That's got to be a rumour started because he was dropped to the bench, right?

Com on??!! Strachan has to be one of the most uglyiest guys in football.Just imagine what is wife must look like!!!! And your saying that james beattie slept with her!!!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Beattie

So a young lad playing premiership football and pick of the women slept with his managers wife?

Com on??!! Strachan has to be one of the most uglyiest guys in football.Just imagine what is wife must look like!!!! And your saying that james beattie slept with her!!!

It's not all about looks, I'd love to have Strachan's wit! thumbs-up.gif

Mr Beattie

Lesley Strachan is rather nice, her and hubbie attended an opening for one of our companies, not bad at all.

The info I got is pretty solid via a major former star of Glasgow Rangers.

So Saints chose Beattie over their manager? Seems a bit hard to swallow that one. (As Mrs Strachan might well have said if this ALLEGED story is correct! ohmy.gif )

Anyway amusing diversion aside I felt very sorry yesterday for Smith who has cleaned up his act on the pitch somewhat and is a real Club man of the old school.

Viduka on the other hand was a disgrace. With his side one up and in with a genuine chance of victory, he tossed it all away by getting himself sent off and leaving his team mates in the lurch.

Anyone signing him is taking a real gamble because he seems to have a very poor attitude.

So Saints chose Beattie over their manager? Seems a bit hard to swallow that one.

He chosse to leave when it was common knowledge amongst the players. The club didn't choose Beattie over him, all allegedly of course.

Edited by adopted scouser

Strachan will be newcastle manager by all accounts next year and knew this when he left southampton

On the calling players bit, I hate it when fans expect to slag a player off and then get the hump when they retaliate. If fans can't take it then don't give it.

We had it with everton this year. giving the players loads of abguse and then when the players score and make gestures back they all report it to the police around them. There's a line to cross with these footballers ala leeds players, newcastle players but a bit of name calling and retaliation is surely to be expected if you are going to give them the same?

I used to like Alan Smith. That was until Friedel saved a penalty from him at Ewood. After the game I thought it'd be funny to wind him up, so when he was getting on the team coach, I told him that was the worst penalty i'd ever seen. He then basically said if there wasn't a barrier between us he'd batter me. I won't repeat exactly what he said or I'll get banned from here. Then he through some kids pen at me like a big girl. Absolute idiot.

I was stood right next to you when you said it and you were both well out of order, but at the time I thought Smith was a complete ###### for the way he reacted and his lack of proffesionalism. He is getting paid an awful lot of money to pay football, and if he cant take criticism from a random fan for not performing well enough then he's pathetic.

The info I got is pretty solid via a major former star of Glasgow Rangers. [/color]

Neil McCann? I do love these guessing games wink.gif

That's not the answer to the question

wink.gif

Marco Negri?

Feel sorry for Smith, or any Leeds moron?

You must be joking.

Any set of ###### who can sing disrepsectful songs about the Munich air disaster can (Please don't use that word again) off.

Also have an unhealthy hate for anyone successful.

Agree about the Munich songs but there were some Rovers 'Fans' singing it on Saturday...idiots mad.gif

I feel sorry for Smith and Leeds fans because they have gone through a lot this season, they support the club when the people at the top are just leading it into oblivion.

Saying that i'd never say that to a Leeds fan, and as someone else said, rather them than us tongue.gif

Glad to see the back of them and I really hope they won't be back for a very long time. It's all very well saying you shouldn't wish relegation on anybody but it's got to happen to three clubs and there are plenty I'd rather see stay up over Leeds.

Matt Busby's minutes silence at Ewood anyone?

I used to like Alan Smith. That was until Friedel saved a penalty from him at Ewood. After the game I thought it'd be funny to wind him up, so when he was getting on the team coach, I told him that was the worst penalty i'd ever seen. He then basically said if there wasn't a barrier between us he'd batter me. I won't repeat exactly what he said or I'll get banned from here. Then he through some kids pen at me like a big girl. Absolute idiot.

I was stood right next to you when you said it and you were both well out of order, but at the time I thought Smith was a complete ###### for the way he reacted and his lack of proffesionalism. He is getting paid an awful lot of money to pay football, and if he cant take criticism from a random fan for not performing well enough then he's pathetic.

Small World

I'll throw something into this debate - David Dunn.

How does his loyality to Rovers match that of Smith ?

Many will say that he stuck by Rovers when we got relegated - I would say that Dunn didn't have much choice at the time nobody from the Prem would have bought him.

Whichever way you look at it Souness made Dunn - as he gave him the platform on which to perform. When Souness tried to make him work harded and become the "complete" midfield player - Dunn threw his dummy out.

At his first opportunity Dunn was on his way (from the club he loved). Smith has had to put up with the club trying to repeatedly sell him against his wishes, and all the package that has come with a club in decline. Did he go for his first big pay day (and the clubs after Smith ware bigger than Birmingham) - no he stuck by the club he supported, and worked even harded.

I hope some of the players like Gallagher etc show the same commitment to Rovers in the future, as Smith has to Leeds

For me Smith isn't being loyal. He's jumping ship. Sure he's gutted they've gone down, but a TRUE fan would stay and help him team back up- sod the international career. If you were a Rovers fan playing for the team and got relegated would you stay or go? I'd stay, and I'd be surprised if most fans wouldn't agree with me. There is no loyalty in football anymore- only the supporters.

For me Smith isn't being loyal. He's jumping ship. Sure he's gutted they've gone down, but a TRUE fan would stay and help him team back up- sod the international career. If you were a Rovers fan playing for the team and got relegated would you stay or go? I'd stay, and I'd be surprised if most fans wouldn't agree with me. There is no loyalty in football anymore- only the supporters.

Thats what I've said (and have been called strange for it), but the fact remains that even if he said he'd stay, Leeds would still have to sell him. Especially with the announcement that Milner is staying, there are only a few more players worth anything to sell off. Harte will command 500k because of his poor performances as of late, Duberry 1 million, Radebe may just stay, leaving Smith and Viduka to get Leeds outta the financial hole. And personally I haven't heard Viduka's name with any great amount of money (which is justified). So Smith really is the only commodity left to sell. The lad is a punk, but he does have skill and has been put in an unfortunate situation.

on a side note,

Smith could've spun the situation and said he wanted to stay and let the task of putting his name out for transfer become the organization's dubious responsibility. Thus endearing him to the fans and essentially "washing his hands" of the whole affair by playing the victim. But I guess Alan was too interested in speculating where the greener pastures are going to be for him.

Horrible reasoning - he's 23, so he has a few years till he comes into his prime. There's no way he should spend the next two years struggling in a cloggers league because he's a fan. A professional career is much too short for that kind of loyalty.

Horrible reasoning - he's 23, so he has a few years till he comes into his prime. There's no way he should spend the next two years struggling in a cloggers league because he's a fan. A professional career is much too short for that kind of loyalty.

On the plus side he might get into double figures in the first division biggrin.gif . Jermaine Defoe was crucified for asking for a transfer the day after West Ham went down, Smiths done it before they went down- yet he's branded a loyal hero of some sort.

The anti-Smith brigade are conviniently ignoring one fact - Leeds will sell Smith whether he wants to stay or not. All Smith has said is that relegation means he will have to leave the club, both for his own career and because Leeds need the money.

On the plus side he might get into double figures in the first division biggrin.gif . Jermaine Defoe was crucified for asking for a transfer the day after West Ham went down, Smiths done it before they went down- yet he's branded a loyal hero of some sort.

Beat me to it...

A couple of bookmakers, Bet365 and Blue Square are offering odds on which club the fair-haired ruffian Alan Smith will be playing for at the start of next season.

Current odds are:

Newcastle 11-4

Man United 11-2

Liverpool, Middlesbrough 8-1

Birmingham 9-1

Aston Villa 12-1

Spurs, Blackburn 16-1

Leeds 25-1

Yes, we beat out Leeds!!! biggrin.gif

Loyalty is all but gone from football - accept it.

The main reason is the gulf that has grown between the top clubs competing for honours and the also rans.

Whilst before, a lot more teams had a chance with of winning honours now only an elite minority expect to be regular victors. And the best players have to go to those elite clubs or risk not winning anything meaningful in their careers.

So Damien Duff leaving us for Chelsea is as reasonable as Jon Stead ditching Huddersfield for Rovers. Duff wanted to play regular Champs League footy and win medals - something we have as much chance of providing as Huddersfield themselves.

Jon Stead wanted regular Premiership football and Huddersfield won't see that for a long, long time.

You can't have it both ways. If you don't accept top players wanting to move to bigger clubs, you should be up in arms that Stead departed Huddersfield or David Yelldell jumped from that German juggernaut, Stuttgart Kickers.

Whichever way you look at it Souness made Dunn - as he gave him the platform on which to perform. When Souness tried to make him work harded and become the "complete" midfield player - Dunn threw his dummy out.

At his first opportunity Dunn was on his way (from the club he loved).

Rubbish. Souness didn't make Dunn. No manager MAKES a player. They may help, but in the end it comes down to the player himself.

Have you considered that Dunn left because he couldn't get into the side? Souness didn't rate him as a central midfielder, and Dunn wanted to play there and got fed up of playing a bit part role as a winger. Ironically, he's still not playing centre mid, but that's by the by.

Add that to the fact that he fell out with Souness - how can a player expect to improve if he doesn't even speak to the manager?

And you can see that the Dunn situation is by now ways comparable to Alan Smith's situation.

If I was Dunn, I'd have left as well. Rovers fan or not.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.