BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Todd

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy Todd brought solidity and credibility to our defence. He was one of the best players of the season.....currently in third place with messageboard voters.

However he has no true professionalism. Like many others he spits his dummy out.

IMO two players at Rovers who have shown true professionalism are Nissa Johannson who has waited patiently despite putting in an excellent performance v Man City and being dropped to fifth choice , and Egil Ostenstad who never whinged once whilst relegated out of the main squad yet kept fit training with the youth squad before regaining his place in the first team.

Aspiring players should use these two as roll models.

Bye Bye Mr Todd. Go back to Burnley. You may do OK there.

Transfer listed

Not the only one leaving? hope that thread about cole to bolton isnt true!!

He comes off as the arrogant barsteward he is in that article wink.gif

not sure if you were being sarcastic with the winking smiley, but if you wernt then i personally think souness came out of that well. he isnt a push over and he isnt going to take crap from players that walk out on the team. what i take from this is that souness is going to sort this under achieving team out, get rid of the dead wood and bring in better players to replace them. todd may have put in some good performances this season but he immediatly slipped down the ranks and would he even be played next season? good move to let him go i think.

At the end of the day i have to go against quite a few on this borad.

Personally i am sad to see this man leave, as he was our player of the season, until Mr Stead arrived. He has played with a great deal of consistancy and as a few others, only for him we would have been relegated a long time ago.

He's like a time bomb waiting to go off?

Bulls****!! Why do people have a go at him, like he is some sort of psycho? Andy Todd, is a player who gives his all and isn't afraid to get stuck in. Fair enough he has had his bust ups, namely so at Charlton, but do we know the real story? NO?

Apparently Kiely had a go for him and all he could do was defend himself by reacting in the manner that he did, or else he would have been busted.

He also kicked Christophe Dugarry up his anus, after diving and cheating for about 27 mins of the game along with elbowing a few players as well!! So who in the right mind wouldn't do that? Beckham tried it!

But at the end of the day, i feel that Andy was harshly treated, but he shouldn't have upped and left during the Leeds game, as he was going to cause more harm than good, as we were in difficulty and needed to win for extra breathing space. But in fairness, as someone already said that there was a huge breakdown in comunication, about the Craig Short situation. Look at Andy Cole for instance? He calls in the PFA to sort out Souness, now in my opinion that is as equally as bad, because he can't sit down and chat to the manager about the situation, before crying to higher authority.

But all that aside, Andy his now departing Blackburn Rovers and i think that he should be given a reception for his service this season, as we could have been in a worse of position only for him.

I for one want to wish him all the best with his future career in football. Andy, a true gentleman, rembering you for the hard hits, the dropkick on some French geezer and wearing your heart on your sleeve. Again thanks for the memories and playing an important part in securing our Premiership survival.

Well it seems to be working when Todd's not played we've won 4 games in a row and kept 3 clean sheets as well. Maybe it a blessing in disgace

good luck to Todd anyway if he leaves

Unless Todd winds up at one of the 3 promoted teams he will struggle to be first choice ch at any Prem club. His best hope of a regular start will be in the 1st div........and they dont pay too well.

I guess refusing to man the pumps on a sinking ship thereby endangering the club, his team mates, the manager, the back room staff and the supporters is correctly perceived as one of the worst indescretions possible to a man like GS.

Bulls****!! Why do people have a go at him, like he is some sort of psycho?

Possibly because this is the third club he's been discarded from for his unprofessional behaviour? I think claiming that he only booted Kiely in self defence after saying that we don't really know how it happened is a bit off...

Bulls****!! Why do people have a go at him, like he is some sort of psycho?

1. Having a punch-up with Stan Collymore after the half/full time whistle blows.

2. Having a punch-up with Dean Kiely

3. Kicking Dugarry up the arse (even if it was funny)

4. Having a punch-up with a Charlton coach

5. Whatever he did at Bolton to get him sacked (probably involved a punch-up)

6. Throwing a wobbler after being told he's on the bench.

These suggest that Andy Todd is somewhat unstable, and is indeed a timebomb. And I think you're still upset that Souness sacked that stale turd Gillespie.

Rumour has it he kicked the ###### out of Phil Brown at a club function when Brown informed him that he was only getting a game for Bolton because his dad was the manager.

Rumour has it he kicked the ###### out of Phil Brown at a club function when Brown informed him that he was only getting a game for Bolton because his dad was the manager.

I now for the life of me cant remember who his dad was? One of those 'know it, but cant remember it' situations.

I now for the life of me cant remember who his dad was? One of those 'know it, but cant remember it' situations.

colin todd ex bolton manager, when he got the sack todd jnr followed him in a bit of a huff

His dad is Colin Todd, wthout doubt one of the greatest players to have played for England in my lifetime.

I am glad that Todd junior produced some decent performances which helped to save us from Div 1 oblivion this season and that he confounded me and many others in terms of the quality of his play.

It was quite an embarassment to have signed him in the first place and I guess the outcome of his time at Ewood is sordidly predictable. Apart from Dugary's sore rectum, at least nobody got hurt this time.

His dad is Colin Todd, wthout doubt one of the greatest players to have played for England in my lifetime.

I am glad that Todd junior produced some decent performances which helped to save us from Div 1 oblivion this season and that he confounded me and many others in terms of the quality of his play.

It was quite an embarassment to have signed him in the first place and I guess the outcome of his time at Ewood is sordidly predictable. Apart from Dugary's sore rectum, at least nobody got hurt this time.

It's difficult to comprehend how a cultured footballer such as Colin Todd could have produced such a thuggish offspring in his son Andy.

Colin Todd was indeed an excellent player and would have gained many more England caps had he not had the misfortune to be around at the same time as a certain R Moore.

I did wonder about Colin Todd the man however: I remember watching him on TV in his Derby County days mouthing racial insults at West Brom's Laurie Cunningham when black players were just breaking through into league football.

As a manager he was very tense and extremely difficult to deal with. His teams were non too exciting either.

I'm glad Andy is leaving the club.

It's difficult to comprehend how a cultured footballer such as Colin Todd could have produced such a thuggish offspring in his son Andy.

Colin Todd was indeed an excellent player and would have gained many more England caps had he not had the misfortune to be around at the same time as a certain R Moore.

I did wonder about Colin Todd the man however: I remember watching him on TV in his Derby County days mouthing racial insults at West Brom's Laurie Cunningham when black players were just breaking through into league football.

As a manager he was very tense and extremely difficult to deal with. His teams were non too exciting either.

I'm glad Andy is leaving the club.

'The gods visit the sins of the fathers upon their children' (Eurypides)

Todd is a hot head who has a very short fuse. But a thug? I don't think he is.

A thuggish footballer, in my book, is someone who goes into challenges with the malicious intent of injuring others. E.g Lee Bowyer or Alan smith.

A thuggish footballer, in my book, is someone who goes into challenges with the malicious intent of injuring others. E.g Lee Bowyer or Alan smith.

Thug - vicious or brutish ruffian according to the dictionary.

Describes perfectly a "footballer" who lumps his team-mates on the training field.

Thug - vicious or brutish ruffian according to the dictionary.

Describes perfectly a "footballer" who lumps his team-mates on the training field.

Sorry Jim, but the original Thugs were a very different cup of tea than our Toddy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/hi...features/thugs/

Somehow merely kicking some French git up the arse does not quite put him in the same category.

• 3 weeks later...

I struggle to see how it can be said that without Andy Todd we would have gone down.If you look at his 11 appearances he made for the club from Jan 2004 onwards,we lost 7 of them(with two also being draws).In fact from October 2003(which was after his loan return from burnley) and until the end of the season,he made a total of 21 appearances and again we lost 13 of those games(with 3 draws and 5 wins).I believe it a stretch to say we would have gone down without Andy Todd.A better statement would be we almost went down with Andy Todd,who left us in our hour of need due to an ill advised response to bad news.I believe we will be fortunate indeed to recoup our investment in this fellow.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.