BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Todd

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

laugh.gif Now i'm not sure whether to take that as an insult or a compliment.

But I'll take it as a compliment anyway.   cool.gif

Manchester Blue, has anyone every told you that you'd make a great Air hostess tongue.gif

Not recently no.

Take it as a compliment then! biggrin.gif

A bit peeved that Souness still insists on falling out with players - although Todd does have a history.

I'm not too bothered, as long as a decent centre half is brought in, in the summer.

Me too.

Clearly Todd should have sucked it up, but it bugs me that the whole situation could and should have been avoided had Souness not told him he was in when all the while he was waiting on Short passing fit. Poor communication.

A bit peeved that Souness still insists on falling out with players - although Todd does have a history.

I'm not too bothered, as long as a decent centre half is brought in, in the summer.

Me too.

Clearly Todd should have sucked it up, but it bugs me that the whole situation could and should have been avoided had Souness not told him he was in when all the while he was waiting on Short passing fit. Poor communication.

I'm not in the least bothered about losing Todd, the fact that he was a contender for player of the season before the dummy spitting incident just underlines how much our "half decent" players have underperformed this season.

None of us know the truth about what happened that day, other than that Todd refused to play and stormed off.

Me too.

I'm not in the least bothered about losing Todd, the fact that he was a contender for player of the season before the dummy spitting incident just underlines how much our "half decent" players have underperformed this season.

None of us know the truth about what happened that day, other than that Todd refused to play and stormed off.

To be fair to Todd, that kind of thing can happen when you lose your temper. Later on though he must have known he was wrong to walk out of his job and should have apologised. Presumably he hasn't done this and so has to go. Regardless of the circumstances if you walk out of your job and go back then you should at least say sorry.

It's a shame this has blighted what had been a hugely impressive season from Todd (certainly in terms of his improvement) but there you have it.

Pre Todd falling out with Souness

"Brilliant - player of the year by far"

Post Todd falling out with Souness

"Rubbish - never liked him - glad to see the back of him"

Maybe Todd shouldn't have spat the dummy out of the pram but it's very sad to see him leave the club after the season he's had unless we've got someone better lined up. You can hardly say Amoruso and Short are reliable injury wise.

And commercially, surely to god we could have got back the 750k we paid for him?

huh.gif

Exactly.

I for one am sad to see Todd leave the club. He was a rock in defense when no one else seemed to be able to put it together, and up until a few weeks ago he was in all likelihood the player of the season.

Of course, you can't keep around a player who's fallen out with the manager, and Todd certainly does share some of the blame for his spat with Souness, but all the man ever wanted to do was play football. He'll probably catch on with one of the promoted sides and, if he can keep his temper in check, do a fine job for them.

Best of luck in the future Andy.

I don't think we should label this as a bad part on Souey for telling Todd to leave. He simply refused to be on the bench and hence a part of the Blackburn squad so why bother to keep him, I know it shows his desire to be in the starting line-up, but also shows immaturity. He should of just sat his ass on the bench, he soon would if told he wouldn't of got paid that week unless he did.

I must admit I am sure we could recoup some £££ for Andy. I expect Portsmouth to go for him again after just missing out on him before we snapped him up.

Hopefully this will pave the way for Nissa's proper chance and also the arrival of Van Buyten laugh.gif

Todd has played comparativley well this term. But we still have two (arguably three in Nissa) centre backs that are better than him and I'm not too bothered he's gone - and gone for the exact reason I didn't want us to sign him in the first place. He is a timebomb and I'm frankly surprised the fuse was long enough to last nearly two seasons.

Radio Lancs said that no decision had yet been made.

Todd should never have been signed.

He is not a Premiership player.

He is a complete thug. Allegedely.

As Scotty has pointed out previously, he might have played reasonably well in comparison with other players. But it is just comparitevely.

As Scotty has pointed out previously, he might have played reasonably well in comparison with other players. But it is just comparitevely.

Thats ridiculous logic. If he hadn't played comparitively well then our defence would have been even worse and we may have been the ones propping up the table. For the record I don't think he's as good as Amo, Nissa or Shorty, but lets face it, if it wasn't for him then we may well be relegated by now.

What it means is that Todd is in fact an awful defender but we've had even worse ones. Like Todd, most of them have been Souness signings.

Todd is far from an awful defender. He has an awful attitude. There's a difference.

I think his petulant actions have made everybody overlook the fact that he's been our best player this season.

If Todd has been told he can go then why was he in the squad for last week and why is he in the squad for tomorrows game, surely if there's such a problem and Souness is so keen to get rid of him then why is he still in the squad

• Backroom
What it means is that Todd is in fact an awful defender but we've had even worse ones. Like Todd, most of them have been Souness signings.

You're not Jan2 in disguise are you ???? tongue.gif

If Todd has been told he can go then why was he in the squad for last week and why is he in the squad for tomorrows game, surely if there's such a problem and Souness is so keen to get rid of him then why is he still in the squad

I wouldn't expect Todd to be on the bench for the Spurs or Brum match even if he's in the 20 man squad. With Short back in contention, it'll be Short-Babbel with Nisse on the bench.

I wouldn't expect Todd to be on the bench for the Spurs or Brum match even if he's in the 20 man squad. With Short back in contention, it'll be Short-Babbel with Nisse on the bench.

Surely Nissa-Short would be more logical?

Todd has been quite good this season, on the pitch.

In saying that, I'd like to see Nissa given much more of an opportunity, so I don't really mind giving Todd the flick.

Todd has been a good squad player, but his attitude has caused some problems unfortunately so ah well.

Go Nissa.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.