BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sacked!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is brilliant news, sack a manager who's done an outstanding job in getting a third division standard club into the first division. Burnley in freefall for the next few years.

I'm with Trooper on this one - they need to get Johnny Bond back to finish what he started.

I think it's great news. I can't see who they're going to get in who will do as well as Stan. He's done very well with loan signings and no cash. Whoever it is they won't look as good in leggings. laugh.giflaugh.gif

Oh well.

Whoever it is they won't look as good in leggings.  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Unless they get that guy with the Tron costume.... ....SuperStella was it?.... ....I reckon he could do a job in football management - and he could design them a snazzy kit too.

Stanleh really should have seen this coming. After all he was advised by the more knowledgeable Rovers fans on 01/04/2000 "Resign, you might as well resign"

I think you mean 2001. A hilarious moment that will live with me forever.

A song for Tottenham.

Ternant - Wheres your job?

Ternant Ternant - Wheres your job?

What about Glenda for Burnley?

....I think 'Pleat for Burnley' will hurt them more! laugh.gif

To the contrary, I think most Spurs fans would welcome that.

Stanleh really should have seen this coming. After all he was advised by the more knowledgeable Rovers fans on 01/04/2000 "Resign, you might as well resign"

I think you mean 2001. A hilarious moment that will live with me forever.

Whoops, just testing!

That chant was superb, as was "Are you Burnley in disguise?"

biggrin.gif

I want to be manager, just so I can sell Blake and Chaplow, and then play proper long ball nonsense with Alan Wright as a lone striker, and a central midfield of Poyet, and some other slow, knackered player on high wages. Then I'll be a bigger Rovers hero than that John Bond guy.

He's not been fired- just not getting an extension to his contract.

Odds on a player-manager will be appointed to save on costs. So any suggestions of over the hill big name pros with an ambition in management?

Pity Chris Waddle is too old...

Who said Stan had been sacked ?

LET last week.

"It is no secret I want Stan to remain in charge and we have already held various meetings," Kilby told the Lancashire Evening Telegraph.

Did Stan see the light, maybe he wants to get back in to football in some capacity.

Never really cared for ternent but credit where it is due I think he did a great job (sadly) at the clarrots as long as the board were able to back him with enough players to do a job.

It really started going downhill for him once they had only bare bones, and he did not really have a big enough squad. Not sure there is anybody could have done any better than him with what he had to work with. Hope he lands on his feet though and Burnley, thinking of their coffers, return to plumb the depths of the 80's and 90's. So who's the favourite to take over that pile of crap, their reserve team manager? Ronnie Moore? who.

kilby must be off his head, ternant has worked wonders to keep them in the 1st and has taken pay cuts in the past to help the financial situation, he is burnley through and through. it could go bad for them next season and i just hope kilby gets his comeuppence and i get a good price at ladbrokes on them taking a drop.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.