BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cole To Leave?

I’m still unsure whether Cole will stay or go. But I do have similar feelings with previous posts. Cole clapped the Blackburn End for a long period of time, whilst we were all chanting his song.

It did look like as If it could have been a goodbye and his interview of the Radio was very interesting. He seems an honest player and I would be very sad to see him leave, as I think Cole has found the right player to partner up front with him since Jansen with Stead.

But Cole, Souness doesn’t get on together, so again another player doesn’t get on with the manager.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rover.gif the sooner cole goes the better,hoe it took souness 88mins before he brought gally on was a disgrace,all cole does at ewood is line his pockets and halts better prospects progress,see ya andy tinykit.gif

The Guardian's match report said the same thing about Cole and in the transfer news, quoted Souness as saying that a few players will be leaving and they will be finding out their fate in the next week. Yorke should definately leave, but not Cole. He has scored 11 Premiership goals this season and he and Stead are forming a good partnership. If he and Yorke leave that leaves with an extremely young strike force, with Jansen not being 100%. This would mean that Souness would have to bring in a striker and he has said that he is only looking at English players, when there are plenty of top quality foreigners who aren't pre-Madonnas.

As for the other players that are getting the boot, Todd would seem likey, Babbel and Andresen were leaving anyway, but who else?

The Guardian's match report said the same thing about Cole and in the transfer news, quoted Souness as saying that a few players will be leaving and they will be finding out their fate in the next week. Yorke should definately leave, but not Cole. He has scored 11 Premiership goals this season and he and Stead are forming a good partnership. If he and Yorke leave that leaves with an extremely young strike force, with Jansen not being 100%. This would mean that Souness would have to bring in a striker and he has said that he is only looking at English players, when there are plenty of top quality foreigners who aren't pre-Madonnas.

As for the other players that are getting the boot, Todd would seem likey, Babbel and Andresen were leaving anyway, but who else?

I would imagine Yorke, Andresen, Babbel and Todd will all leave.

Jansen, Gresko, Douglas and Cole could all go too.

To be fair out of all of those Cole is the only really significant one, he must stay. Douglas could be a decent defensive midfielder I suppose, and maybe jansen could find his old form... not holding my breath though.

Yorke-Going

Andresen-Going

Babbel-Going

Todd-Going if anyone buys him

I cant see any other player that will be actively sold.

Maybe if theres a good offer for Flitcroft,or maybe if theres a really good offer for Cole,otherwise i cant see anyone other than those four leaving.

So Greame Souness,Cole says he wants to stay..what are you going to do?

Are you prepared to put personal feeling's to one side for the good of the club or will it be time to take your bat and ball home?

Be assured Greame that if you make the wrong decision with this one there will be a hell of a lot of unhappy supporters down at Ewood next season.

WE DONT WANT TO SEE ANYMORE OF OUR BEST PLAYERS LEAVING THE CLUB DUE TO THESE NOW REGULAR FALLING OUT EPISODES..FANS ARE STARTING TO TIRE OF IT

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

That article indicates to me quite clearly that he will be sold Alan.

Yes, I have to agree. sad.gif

With all the press speculation / comments over the weekend, I note there has been no comment from the club.

WE DONT WANT TO SEE ANYMORE OF OUR BEST PLAYERS LEAVING THE CLUB DUE TO THESE NOW REGULAR FALLING OUT EPISODES..FANS ARE STARTING TO TIRE OF IT

WE DON'T WANT TO SEE ANY MORE OF OUR BEST PLAYERS LEAVING THE CLUB FOR ANY REASON BE IT FOR A DISAGREEMENT OR NOT

Is that not the primary reason why we pay top dollar for a manager upwards of £1m per year and a chief Exec around £250,000 per year?

Interesting from what Cole says. I’d be very disappointed to see him leave and from the way he applauded the fans on Saturday, it did look as if he might be off.

But looking at the situation why it is a possibility that he’s leaving?

There is no way after this season that Cole should leave, clearly he’s been one of our best players this season, scored some good goals and hasn’t had enough chances created for him, but has still worked hard.

Or is it still the row, disagreement that Cole had with the manager, which I imagine is probably the more definite reason. If there was a different manager at the club at present I’m sure Cole would stay, after all the decision is up to the manager and not the fans.

Souness will get his way eventually, his contract runs out next season, but if an offer was to come in for Cole would the club sell him? Probably.

Hope he stays.

The match report in this mornings Daily Telegraph (not a paper to indulge in wild speculation) says Cole will be on his way to Man City with Fowler coming to us!

If that happens I might have to join Jim's Souness out club.

Make no mistake, Stead will be good, Todd somehow got player of the year, but IMO Cole is easily the best player we have got.

Are we really going to sell our best player two summers running?

mad.gifsad.gif

i am pretty sure fowler is on more money than cole so hopefully it is wild speculation in the daily telegraph. fowler great player once and we were supposed to be after him before leeds jumped in and we went for cole instead, as it turned out we got the better deal.

Cole is at Highbury tonight...............

turning out for an England XI in Martin Keown's testimonial.

I must say that despite some of his hands-on-hips performances over the years, I do not think it is in our best interests if Cole leaves.

He has scored 11 goals this year feeding on mere scraps, he knows his way around the Premiership and remains a talismanic figure for the younger players.

Souness knows best though doesn't he?

On another note, Hignett, Davidson and McKinlay have all been shown the door by Leicester today. Gillespie is available on a free transfer.

Surprise, Surprise

Bring Gillespie back as a coach he can train Emo how to run down the touchline rolleyes.gif

The match report in this mornings Daily Telegraph (not a paper to indulge in wild speculation) says Cole will be on his way to Man City with Fowler coming to us!

One or two things I've heard suggests Fowler may well be here next season...

Not sure about City though for Cole, I hope Cole stays, he oozes quality.

This is a massive decision by Souness if he puts Cole up for sale. No one player is bigger than the club but neither is the manager.

This club cannot continue to lose its best talent because of personal disputes with GS. It really is beginning to pee me off.

Being a big fan of Robbie Fowler is a bit like being a big fan of Jimmy Greaves...their best days are both well behind them.

With all the injuries Fowler has had he simply looks a shadow of his former self. It'd be great if he could reach the same level of the player he used to be but we've been waiting four or five years for that already.

I must say that despite some of his hands-on-hips performances over the years, I do not think it is in our best interests if Cole leaves.

He has scored 11 goals this year feeding on mere scraps, he knows his way around the Premiership and remains a talismanic figure for the younger players.

Souness knows best though doesn't he?

Christ!! Me an' Jimblo in agreement!!

Fleurk' 'n' 'ell doesn't come into it!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.