BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brum. Preview & Predictions.

Well, just a home game against Birmingham and we can forget about a disappointing season.

At least we can be greatfull that we arent Leeds, Leicester or Wolves.

At the moment we have a couple of reply's to the last questionaire of the season.

The first one returned is from a mate of Flopsy's. Michael England

As it’s the last game of the season, how do you feel your team has performed throughout the season, better or worst than expected.

better than expected for the first half of the season, but since xmas we havn't really played that well. not a having a speciallist full-back (on either side) fit for 4 months hasn't really helped, neither has having our record signing, and alleged creative heart missing since xmas. (dunn by the way, just in case you couldn't think of anyone in a blue shirt who's creative in any way!)

Is there anything that Steve Bruce could have done, to have improved the seasons results.

not flogged Kenna when we needed a full back, as he could play on both sides for us, and stop playing long ball quite so much. It's difficult to complain to be honest though, as 2 years ago we were 12th in div. one, so mid-table obscurity in the prem. is more than enough!

What team, and which game has entertained you the most this season.

in terms of vision and passing, arse are the best team i've seen - coming out of the ground after losing 0-3 & not being too dissapointed is a strange feeling!

What team, and which game has been the most boring this season.

the home leg against villa. noon kickoff on a sunday - no-one (including the players) seemed really that interested in what was going on on the pitch. (equalizing in the 94th minute of the away leg after being 2-0 down was a slightly better experience!)

What team has surprised you this season, being better or worst than expected.

I've been pleasantly surprised at the way chris coleman has done at fulham - with the injury that he had, i hope he succeeds (if he does well again next season, i wouldn't be surprised if he takes the wales job in some way when sparky goes into club management)

Who has been your player of the season and who would you gladly give away.

Stan lazaridis has looked like a proper left winger, and even played a few excellent games at left back - i'd not rated him before this season, but i'm more than happy to change my opinion. Bryan hughes has turned down a new contract (which i can understand, as he knows he won't be first choice when dunn is fit), but what annoys me is that he left it until a month before his existing contract runs out before he tells us he doesn't want to stay. scousers!

How do you feel the Ex Rovers, Johnson, Dunn and Taylor have performed.

DJ - works his arse off in whatever position you put him in, but the final ball is lacking. I'd not want to get rid of him though. Dunn - fat get needs to stop eating the pies and train properly, which would help cut down on the injuries - he knows himself that he has to have a big season for us next year. Taylor - dear god. i could play right back better than this plank. he looks like a £1.25m reserve player, which was summed up by being completely turned over by the wolves left winger. i'm impressed that souness managed to convince bruce that this bloke would be better than tebily!

Do you expect Steve Bruce to be busy in the transfer market this summer, and if so which position do you think needs strengthening.

Definately a proper right back (mills or mechiot apparantly), another striker to go with forssell (heskey for 3 or 4 million seems fair), a right winger (maybe pennant?), and maybe a couple of young squad players from the lower divisions.

Given that sufficient funds were available who would you like to be signed.

see above!

It appears a trend by many clubs now to have a theme for the last game of the season. eg fancy dress. Have your fans planed a theme for Saturday and do you think you will sell out your allocation of tickets.

I don't really get to away games as i'm saving for my own house (having to pay £50 before you even get to buy an away ticket kinda puts me off as well - they know how to empty our wallets down at Stan Drews, but seeing how we are one of a very small group of clubs that is actually making a day to day profit, i can't have a go at the owners for making sure my clubs future is secure)

What sort of line up can we expect on Saturday and what is your score prediction.

Bennett, tebily, cunningham, upson, clapham, DJ, Savage, clemence, lazaridis, morrison, forssell. its gonna be an aimless end of season kickaround - theres not even dugarry for a 'burn player to kick! i'll go for a 1-1, poss. 2-1/1-2.

We have also had a response to the questionaire from DavidDunn16

As it’s the last game of the season, how do you feel your team has performed throughout the season, better or worst than expected.

As a so called "Small time" club, i feel we have exceeded expectations hugely. Only 2 seasons in the Premiership and proving to be a test for big teams, don't get much better. I feel Bruce has worked wonders in his 2 and a half seasons at the club, giving us some of the best years as Blues fans. This season has been one of the best for me personally, i saw us win up at Newcastle in what seemed a very hard game, yet we eased past them. The derby at St Andrews wasn't as exciting as last season but the away game at V*lla park was excellent in the second half. I think we have been a bit inconsistent but saying that our position and performances have exceeded by expectations, so obviously i am chuffed to bits.

Is there anything that Steve Bruce could have done, to have improved the seasons results.

I feel that Steve Bruce COULD HAVE (like you could have paid more attention in school) brought a few more players in during the January transfer window. Him not doing so has cost us since i feel. We have been short on players since january, and with the addition of only Martin Taylor from you we have really struggled. Martin Taylor has been great for us at Centre Back but just doesn't cut it at Full Back. Other than that, Bruce has done no wrong since he joined us.

What team, and which game has entertained you the most this season.

The most entertaining game this season has to be us against MiddlesV*lla at the Riverside. So we lost 5-3 but what an excellent end to end game and some quality goals too. I aint going to say anymore, because we lost!

What team, and which game has been the most boring this season.

The local game against V*lla at St Andrews this season was so boring i COULD HAVE (like you could have paid more attention in school) fell asleep if it wasn't for me singing my head off. The players lacked passion, the fan's couldn't be bothered to create any form of atmosphere, it was more like a pre season game against Exeter rather than a local derby, it was that boring! Hope we don't see another one like it.

What team has surprised you this season, being better or worst than expected.

As much as i hate to admit it, the V*lla have surprised me this season. Relegation zone in october, now challenging for 4th spot. You really do have to take your hat off, hold your hands up and say what a good job O'Dreary is doing at the V*lla. I expect them to be back to there old selves next season however, mid table. In all fairness the league has been a bit poor this season.

Who has been your player of the season and who would you gladly give away.

Player of the season has gotta be Mikael aint it? What an amazing player, 19 goals in a mid table team is totally class. The guy is amazing. Just hope we can get a permanent deal sorted out. The players i would give away are, Bryan Hughes, Stern John, and Nico Vaesen, they are not the way forward for the club, and Hughesie wants out so let him go.

How do you feel the Ex Rovers, Johnson, Dunn and Taylor have performed.

Little DJ, what can i say? Bargain springs to mind, the fee was something like 50,000quid and he has turned into a useful member of our squad. Always reliable and gauranteed 110% off him every game. Very useful at right back should he be needed there.

Dunny has been plagued by injuries this season but in the games he has played in, he has been top quality. Arsenal last week he was amazing considering he only just came back from injury. I don't expect him to play again this season however next season i expect to see him at his best and personally i cannot wait!

Martin Taylor when at centre back has been mr reliable, full back well thats a completely different story. Mainly the reason we have been leaking goals like mad, he simply does not have the pace when up against players such as pennant etc. I will give him the benefit of the doubt... For now!

Do you expect Steve Bruce to be busy in the transfer market this summer, and if so which position do you think needs strengthening.

I expect a striker, right winger, left winger, midfielder, right back and maybe a left back to be brought in. See below for my personal choices.

Rumors are we have around 15million to spend pre-season. My personal choices would be, Robbie Keane, Jermaine Pennant, Geremi (loan), Muzzy Izzet, Danny Mills and possibly Ian Harte (all of the players we have been linked with). Should be a good side should we manage to get them.

It appears a trend by many clubs now to have a theme for the last game of the season. eg fancy dress. Have your fans planed a theme for Saturday and do you think you will sell out your allocation of tickets.

Yes, we have fancy dress planned, me and me mate in batman and robin suits, don't ask why because we dont even know ourselves, just want to stand out from the crowd. Now that Enckelman is lining up against us, i heard on the official message board that blonde wigs and clown suits will be out in full force, now that would be a sight!

What sort of line up can we expect on Saturday and what is your score prediction.

Expect a full strengh side, with the exception of Dunny. Any result i will be happy with, and i expect the Blues fans to be in full voice. We have recieved 3,100 off you and 2,500 have gone as we speak, getting mine tommorrow, so we will sell out. I predict a 2-1 to Blues. Morrison and Forssell for the Blues and Stead for the Rovers. Should be a good game.

Thanks again to Flopsy's mate Michael and to DavidDunn16.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor - dear god. i could play right back better than this plank. he looks like a £1.25m reserve player, which was summed up by being completely turned over by the wolves left winger. i'm impressed that souness managed to convince bruce that this bloke would be better than tebily!

That just warms my heart biggrin.gif

The second guy needs to stop saying his catchphrase, otherwise those were some nice interviews/reports (though again the second guy is deluded, Taylor is pants anywhere you play him thumbs-up.gif )

We dont lose when I come to watch and we always score. I'm going for 2-1 rovers. Stead with one at some point and just because I always say it Super Matty of the bench with the second.

Morrison for them

Taylor - dear god. i could play right back better than this plank. he looks like a £1.25m reserve player, which was summed up by being completely turned over by the wolves left winger. i'm impressed that souness managed to convince bruce that this bloke would be better than tebily!

That just warms my heart biggrin.gif

Me, too !

....and I thought Bruce was quoted as saying Tiny could play anwhere across the back four ! biggrin.gif

I'll go for a 1-0 to the Rovers - Tiny's handball on the line sets Steadinho up for a penalty, which is put away with ease !

I just hope we put out a line-up that's a little more attacking than the one we've battled to safety with.

Blackburn 1 (Cole)

Birmingham 1 (Forsell)

I would play:

Enckelman

Neill Short Nissa Gray

Emerton Flitcroft Tugay Gresko

Cole Stead

I would like Brett to play despite his underachievements. It's the last game of the season so we need some attacking play and not a closed-up midfield and hoping we can get a goal against the run of play. Also Douglas to be dropped for the same reason.

Rumors are we have around 15million to spend pre-season. My personal choices would be, Robbie Keane, Jermaine Pennant, Geremi (loan), Muzzy Izzet, Danny Mills and possibly Ian Harte (all of the players we have been linked with). Should be a good side should we manage to get them.

I realize that Brum have had a good season, but does anyone else think that Robbie Keane and Geremi might be a little bit out of their league?

I just have a feeling that Tiny will play and will be solid at the back in a 2-0 Blues victory. Sure hope I'm wrong, but at least Rovers don't need a result from this one to avoid relegation.

I realize that Brum have had a good season, but does anyone else think that Robbie Keane and Geremi might be a little bit out of their league?

I just have a feeling that Tiny will play and will be solid at the back in a 2-0 Blues victory. Sure hope I'm wrong, but at least Rovers don't need a result from this one to avoid relegation.

Im not sure about that. Bruce is ambitious and has a long term plan. If Spurs were willing to sell I think Keane could be convinced. You have to take your hat off to the Brum staff.

Personally we are not playing for much more than prize money (important as it is) so I think Souness should make some tweaks for creativity's sake:

Cole Stead

Tugay

Gresko Emerton

Flitcroft

Gray Short Nissa Reid

Enckleman

Wont happen though, fully expect the team that started at Spurs to line up again. dry.gif

I would like Brett to play despite his underachievements. It's the last game of the season so we need some attacking play and not a closed-up midfield and hoping we can get a goal against the run of play. Also Douglas to be dropped for the same reason.

Brett has been dissapointing this season because he's been turning back and cutting inside.

Which means he's defensive and will add to the 'closed-up midfield'

Rovers 0-0 Brum

Why ruin a ###### season with an encouraging result.

It would be great from a season ticket sales point of view for Rovers to play entertaining football and win a high scoring game. Unfortunately, I think you're right and it will be dull, dull, dull. However, I think 1-0 to Rovers if we can avoid making a silly defensive error, or 1-0 to Brum if we can't.

Rovers 1-0

Dunn amazingly recovers from injury & fatness & scores an o.g. pen in front of the Blackburn End! biggrin.gif

If not then another high-scoring end of season game like the last 2 seasons - Rovers 3-0 (esp if Taylor's in defence)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.